[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]A10C Engine Start Up Not working

mcmike

On the latest openbeta version (as of todays date), I can not get the left engine to start. Checklist is followed to the letter, Ralt Home to start the engine, the throttle moves, but nothing happens. I thought it was me until i tried doing an autostart and going back through the startup tutorial and it fails in both of those cases as well.

Assume this is a bug but havent seen anyone else with the issue.

Any thoughts?

CPU:i7920 @2.67GHz overclocked to 3.25Ghz

Video:ATI HD5780 Single Monitor

Ram:8 GB DDR3

Equipment:TrackIR4, Buttkicker2Gamer,CH ProFlight Pedals, Saitek X65 Controller

On the latest openbeta version (as of todays date), I can not get the left engine to start.

I updated OB to the latest version 2 hours ago, just landed after a successful mission, no problems with engine start whatsoever here.

Can you post a track? (Or a video? Track would be better though.)

No problems here today on latest OB. Sometimes I forget to switch on the fuel boost pumps so the engine just spins up but does no ignite.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

• 3 weeks later...
I think he meant auto-start.. it's bugged .. coz it set both throttles to idle before apu start

It's a mite difficult to know what OP might have meant, seeing as he couldn't be bothered to respond within 2 weeks.

But since he mentioned a manual startup as well as autostart, it seems the problem was not limited to either of these.

Here's my trackfile.

What happens is that in the moment I press Windows Key + Home ad start the auto-start, it put

both throttles to idle position (which, as we all know, should be done much later after the apu is on and one by one, left then the rght).

It was working fine before the update.

A manual start works fine (apparently).

I've tried on the f18 and first it didn't work, same problem, but a second time it didn't.

So I have no clue what's happening.

Thnx,,

a10cautostartbug.trk

Here's my trackfile.

:thumbup:

I'm away from my PC for a couple of days and hoping that someone else can take a look.

Unfortunately the forum doesn't allow to mark a thread as unread (or at least I don't know of such a function); I'll try to remember to take a look if no one else does by the time I'm back.

so many random stuff happening on this update..

A lot of people complaining about the key bindings,, for me is working fine, but many people were complaining today that their keybindings are messed (different aircrafts) and they cannot remap, or overwrite them with previous backup input files.

so many random stuff happening on this update..

A lot of people complaining about the key bindings,, for me is working fine, but many people were complaining today that their keybindings are messed (different aircrafts) and they cannot remap, or overwrite them with previous backup input files.

Apparently the Hog was unaffected...

(For Now)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Apparently the Hog was unaffected...

(For Now)

Yeah. I’ve tested the f18, a10, and harrier, so far no problems for me, but some other players were complaining that they had problems with keybinding of the f18. On discord too a lot of “i had problems” but also a lot of “ i didnt” so it doesnt seem to be aircraft specific.

What I can tell for sure is that the auto-start on the hog is bugged for me. Manual start works fine. Hope ED can find what’s wrong.

It’s not a big deal, but who know to what other bugs it can be linked.

Cheers.

A10-C my auto start is bugged too... it used to work up until a couple months back... thought it was my Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS.... but cannot find the problem.. all other aircraft seem good.. Been a real PIA. I posted about this before... but I was hoping this controls reset and patch helped... still not right.

seems to be only in Open Beta. We as a squad only fly OB for now.

server-20181016-124808.trk

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

A10-C my auto start is bugged too... it used to work up until a couple months back... thought it was my Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS.... but cannot find the problem.. all other aircraft seem good.. Been a real PIA. I posted about this before... but I was hoping this controls reset and patch helped... still not right.

seems to be only in Open Beta. We as a squad only fly OB for now.

It's not fixed in the current hotfix. Actully even without any joystick plugged, if you autostart you gonna get this bug.

A quick "fix" is as soon as you hit Windows+Home (autostart) return both throttles to off.. Alt+end and Ctrl+End.. It should work while there is no fix..

If it's a bug it's a bug, and needs to be fixed.

Just wonder why to use autostart with a-10c...

There are many reasons to use auto-start..

