Vapor effects

jc005e

hI , I have noticed some unrealistic behavior of the new vapor effects.. as you can see in my picture , the Hornet is producing high G vapor at a VERY low speed when it should really be happening over 250 or 300 Knots.. Is ED planning on fixing this?

t1.thumb.png.758d5c00777efcf13de5df55b89ab7f8.png

No, this happens in singleplayer too. I think the Vapors taking values from

TAS and AOA. I had vapors at Altitudes of FL500 and above. I stalled the plane at 60000 ft and had a IAS of 80 kts. But I had Vapors at the whole way down. At this heights the air density and pressure are too low and the air Is too dry for such a condensation.

I think These Vapors are at a very early state and Will Be improved with the new Air system

That's because:

A. That is not HIGH - G Vapor, It's High AoA Vapor.

B. Your AoA is 53°

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

My wingman and I were flying back to Bandar Abbas yesterday after a sortie on the 104th and dirtied up on final I noticed some white wisps or in front of me and thought I was being shot at. I looked over to my right and saw the wingtip vapes coming off my wingman and FACING FORWARD as if we were flying backwards.

Oh ED, you so cray cray

I do think there's an issue with Vapes, AoA Values and wind.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No major issues IMO with the over-wing vapes, if a little melodramatic and out of place in the desert. The wingtip vapes on the other hand, look silly. Those need to stop happening around 15-20 alpha, at low speed or high sideslip, with AIM-9s on the wingtip LAUs, or significant negative aileron deflection. In any of those conditions, wing lift is spoiled significantly, particularly at the wingtips. The update really helped make them look more reasonable, but some additional logic to when they disappear is needed.