Firstly, sorry, I haven't read through all 17 pages of this thread.

Do you know if any of these sensors would be suitable for the TM Warthog Throttle fake "friction slider" axis.

I took some picture to send to TM for a replacement, but I'd much rather replace it with a contactless sensor.

I'd be happy to provide any additional required information if you need it, I have a multi-meter too.

20201231_220056.jpg

20201231_220110.jpg

20201231_220026.jpg

11 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Firstly, sorry, I haven't read through all 17 pages of this thread.

Do you know if any of these sensors would be suitable for the TM Warthog Throttle fake "friction slider" axis.

I took some picture to send to TM for a replacement, but I'd much rather replace it with a contactless sensor.

I'd be happy to provide any additional required information if you need it, I have a multi-meter too.

Hey,

I dont have a Warthog Throttle personally, but I may have something that fits. It was initially designed to replace the TM16000 Z axis pot, but looks quite similiar. Below, I will attach some pictures. Could you please measure the dimensions of the pot and show me a close up of the unplugged connector? This should actually be easy to adapt.

You can also email me under mtwsims(at)tutamail(dot)com.

IMG-20200911-131142.jpg IMG-20200911-131124.jpg

12 hours ago, Shrimp said:

Hi,

I’m also interested in the Antenna Elevation and Manual Range pots for the Cougar Throttle.

‘Cheers!!!

Sorry mate, they are not ready yet. I will order another batch of SLS prints next week and very much hope they will turn out great! The last prints were a desaster and I actually got a refund from Shapeways.. 🙄

Here is quick render for the people waiting for the Force sensing mod. This is the final design of the Warthog variant btw. So dont worry, it is progressing and a lot of stuff is going on in the background. 🙂

FCC-Warthog-render.jpg

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 2

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

32 minutes ago, rel4y said:

Here is quick render for the people waiting for the Force sensing mod. This is the final design of the Warthog variant btw. So dont worry, it is progressing and a lot of stuff is going on in the background. 🙂

FCC-Warthog-render.jpg

Looking nice! :thumbup:

Just to be sure.. You were also working on a Cougar force sensing mod, right?

(I'm quite happy with my Warthog, but I'd like to upgrade my Cougar)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yeah, they just differ in the mounting plate. https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/188571-tm-cougar-sealed-magnetoresistive-hall-sensor-kits/?do=findComment&comment=4432743

The force sensing mod will support TM Cougar, TM Warthog, TM F-22 Pro and F-16 Simpits. I am also thinking about a standalone version, but thats a topic for later on. 🙂

• Like 2

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

2 hours ago, rel4y said:

Yeah, they just differ in the mounting plate. https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/188571-tm-cougar-sealed-magnetoresistive-hall-sensor-kits/?do=findComment&comment=4432743

The force sensing mod will support TM Cougar, TM Warthog, TM F-22 Pro and F-16 Simpits. I am also thinking about a standalone version, but thats a topic for later on. 🙂

Any estimate on Force sensing mod pricetag, sir?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hey Rel4y, that looks promising, measurements for the TM Warthog "Friction Slider" Axis pot below. Cheers

Yellow is Positive at 4.78v with respect to red
Brown signal wire 0-4.78 when positive lead on Brown, negative lead on red

20210103_193428 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193642 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193705 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193739 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193803 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193804 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193848 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193910 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193933 - Copy.jpg

20210103_194411 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193043 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193110 - Copy.jpg

20210103_193313 - Copy.jpg

Edited by jonsky7

On 1/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Any estimate on Force sensing mod pricetag, sir?

~320€ I think.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, jonsky7 said:

Hey Rel4y, that looks promising, measurements for the TM Warthog "Friction Slider" Axis pot below. Cheers

Yellow is Positive at 4.78v with respect to red
Brown signal wire 0-4.78 when positive lead on Brown, negative lead on red

Ok, I saw your email and will make a CAD model tonight. The connector seems to be a JST PH type which I am sure I have laying around somewhere. The dimensions are a bit different from the usual TM pots Sokol linked above. But should be unproblematic. 🙂

Edited by rel4y

• rel4y changed the title to TM Cougar & CH magnetoresistive/ hall sensor kits
12 hours ago, JFC3000GT said:

Hello rel4y,

I interested on the following for my cougar throttle:

Cougar USB Throttle adapter + 14 GMR sensor (30€ + 20€) and the Cougar Microstick.  Do you still have these in stock?