* I could be on an multiplayer server and use that time to make a coffee

* I could be tired,

* I could just want a quickplay online

* Don't know how to start properly

* etc

Whatever the reasons, it's a feature in the game and how one plays it should be her/his own matter only. :thumbup:

Edited by Raijin

Hi All.

Glad I'm not the only one with issues on the A-10C Auto-start. Just to add what I've encountered so far. I mainly use the Beta version as I try to help out in the bug finding and have only encountered the auto-start issue on the Beta version after today's update, before that it was working ok. After most updates I work through all the aircraft I have to see whats changed/not and whats broken/not. I also have the stable version which is currently running previous version of the sim and the C autostarts ok throttles stay at cutoff till reqd by the startup where as the Beta version both throttles are moved to idle as soon as autostart is activated, further info on this issue would be appreciated.

Happy bug hunting.

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Same boat, autostart suddenly not working.

In my case, it seems to be with the APU. The APU starts, but hangs - it never reaches self sustaining RPM (maxes out at about 60), then the APU start aborts while the rest of the scripted autostart continues. But without the APU, obviously nothing else works - no engines start, etc.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Just to provide an update, even with the latest patch I am still not able to either manually start or auto start the hog. I am following my checklists as normal but once I get to the point where I need to put the left throttle to idle to start the left engine, it just sits there and doesn't spin up. I get the same result when I try doing it through auto start. Has the startup checklist changed in the last six months? I suspect not, especially since auto start doesn't work, but figured I would ask.

CPU:i7920 @2.67GHz overclocked to 3.25Ghz

Video:ATI HD5780 Single Monitor

Ram:8 GB DDR3

Equipment:TrackIR4, Buttkicker2Gamer,CH ProFlight Pedals, Saitek X65 Controller

Hi All

First of all a sorry to mr.arthur96 I tried to reply to PM on this subject but i think i was unsuccessful, glad I managed to find this post again. Next following the last Beta update my A-10C auto-start is now working as should, so at least some good news. For those who it doesn't work for. going by my encounters, Something to check first , in the mission Cold Start before selecting auto-start (or even doing a manual start), make sure the throttles are in the cut-off position if possible and watch carefully as you select auto-start, prior to the latest update as you watch, as soon as you hit auto-start both throttles would move away from the cut-off (This is what stops the auto-start continuing correctly), if you quickly move them back to cut-off position the auto-start will continue, this was a quick work round till the issue was supposed to be fixed. Also don't forget to go into the options section, go to the MISC tab and uncheck the Syncronize cockpit controls with HOTAS controls at mission start option as I have found this can cause confusion if swapping between several aircraft, especially if their setup is different. After the update the throttles don't move away from the cut-off position on their own till they are supposed to and auto-start should continue as normal, if not something else to look at is a corrupted control file, which i have found is usually fixed by letting the sim rebuild the default folder for the affected aircraft, in this case the A-10C bit of a pain if several modules involved. Hope this makes sense and is of help to some of you. As always Happy Bug Hunting!!

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

I have tried to do it your way.

I had to turn off HOTAS synchronize option next set throttles in IDLE then jumped in A10 afterwards run auto-start and it worked.

My observations are:

- manual startup isnt working with synchronize "on" and "off" option

- if I moved throttles at any time before both engines ran it resulted in failure

It looks like last update didn't fix A10C start procedure.

[sIGPIC]Luftgangsta[/sIGPIC]

Hi all

playing around with the start-up on A-10C usually lazy and use auto-start thats how I noticed the issue for me. But since it worked again thought would try manual start as mr.artur96 did and I ran into starting issues for the 2nd engine. Went through the procedure I just did and sussed I hadn't put the fuel pumps on, restarted mission and tried again, success. Hope my mistakes help!!

• 1 year later...

I was getting frustrated with engine auto-start apparently not working, but I eventually I read somewhere that the full auto-start sequence is RWin + HOME (not RCTRL + HOME for starting on engine, plus another key combo to start the other engine). It is happy days for me know as I can start the A10 the lazy way :)