Hi I was wondering do you still sell your 24bit boards? Do you have any tutorials on wiring them up? I am currently making a joystick thats all custom using a rotory switch like a F-14 and am wondering how I can make this board work with the planned components.

I also saw you needed the measurements for the Warthog Base. I found on Thingiverse a CAD file of the base, Ill post it here, and hopefully from that you can design the spring and the rest! Thing files for V2.0 Thrustmaster Warthog replacement gimbal by Psyrg - Thingiverse

Edited by washiestsnake

On 1/19/2021 at 7:39 AM, sirrah said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what Cougar part am I looking at here? (Range Knob?)

This is the Cougar ANT ELEV sensor. It should also fit the F-16 TQS. 🙂

23 hours ago, washiestsnake said:

Hi I was wondering do you still sell your 24bit boards? Do you have any tutorials on wiring them up? I am currently making a joystick thats all custom using a rotory switch like a F-14 and am wondering how I can make this board work with the planned components.

I also saw you needed the measurements for the Warthog Base. I found on Thingiverse a CAD file of the base, Ill post it here, and hopefully from that you can design the spring and the rest! Thing files for V2.0 Thrustmaster Warthog replacement gimbal by Psyrg - Thingiverse

Yes, I am still selling them. You can find my email in the first post. I have a few pictures detailing which pin does what, but no conclusive tutorial so far.

Just finished modeling the Warthog hatswitches with a few internal improvements. Now I plan to combine the best of the CH hats with the best of the Warthog ones and integrate them into the OTTO footprints. 🙂

Warthog-hatswitch.jpg Warthog-hatswitch-cut.jpg

Btw, does anybody know how to safely disassemble the Warthog OTTO P1 style push buttons?

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

The new i.materialise prints have arrived and I am veeery pleased with the quality! 🙂 Here is a nice SLS print of the F-16 TM 13 deg tailpiece, FCC thread piece and F-16 locking collar and they fit together like a charm! They are ready for full metal production now. Next, I will install the 13 deg tailpiece and F-16 locking collar on my Warthog or Cougar grip to see if it looks cool. 😃

IMG-20210125-231945.jpg IMG-20210123-003643.jpg IMG-20210123-003720.jpg IMG-20210125-232150.jpg IMG-20210125-232109.jpg

Over the weekend I was busy making new CH sensors and CH mainbaords and finally I am done.. Geez, I can barely see through the solder fumes in my room and my back needs to be bent straight again. Anyways, I am taking new orders for the CH stuff now. The Cougar USB standalone adapters + GMR sensors and the Cougar Mnistick are also back in stock.

IMG-20210125-200501.jpg

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

On 1/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, rel4y said:

Btw, does anybody know how to safely disassemble the Warthog OTTO P1 style push buttons?

This pictures suggest that need press the side tabs, for release the bottom with the membrane switch. Tm button at left (OTTO P-1xxx at right).

lIECrEt.jpg

Warthog-pinky-switch.jpg

On 1/18/2021 at 7:36 PM, rel4y said:

The delivery of new 3D printed casings should arrive end of this week. While so far I have always ordered from Shapeways, I have lately been dissatisfied with them and now pulled the trigger over at i.materialise. I really, really hope the SLS prints are good quality and up to spec. If all goes well I can offer these for the Cougar soon: 😉

ANT-ELE-sensor-2.jpg

Hello this looks great..., does it have the center stop?

~

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @rel4y,

I emailed you last week about the Cougar USB mod - just wondering if you are still selling these?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:30 PM, Dispatch said:

Hello this looks great..., does it have the center stop?

Yes, but its not very pronounced. I have the cases laying around (still missing their bearings and threads), but the PCBs got hung up somewhere in the mail..

IMG-20210227-034035.jpg

On 2/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, Lace said:

Hi @rel4y,

I emailed you last week about the Cougar USB mod - just wondering if you are still selling these?

Answered! 🙂

On 2/22/2021 at 7:24 PM, unhappytroll said:

question - does your CH sensor compatible with old TM F-16 FLCS gimbal?

Well, it does fit in the TM F-22 Pro and F-16 TQS. Have a look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/188571-tm-cougar-ch-magnetoresistive-hall-sensor-kits/?do=findComment&comment=4415482

IMG-20200910-153603.jpg IMG-20200910-153624.jpg IMG-20200910-160137.jpg

Edited by rel4y

Hi

Planning on using Cougar standalone throttle with Warthog stick for BMS.

Can you advise how I should set up throttle in Windows 10 in order to use microstick?