Yes, send me an email. You can find the email address in the first post. 🙂

On 1/8/2021 at 8:15 PM, Hellbat said:

Looks awesome.  Can you give an estimate of the forces required at the stick?

I plan to offer a little mainboard that can use Uri_Bas amazing software. With that you can choose several modi & presets, eg. Block 30 analog FLCS, Block 40 digital FLCS and custom. The custom setting lets you specify your own lbf/ kgf max force for each axis. Once the first production units are realized, I will check if the software works as expected and ask Uri_Ba for permission to use his great work. 🙂

• Like 1

Would a 15 degrees forward "neck" be mandatory for the force sensor base?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

No, it doesnt influence the force transmission in any way and is purely preference. I would actually advise against using the 13 deg tailpiece in a desktop config. The 13 deg forward tilt actually results in the stick being upright in the real F-16 cockpit, but in a rather unnatural tilt in a desktop setting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rel4y said:

No, it doesnt influence the force transmission in any way and is purely preference. I would actually advise against using the 13 deg tailpiece in a desktop config. The 13 deg forward tilt actually results in the stick being upright in the real F-16 cockpit, but in a rather unnatural tilt in a desktop setting.

This is something that I was thinking about lately...IRL the stick is tilted 13° forward and its base 6° backwards, resulting in the stick being 7° forward from vertical...(which is quite upright). But... the seat is reclined 30° backwards! So, the stick is 37° forward in relation to the pilot. Thus, for someone sitting in front of a desk, maybe 13° is less than what would be needed, to have the stick in a similar position to the pilot's. In this regard, I wouldn't consider it so unnatural.

What do you think?

2 hours ago, Tazman said:

This is something that I was thinking about lately...IRL the stick is tilted 13° forward and its base 6° backwards, resulting in the stick being 7° forward from vertical...(which is quite upright). But... the seat is reclined 30° backwards! So, the stick is 37° forward in relation to the pilot. Thus, for someone sitting in front of a desk, maybe 13° is less than what would be needed, to have the stick in a similar position to the pilot's. In this regard, I wouldn't consider it so unnatural.

What do you think?

I don't think your comparison is correct. Don't forget that in the real thing, the stick is positioned only slightly above and to the right of the pilots right leg. Sitting behind a desk causes the player to have to raise his arm way to high to reach the stick, compared to the real thing. Pretty sure that placing it 13deg forward will feel really unnatural.

For my previous profession, I've sat in F-16 cockpits countless times and the stick is placed extremely ergonomic. You definitely don't notice it's placed under an angle (well.. I didn't)

Anyways, in the end it's probably just a matter of getting used to something. Whether the stick is placed straight up, at 6deg or at 13deg.. after a while you won't want it any different.

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

12 hours ago, sirrah said:

I don't think your comparison is correct. Don't forget that in the real thing, the stick is positioned only slightly above and to the right of the pilots right leg. Sitting behind a desk causes the player to have to raise his arm way to high to reach the stick, compared to the real thing. Pretty sure that placing it 13deg forward will feel really unnatural.

For my previous profession, I've sat in F-16 cockpits countless times and the stick is placed extremely ergonomic. You definitely don't notice it's placed under an angle (well.. I didn't)

Anyways, in the end it's probably just a matter of getting used to something. Whether the stick is placed straight up, at 6deg or at 13deg.. after a while you won't want it any different.

When using my stick in a Virpil desk mount by the side, I find very awkward pulling Gs and feel some wrist strain.

On a different matter, could anyone who installed the hall sensor for cougar throttle,share the user curve values to match de physical afterburner detent?

Edited by Ala12Rv-Tundra

When using my stick in a Virpil desk mount by the side, I find very awkward pulling Gs and feel some wrist strain.

On a different matter, could anyone who installed the hall sensor for cougar throttle,share the user curve values to match de physical afterburner detent?
Check out Redkite's video on it. Don't have the link on top of my head. Just search for it, or go to Redkite's YT channel.
I didn't change any curves on mine, as the detent is very close already. It's even possible to adjust the physical detent, even though it might take a little time with trial and error. It's a shame DCS doesn't have the options like in that other Viper SIM. I'm also thinking about adding Idle/AB swithches inside, and make the idle detent "harder".

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think its time again for some pictures. 🙂

Today I finished up a few projects that were waiting in the pipeline to be finished for quite some time. I finally soldered up my CH Combatstick to Fighterstick conversion to one of my Thrustmaster compatible 4021 shift reg boards. First, I tested each pin of the shift reg on the Warthog base to find out which pin corresponds to what DX button. Next, I soldered up the DMS hatswitch to my CH Fighterstick conversion board with the correct OMRON B3F tactiles. Then the other hatswitches were soldered over to the Fighterstick conversion board.

IMG-20210112-152510.jpg IMG-20210112-121527.jpg IMG-20210112-124009.jpg IMG-20210112-221358.jpg

This is what the completed board looked like. At some point I will paint the clear plastic grey, but that was out of my scope for now. The rotated TMS is on purpose btw. 😉

IMG-20210112-123940.jpg IMG-20210112-123949.jpg

Now it is getting a bit messy. 😅 All wires were connected to the 4021 shift reg to the same pins as in Thrustmaster grips. Of course I forgot to add the Gardena nut on the TM adapter and had to desolder the 5 shift reg wires again to add in the nut... After following the pin layout (for the most part) and correcting the obligatory mess up, the grip was all wired up. The next hour was spent searching for the correct screws, which I had professionally stowed in some unlabled bag together with a bunch of Thrustmaster stuff. Geez... 🙄

IMG-20210112-231108.jpg IMG-20210114-191919.jpg IMG-20210113-000759.jpg

Et voila, the finished TM compatible CH grip on a Warthog base. 😃 This grip is going on to my BRD DS base and replacing the F-22 Pro stick, which I want to modify with different OMRON switches. I still have one CH conversion kit in spare, in case anybody is interested.

IMG-20210115-001150.jpg

The other cool project I finished today was modelling up the CAD models of several OTTO switches (P1, T4 mini and T4). All dimensions are up to spec and these will certainly come in handy in my future projects! 😉 A big thank you goes to DeadMeat for pointing me to the T4 datasheet, helping me out with measurements and for providing great pictures in his TM stick conversion thread! Cool stuff!

OTTO-T4-mini-stadium.jpg OTTO-T4-mini-stadium.jpg OTTO-T4-china.jpg

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 3

On 1/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, MAXsenna said:

Check out Redkite's video on it. Don't have the link on top of my head. Just search for it, or go to Redkite's YT channel.
I didn't change any curves on mine, as the detent is very close already. It's even possible to adjust the physical detent, even though it might take a little time with trial and error. It's a shame DCS doesn't have the options like in that other Viper SIM. I'm also thinking about adding Idle/AB swithches inside, and make the idle detent "harder".

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

After watching that excellent tutorial, I ended up with this values, remember to check "Slider" and "User curve" options:
0-8-15-23-35-48-60-70-80-90-100

• Like 1

The delivery of new 3D printed casings should arrive end of this week. While so far I have always ordered from Shapeways, I have lately been dissatisfied with them and now pulled the trigger over at i.materialise. I really, really hope the SLS prints are good quality and up to spec. If all goes well I can offer these for the Cougar soon: 😉

ANT-ELE-sensor-2.jpg

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, rel4y said:

The delivery of new 3D printed casings should arrive end of this week. While so far I have always ordered from Shapeways, I have lately been dissatisfied with them and now pulled the trigger over at i.materialise. I really, really hope the SLS prints are good quality and up to spec. If all goes well I can offer these for the Cougar soon: 😉

ANT-ELE-sensor-2.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but what Cougar part am I looking at here? (Range Knob?)

System specs: