Add these kinds of wing vapour, please!

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

It's the wingtip streamers we've had all along and the overwing vapors we just received occurring at the same time. The only thing unique is the camera perspective.

In RL vapors are affected by a widerange of factors, resulting in slightly more variation. That basically requires full simulation of humidity, air pressure, and the airflow over surfaces and how they all interact. It's not a simple thing. Generic animations are the first step.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It's the wingtip streamers we've had all along and the overwing vapors we just received occurring at the same time. The only thing unique is the camera perspective.

In RL vapors are affected by a widerange of factors, resulting in slightly more variation. That basically requires full simulation of humidity, air pressure, and the airflow over surfaces and how they all interact. It's not a simple thing. Generic animations are the first step.

Sorry man but I dont think so...the wing vapour we have now covers the entire loin of the hornet which wont happen in this kind of "invert W" vapour...here is this vapour from another angle:

ClGuMlCWMAAT2q3.jpg

As you can see its a mix between the LERX vapour and the wings vapour, closer to the slats/the front section of the wings. It has a very well defined shape that changes smoothly (kind of like the lerx vapour we have now) as the wind flow is still very laminar...what we have now is something more like this:

40268870_316618982444987_4903242065585821283_n.jpg

FA-18F_vapor_over_wings_1.jpg

f-18-ed-wing-smoke2.jpg?w=525&h=234

this is a very "semi-spheric" vapour with not well defined edges that changes rapidly due to the "chaotic" vorticity of these extreme conditions in the flight envelope.

That "hole" or space of no vapour in the loin is the key of what I mean (visually), another example:

DmRbxWOXgAE7gIJ.jpg

I know there are many parameters controlling the vapours but Im sure it is possible to include a couple of kinds more so we have covered the whole gamut of types:LERX only vapour (already done), low speed lerx+wing vapour (this would be the "inverted W" one), high speed wing vapour (the one in the first shot of the first post), extreme AoA vapour (already done) and supersonic vapour.

They are almost in order in fact (in general): you start pulling the stick and you get the LERX vapour...if you pull harder you get the LERX+wings...if you continue pulling harder and loosing more energy you start getting the extreme AoA vapour. The high speed one would only happen at high speed and high g's and finally the "static" sound barrier cone/vapes over other surfaces when supersonic.

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

+1 on that one Watermanpc! Im a sucker for visual effects too and must say they did a great job so far. All i want to add is my personal oppinion that the vapes could look a little less transparrent. Most of the times they are hardly visible. Really only when you are about stalling speed and should focus at your gauges instead of aft :music_whistling: so indeed a little heavier vapes on the wings mire than welcome! :thumbup:

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...