Axis Curve Settings ?

What are the favorite settings here? Having lots of trouble refueling. I know Lex (real world F18 pilot who flies in DCS) has a settings he's been working on to suit his needs, perhaps more like the real thing.

I use a desktop stick (TM Cougar, similar to Warthog) and no curves at all. Feels great to me--the F/A-18 is fine with linear curves.

The trick is to get over the tendency to "ham-fist" the plane around (excessively fast & coarse control inputs).

Not that I do any aerial refuelling, I'm not that good :) I usually end up shot down before needing more fuel, and if I'm not, I have no missiles left anyway :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I dont have an extension, its a Wartog Thrustmaster stick. It feels great but is sensitive as hell. Im just unsure of how to adjust the curve for that correctly.

I've had two Warthogs and never liked how they felt around center. The stiff spring is the problem. I experimented with curves and it felt ok but I don't think that's the answer. I'm about to buy another Warthog and this time i'm going to use an extension. I think that's a better cure than curves.

Buzz

I've had two Warthogs and never liked how they felt around center. The stiff spring is the problem. I experimented with curves and it felt ok but I don't think that's the answer. I'm about to buy another Warthog and this time i'm going to use an extension. I think that's a better cure than curves.

I now use an extended warthog in between my legs. (With the standard spring)

When I was using my other warthog as a side stick (without extension) I bought the green lighter spring. It made a world of difference.

Also I did the mod with polishing the internals and greasing it with a much thicker grease.

Refueling is a piece of cake

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Yep.

That's why I removed that spring awhile ago and it made a world of difference for me. I have much finer control now.

I bought my Warthog as soon as it was released, but only recently decided to remove that spring, after seeing a post on mods. It was the best thing I've done.:thumbup:

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I now use an extended warthog in between my legs. (With the standard spring)

When I was using my other warthog as a side stick (without extension) I bought the green lighter spring. It made a world of difference.

Also I did the mod with polishing the internals and greasing it with a much thicker grease.

Refueling is a piece of cake

Who offers the lighter spring?

Buzz

An extension is the best answer. My current one is 12.5 cm.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Prices are comical.

2 options.

option 1: make a spring yourself.

option 2: buy a spring from sahaj.

i would suggest option 2 since option 1 would mean a lot of experimenting until you finally get your spring right.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

What are the favorite settings here? Having lots of trouble refueling. I know Lex (real world F18 pilot who flies in DCS) has a settings he's been working on to suit his needs, perhaps more like the real thing.

I have 20 in roll/pitch, tried 15 but my AAR & formation flying suffered. Generally I have 15 curves in all planes. Funny thing is I have 0 curve on the M2000C which is an FBW but I need 20 for the F18.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

How long of an extension would I need if I used the stock spring to equal the green spring with no extension? I'm talking about the force to move the stick.

Depends on personal preferences, i think.

I have the 10cm extension with the standard spring and it feels very good.

Edit:

No extension: green spring.

<15cm: standard spring.

15-20cm: red spring.

>20cm: blue spring.

(That's what sahaj recommends on his site.)

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

No curves for me.

Saitek X52, sidestick desk chair configuration.

I try to fly with my forearms resting on the armrests of my office chair, to which the X52 HOTAS system is attached, and use fingertips to finesse both stick and throttle.

Works a treat.

Regards,

Curveball

VFA-113 STINGERS #302