UH60 Blackhawk Modern Day Utility Helicopter

Kev2go

UH60 Blackhawk Modern Day Utility Helicopter  

178 members have voted

1. 1. UH60 Blackhawk Modern Day Utility Helicopter

• Yes
    • No

Sure we have the iconic UH1H huey,its great for some "Namstalgia" ( ok ok technically its a post SEA era UH1H)

OF course everyone wants a Mi24 ( which is a confirmed project) and a Ah64A or a Cobra. But what about at one point seeing a current service Utility Helicopter such as the Uh60 First of which entered service as early as 1979?

I was thinking A UH60L variation would be the best bet as that would give something that is more modern than the Initial UH60A, but would not be hampered by lack of data like the latest iteration UH60M. Although who knows such variations could also be possible since Polychop had at one point done a poll to include the UH60M. ( as we know they chose to do the Oh58D)

there is publicly available Flight manual on Uh60L dated from 1996 ( Distribution Statement A) so its declassified, nor ITAR export restricted and fully available for public distribution, so be it ED or any 3rd party, or even accessible for any average joe. It wouldn't be a problem getting hands on documentation for the necessary research. IM guessing that perhaps with certain agreements maybe even more modern iteration or revisions of documentation could be accessible

Aside from Being the standard Medium Utility Helicopter of the US ARmy, the UH60 Blackhawk is one of the most widely used Utility helicopters around the globe today for Civilian, Emergency and military services , and as a platform is a veteran machine of various conflicts.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

An SH-60B Seahawk would be an interesting alternative - it would fit nicely with the Hornet and Stennis (and F-14/A-6 from Heatblur). It would also offer some extra capabilities over the UH-60A/L (FLIR, Radar, Hellfires, Torpedoes, Anti-Ship Missiles). There's a NATOPS from 2008 available as well: https://publicintelligence.net/u-s-navy-natops-sh-60b-seahawk-helicopter-flight-manual/

Edited by backspace340

An SH-60B Seahawk would be an interesting alternative - it would fit nicely with the Hornet and Stennis (and F-14/A-6 from Heatblur). It would also offer some extra capabilities over the UH-60A (FLIR, Radar, Hellfires, Torpedoes). There's a NATOPS from 2008 available as well: https://publicintelligence.net/u-s-navy-natops-sh-60b-seahawk-helicopter-flight-manual/

I agree to Seahawk as an alternative option for Blackhawk.

Considering the current game mechanism and engine, however, it's more appropriate for building an HH-60H simulation instead of SH-60B.

SH-60B simulation requires too many integrating hydrology ingredients into the game engine, which has ton of work to be done(it seems not realistic currently).

HH-60H will be great. It will take maritime SAR missions, medical evacuations, transporting, even using AGM-114 with laser sensor as an attack role and MORE!

An SH-60B Seahawk would be an interesting alternative - it would fit nicely with the Hornet and Stennis (and F-14/A-6 from Heatblur). It would also offer some extra capabilities over the UH-60A/L (FLIR, Radar, Hellfires, Torpedoes, Anti-Ship Missiles). There's a NATOPS from 2008 available as well: https://publicintelligence.net/u-s-navy-natops-sh-60b-seahawk-helicopter-flight-manual/

I hadn't thought of that. Seems also like another good consideration especially its flir and its better gunship capabilities.

Also if were you I wouldnt post links to any manuals post 1980 regardless of distribution or declassification level. .l given the recent rules. ( I wasn'yt aware of this new rule and had posts deleted already by mods)

Same reason i didn't post the unclassified uh60 manual here

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I think most transport helos are useless right now until ED starts to add the ability to transport infantry,carry wounded soldiers and rescuing downed pilots.

Even the preceding uh1h or mi8 aren't pure transport helos. They have gunship configuration which allows them to carry rockets and miniguns/gunpods.

This also goes for some the blackhawk variations.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I think most transport helos are useless right now until ED starts to add the ability to transport infantry,carry wounded soldiers and rescuing downed pilots.

If they ever added Firefighting missions to DCS the Black Hawk could also be put on firefighting duty by just being able to carry a water basket.

Check out this video of a Black Hawk helping out to control a wildfire.

I was fighting a wildland fire once when a chopper made a water drop abot 40 yards away . Internally quoted ""Apocalypse Now" .

• Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Please make it steam gauges... I want to fly not manage computers. No offense to cypc.

I respect your preference, but you already have the Huey for that, need to add some variety :joystick:

Edited by cypc

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

I respect your preference, but you already have the Huey for that, need to add some variety :joystick:

assuming ED or any 3rd party can get a liscense for such a modern one, along with finding enough necessary data

the most modern Utility based on the S70 ( blackhawk) platform that has Glass pit that i was able to find a FM on the internet was a MH60S Knighthawk.

I simply made the UH60L as a consideration simply because the biggest user is the US ARmy, and i feltmost exported Blackhawks in use across the world would be of a Similar enough Configuration, as well safer bet for more data being available.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I don’t know, what about the sea king, pretty old and used by a lot of nations, not to mention it’s meant for navy activities unlike the hueywe got. (It still can do it but a sea king can do it better) I believe I read somewhere that I can be armed with machine guns and possibly two anti ship middles, I would think we would get less hassles with this than say a UH-60. The Sea King can still fill out the utility/ transport role as well.

I was inverted B)

I don’t know, what about the sea king, pretty old and used by a lot of nations, not to mention it’s meant for navy activities unlike the hueywe got. (It still can do it but a sea king can do it better) I believe I read somewhere that I can be armed with machine guns and possibly two anti ship middles, I would think we would get less hassles with this than say a UH-60. The Sea King can still fill out the utility/ transport role as well.

Its about as old ( if not older depending on model) as a Huey we have in dcs. the idea is to have a modern-ish Utility helicopter

I dont see why there would assumption that anything too modern is going be hassle automatically. Most of the DCS environment is built around Modern era Combat, and not 1960s-70s period.

Avioics wise when it comes to fixed wing we have far more sophisticated Machines In DCS. Like the F/A18C Hornet or A10C .In terms of Rotaries, the Ka50 would probably be the most modern Helicopter. having a Helicopter thats still serving beyond the end of the Cold War until today like the Blackhawk would be quite desirable, and is not an unreasonable request, especially when the initially suggested one ; the UH60L is more than a Safe bet at this point in time, but as others have pointed out if possible there should be a open discussion for the feasibility of of a Utility with a Glass Cockpit.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• 4 weeks later...