Brunner Force Feedback Joystick Base

Mozart

Well, true that, but they also have a DCS-plugin in beta-state right now, so it's definitely becoming more and more DCS oriented.

Chuls, just curious, did you ever manage to get the brake lever to calibrate with the whole axis? Mine only registers 50%/75% of it. Windows calibration tool jumps to next axis/button as soon as I touch the brake lever.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

weirdly enough yes, I managed to. I think something changed in Windows 10 because I was not able before.

What I do is follow the instructions but when it says press a button to go to the next step, I press the brake lever. When it's the turn of calibrating the brake lever itself I move it and then click on next

Maybe try checking if there's any Windows update you can install

Oh really!? Now, that's weird. So before I change my current calibration. Just to make sure, when you start calibrating with Windows:

1. Windows asks to press button to set new center, you press any button on the stick.

2. Windows asks to calibrate the x-/y-axis, and you move the stick from corner to corner and press next.

3. Windows asks to press a button on the joystick to reaffirm the new center, AND here you press the lever in?

4. Windows asks to calibrate z-axis, and you again press the lever?

5. Skip all the other axis.

Do I understand you correct? If so, I'm really surprised, but at the same time happy it could be the solution. Weird it's not written anywhere though.

My windows is currently up to date, checked manually for updates too. Seems everything is tip top.

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry but I am out of the country for a few months and can't test. But what I meant is this:

1. Windows asks to press button to set new center, you press the lever in.

2. Windows asks to calibrate the x-/y-axis, and you move the stick from corner to corner and press the lever in.

3. Windows asks to press a button on the joystick to reaffirm the new center, AND here you press the lever in

4. Windows asks to calibrate z-axis, and you again press the lever? yes, then click on next

On 6/26/2021 at 12:14 AM, Chuls said:

sorry but I am out of the country for a few months and can't test. But what I meant is this:

1. Windows asks to press button to set new center, you press the lever in.

2. Windows asks to calibrate the x-/y-axis, and you move the stick from corner to corner and press the lever in.

3. Windows asks to press a button on the joystick to reaffirm the new center, AND here you press the lever in

4. Windows asks to calibrate z-axis, and you again press the lever? yes, then click on next

Thanks, will try 👍

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm digging out this old post again because I'm also very interested in the Brunner Base.

However, due to VR flying, I am a button fetishist. All of my Warthog buttons are double assigned, without that I can't operate the complex functions of the jets sufficiently.

Now I have asked Brunner whether my Warthog joystick is recognised as such by the TM Target software and whether I can continue to combine my TM joystick with the TM Throttle to form an input device in order to be able to double-assign all buttons via the shift function of TM Target. Brunner has now denied this, saying that I could only assign the buttons via CLS2Sim or VJoy, but the buttons cannot be assigned to two different functions.

How do Brunner-Baser owners do this? Do you all refrain from double-assigning the buttons or is there a workaround?

Cheers, MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

On 3/4/2022 at 9:07 AM, MadMonty said:

Hey guys,

I'm digging out this old post again because I'm also very interested in the Brunner Base.

However, due to VR flying, I am a button fetishist. All of my Warthog buttons are double assigned, without that I can't operate the complex functions of the jets sufficiently.

Now I have asked Brunner whether my Warthog joystick is recognised as such by the TM Target software and whether I can continue to combine my TM joystick with the TM Throttle to form an input device in order to be able to double-assign all buttons via the shift function of TM Target. Brunner has now denied this, saying that I could only assign the buttons via CLS2Sim or VJoy, but the buttons cannot be assigned to two different functions.

How do Brunner-Baser owners do this? Do you all refrain from double-assigning the buttons or is there a workaround?

Cheers, MadMonty

I use the Brunner Base with the Brunner DX force feedback. For the grip I use the Realsimulator F16 SGRH CE. I do not double assign buttons, but the Realsimulator Grip each button has 4 positions plus press. The Realsimulator has a rotary dial beneath the coolie hat which allows for 8 different profiles in the Realsimulator software - though again I do not use this function as I find I have more than enough funtions on the Realsimulator grip. They are not cheap but IMHO the best grips that are available.

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever gotten the opportunity to test the CLS-E vs the CLS-P? And is the latter even available to private individuals?

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

5 hours ago, mhe said:

Has anyone ever gotten the opportunity to test the CLS-E vs the CLS-P? And is the latter even available to private individuals?

this is Brunner reply to me:

CLS-P Joystick starts at USD 10'000 per piece, it's clearly not a homeuse device, that's why you can't buy it in the online store.

17 hours ago, Smile2137 said:

this is Brunner reply to me:

CLS-P Joystick starts at USD 10'000 per piece, it's clearly not a homeuse device, that's why you can't buy it in the online store.

Oooof, I expected it to be more expensive, but an order of magnitude more is harsh. Nevermind then, it is the E or nothing. 
Just wondering whether the E is strong enough to be used with a Virpil S-style extension or whether forces become pathetic at that length. 

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

20 hours ago, mhe said:

Oooof, I expected it to be more expensive, but an order of magnitude more is harsh. Nevermind then, it is the E or nothing. 
Just wondering whether the E is strong enough to be used with a Virpil S-style extension or whether forces become pathetic at that length. 

I use a 10 cm Sahaj extension without an issue on a MonsterTech deskmount. I think in the past I used the Virpil 20cm S mount, but I stopped as with the MonsterTech standard mount the grip was too high and not comfortable to use. Maybe with the extended MonsterTech it would be more comfortable - however in regard to forces and grip/base deflection I do not recall any issues.

The Brunner base is massive, and I use it as right mounted base - it is too large to mount as center with the secretlab chair with the MonsterTech desk mount - maybe floor mounted with a chair cutout would work, but that would need more than a 20 cm extension

• Like 1

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 12:50 AM, tribundf said:

quick question. I am trying to hook up my TM Hornet grip to the CLS-E base, but I dont have the option to select it. Not sure how the get this to work. I have the newest version of the CLS2sim software

thanks

After installing the software and connecting to the Brunner device, got to the Profile Manager button

In Profile Manager Click the Tab "Buttons" - you should then get a screen that allows you to select the grip from a drop down list

null

null

image.png

image.png

• 2 months later...

Brunner Firmware 631 read me:

See underlined text below.

Does this mean future DirectX FFB support?

Changelog  PRG.1125  BLDC Drive

Date 14.12.2022
v631
-Bugfix VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime
-Add Torque Ripple Compensation for Biss Motors
-Add DirectX FFB Objects & PDOs (preparation for integration)
-Add Object Wafeform Generator 0x2173 Sinus/Triangle/SawtoothDown/SawtoothUp
-CLS-E Joystick defaults adjusted
-Bugfix CRE Device

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shrimp said:

Brunner Firmware 631 read me:

See underlined text below.

Does this mean future DirectX FFB support?

Changelog  PRG.1125  BLDC Drive

Date 14.12.2022
v631
-Bugfix VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime
-Add Torque Ripple Compensation for Biss Motors
-Add DirectX FFB Objects & PDOs (preparation for integration)
-Add Object Wafeform Generator 0x2173 Sinus/Triangle/SawtoothDown/SawtoothUp
-CLS-E Joystick defaults adjusted
-Bugfix CRE Device

Uhhh, that's interesting! Anyone know more?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is this a new firmware release? Where can I check I am up to date? Nothing has popped up in CLS2 about updating? Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thx!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

On 9/26/2022 at 1:50 AM, tribundf said:

quick question. I am trying to hook up my TM Hornet grip to the CLS-E base, but I dont have the option to select it. Not sure how the get this to work. I have the newest version of the CLS2sim software

thanks

For clarification - you can´t choose the F18-Stick out of the drop down menu, but choosing TM Warthog grip is fine and the F18 grip is fully functional.

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

On 3/4/2022 at 3:07 AM, MadMonty said:

Hey guys,

Cheers, MadMonty

I just use the ‘Modifier’ function in DCS.   

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

On 12/24/2022 at 2:17 PM, Shrimp said:

Brunner CLS2Sim DCS Profiles by Shrimp (2022-12-24)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328095/

Thanks, how do you import these into the Brunner software for use? 

7 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Thanks, how do you import these into the Brunner software for use? 

It is explained in the read me txt. It shows the default installation folder, so you may have to change the path in case you have CLS2Sim installed differently.

Thanks, you know I did read the read me, but as that was the top line, missed that somehow!!! D'Oh!! 

Would you mind expanding on the profiles for DCS what the rational is behind each and why they vary etc? I am keen to understand ....!

Could you explain how the profile titles relate to the characteristics of each ? I get the "FBW fixed force" is for FBW jets like the Hornet...what does the fixed force mean? 

And whats the fast & slow relate to? 

Thanks! 

Edited by markturner1960