How to set Carrier Battlegroup TACANS & ICLS

104th_Maverick

I've noticed a lot of people are having trouble using the carrier TACANS while flying online with missions that have carrier waypoints so I threw together this tutorial for you guys to explain how you work around the issue.

It shows how to set up Carrier TACAN, patrols, ICLS and place Static Objects on your carrier decks!

Hope it helps

:thumbup:

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Thank u very much!

I dont understand, why u make all this with triggered actions. And repeating it.

I just switch on ILS and TACAN in the waypoint 0 and it stays on for the mission. Or will it all switch off, if the ship passes the waypoint 1? That waypoint I didnt reach right now. :)

Great Vid. The TACAN on a mission I made was not working and I'm going to give this a try!

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

I dont understand, why u make all this with triggered actions. And repeating it.

Online when a ship passes a waypoint the TACAN goes off.

Setting up the repeating trigger will work around this problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3629514']Online when a ship passes a waypoint the TACAN goes off.

Ah, ok. Thank u. That's what I didn't know.

So, with your workaround, which is very nice, it could be, that the ship could have up to 10 minutes no TACAN/ICLS. If passing a waypoint shortly after a new started interval...? Could happen, I think.

Regards

Vannipo

So, with your workaround, which is very nice, it could be, that the ship could have up to 10 minutes no TACAN/ICLS. Could happen, I think.

Yes, then worst case you would have to orbit for 10 mins until it comes back on.

Or you could change the trigger time to 300 seconds (5 minutes) instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
The Bug is not only waypoint bound, We only have one waypoint in mission and it still turns off.

Are you sure it's the carrier TACAN that turns off and not an aircraft fault.

I'm seeing a very similar TACAN fault in the F/A-18C to that in the F-5E, where the TACAN stops updating distance and bearing after a period of time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=194977&stc=1&d=1538318318

458398976_F-18CTACANbugScreen_180929_174838.thumb.jpg.2f0cd77ed62cb82b7e2eb1dd8ec2741e.jpg

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems so ; I wrote a small document explaining how to set this up, based on 104th_Maverick solution.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Seems so ; I wrote a small document explaining how to set this up, based on 104th_Maverick solution.

Thanks a lot for sharing, goes straight into my "tips" library :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB