Rudder Pedals on a budget....

Rudder Pedals on a budget....  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Rudder Pedals on a budget....

• TM TFRP T-Flight Rudder Pedals
    • Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I have no experience with the TM TFRP T-Flight Rudder Pedals.

I bought Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals when they were still relatively new, before Mad Catz took over. They are still working as well as they day they were new, no spiking full linear 0-100% response on all three axis. The only failure was the locking pins for adjusting the pedal length failed, so my pedals just slide down the shortest setting and can slide off. I could easily fix this with small pieces of wooden dowel, but it hasn't caused any real problems.

Because they have worked so well for so long, I haven't done any of the mods other people have done, such as getting rid of the center detent feel, which could make helo flying a bit better. I fly helos just fine with it, and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Over the years I have seen other people have all kinds of problems with them. Maybe I am the lucky one? If Logitech is making them as well or better as Saitek originally did, then they are probably going to make you happy. I bought mine for $100. I understand they cost more now, presently $160 on Amazon.

A key feature of the Saitek pedals that is different from the CH or Thrustmaster products is the spacing. If you want wide spaced pedals, you either have to buy Saitek or one of the high end high quality custom built rudder pedal packages. The others are very close together. If you plan on having a simpit with a center stick, wide pedals are almost a requirement.

The Thrustmaster product is hard to beat for its price and features. It is possibly an equal or even higher quality product than the old Saitek design despite its lower price. If you prefer the closer pedal spacing or don't need the wide spacing, I would give these a shot, especially if you already have a Thrustmaster HOTAS and like to use TARGET to integrate all of your devices into one virtual device.

Even though my Saitek pedals still work more than good enough for me, I am tempted to save up some overtime money to get the new Thrustmaster TPR pedals. Their design is nearly identical to the real pedals in many airplanes, particularly the F-4 Phantom that my sim pit is supposed to model. But it is a lot of money to spend on something I already have and may not work as well for helos. Of course, I just did the same thing in buying a VKB MCG Pro. The Warthog stick works more than good enough... but I took a chance on the VKB at a high cost, but in my opinion it paid off because of the much improved gimbal feel with no clunky feeling near the center. Hard to know what to do without a chance to try them out. I will probably roll the dice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No vote for CH ? They work well and last forever .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2