Can I set up standalone throttle using Hotas Cougar Control Panel without Cougar stick base?

Just wondered how it works.

Thanks

20 hours ago, Mudspike said:

Planning on using Cougar standalone throttle with Warthog stick for BMS.

Can you advise how I should set up throttle in Windows 10 in order to use microstick?

Can I set up standalone throttle using Hotas Cougar Control Panel without Cougar stick base?

Just wondered how it works.

The controller board is in the stick base so it has to be connected to it to work (unless you buy the TUSBA adapter which IMHO would be a waste of money since you can just put the connected stick base somewhere out of the way).

There are updated Cougar drivers and they work on Windows 10, including the CCP.

Thus, the microstick works as well though you might need to disable the rudder axis in CCP (enabled by default IIRC for some reason) and enable the microstick ones. I remember I also remapped the microstick axis to some Direct X ones within Target scripts for it to work, but don't recall exactly why as I mostly use the Warthog throttle with the Cougar base these days.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Hi Mudspike,

I am using the same combo as you are planning to use. I can tell you it works like a charm. The throttle is setup through Mjoy software and is programmable through DCS or BMS. The hardware install is pretty straight forward and is not that hard. i'm no tech wonder myself.

Good luck

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cyberadje said:

Hi Mudspike,

I am using the same combo as you are planning to use. I can tell you it works like a charm. The throttle is setup through Mjoy software and is programmable through DCS or BMS. The hardware install is pretty straight forward and is not that hard. i'm no tech wonder myself.

Good luck

2 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

The controller board is in the stick base so it has to be connected to it to work (unless you buy the TUSBA adapter which IMHO would be a waste of money since you can just put the connected stick base somewhere out of the way).

There are updated Cougar drivers and they work on Windows 10, including the CCP.

Thus, the microstick works as well though you might need to disable the rudder axis in CCP (enabled by default IIRC for some reason) and enable the microstick ones. I remember I also remapped the microstick axis to some Direct X ones within Target scripts for it to work, but don't recall exactly why as I mostly use the Warthog throttle with the Cougar base these days.

sorry, I was not clear.

I am going to get rel4y's  standalone throttle adaptor and my question was based upon it.

I knew I cannot use cougar software with this standalone adapter thus wondered how I should set things up which were partially answer by Cyberdje 🙂

1 hour ago, Mudspike said:

Hi Cyberdje

Thank you for your advice.

So, Does Rel4y's standalone kit ship with set up software "Mjoy" ? or is this any sort of 3rd party software that I have to download?

Thanks

Just got set up files and instruction directly from rel4y.

Can't wait to give this a try when it gets here .. 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 3:17 PM, Mudspike said:

sorry, I was not clear.

I am going to get rel4y's  standalone throttle adaptor and my question was based upon it.

I knew I cannot use cougar software with this standalone adapter thus wondered how I should set things up which were partially answer by Cyberdje 🙂

My bad, I should have presumed it from the thread context, but I had more tabs open and forgot it.

Rel4y's USB adapter makes much more sense price-wise, though I wish Target support could be retained. Perhaps it could be possible to add another device to Target script files with Relay's hardware ID, I've never gotten myself to try something like that.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I can actually make the USB adapter Target compatible, I just dont advertise it as I dont know about the legality of it. 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 4:10 AM, Mikuda said:

Hi! I'm interested in ordering some stuff from You. I've emailed You at mtwsims@tutamail.com but got no reply. Maybe it got stuck in spam or other mysterious internet place.
Is it still valid email? Thanks.

Same here 😔.

@rel4y, are you still producing these?

If not, does anyone know of a way to get my hands on these parts? Wondering if I can source the part from shapeways and do some soldering myself...

The ronas had finally gotten to me and I was knocked out for a while.. While I wasnt really very sick past the first three days, its propably not a good idea sending stuff out to people all over the world. My quarantine is over this week and I will be making some more mods shortly. Sadly, some of the parts are hard to come by currently and chinese Arduinos have significantly increased in price for some reason..

Please dont despair, I will be back shortly with my lineup of mods. There is no giving up on the good old TM Cougar and CH stuff! 🙂 Thank you guys for your continuous support!

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, rel4y said:

The ronas had finally gotten to me and I was knocked out for a while..

sorry to hear that, hope you will recover soon and without consequences 👍

On my case, I’m fortunate and have already had my two doses of the vaccine, the only good thing that our government has done (all the rest, not so much)
hopefully the vaccination will extend soon to every country.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB