On 6/3/2021 at 7:20 PM, rel4y said:

Hey Wittman,

How are you doing my friend? I hope your Cougar sensors are still going strong! Your throttle magnet was propably on the longest journey of all parts I have ever sent out. 🙂 Unfortunately, the ANT sensors I had made are all sold out. I will make a new batch soon, but I had to change the supplier of the ICs as delivery wasnt expected for several months. Hard to say when they will be back, probably early July.

Hello Marvin!

Everything is OK! Cougar sensors are working perfectly. Yes, it was a long journey... 🙂 I will send an e-mail, I would like to order some parts.

S!

Edited by 59th_Wittman

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, aelfewulf said:

Finally, it’s done!

11-E83-E35-E7-D4-4-C1-B-A40-C-68-B351640

77-D0-DDD9-2893-4504-A1-CE-2-C0988-D66-C
0673-EC22-0-E7-B-4-CC6-BF68-CFEC2494-D68

Big thank you to rel4y for the mods! This one required 2 shift registers

Holy crap, that's some serious modifications you did there!

Very impressive work!

Can you expand a bit more on what you did? And did you make any photos from what the internals look like now?

I especially like the button you added to the grip, as it could be set as idle detent switch I suppose.

Edit:

By the way, maybe you should create a new thread for this, not to clutter @rel4y's thread too much. Also, imo your modification deserves it's own thread.

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey, rel4y, just a sugestion. Many of us are trying to extend the live of our very beloved Logitech G940 Force Feedback joyistick (beloved because nowadays there is no other practical option in the market ;)). Any chance to get new sensors for such a joystick? I understad that magnetic sensors are out of the question because of interference with the ffb electric motors, but can you think of any other solution?

Thanks for your work, mate!

• 2 weeks later...
rel4y,
I too am interested in prolonging the life of my cougar and would be interested in purchasing some replacement parts, but I saw no email address, facebook page,etc,
how do I contact you and where can I see your products.

Thank You
It's in the first post, but I have usually dropped PMs.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Rel4y,

I sent you an email for a Cougar Mini stick if available.. Still have the X,Y axis pots working great for some time now..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hey guys,

I just returned from three weeks summer vacation and I wanted to post two quick pictures that might be of interest! The bigger disc to the left is the Warthog adapter plate. The metal screw (TM adapter) parts will arrive within the next days and for production units I will obviously clean the protective foil grime off the lasercut parts. 😃

Ill start answering emails tomorrow and also post an update of whats in stock!

IMG-20210731-141908.jpg IMG-20210731-141626.jpg

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 3

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

7 hours ago, rel4y said:

Hey guys,

I just returned from three weeks summer vacation and I wanted to post two quick pictures that might be of interest! The bigger disc to the left is the Warthog adapter plate. The metal screw (TM adapter) parts will arrive within the next days and for production units I will obviously clean the protective foil grime off the lasercut parts. 😃

Ill start answering emails tomorrow and also post an update of whats in stock!

IMG-20210731-141908.jpg IMG-20210731-141626.jpg

Yes! Force sensor news!

or... ehh.. isn't it? 😋

Could you please expand a little on what I'm seeing here? I don't suppose the sensors are inside this disc, right? I mean I don't see any cables sticking out.

One thing that sort of concerns me (but you can probably take away my concern); It looks like the grip mount is made of plastic. Isn't that a potential weak spot? Won't that "easily" break when giving full force stick input (which I can image happening during close air to air combat situations)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

4 hours ago, sirrah said:

Yes! Force sensor news!

or... ehh.. isn't it? 😋

Could you please expand a little on what I'm seeing here? I don't suppose the sensors are inside this disc, right? I mean I don't see any cables sticking out.

One thing that sort of concerns me (but you can probably take away my concern); It looks like the grip mount is made of plastic. Isn't that a potential weak spot? Won't that "easily" break when giving full force stick input (which I can image happening during close air to air combat situations)

Yes, that's the "raw" force sensor, without all the electrical stuff. The plastic screw is just a placeholder, that's why I added the metal screw (TM adapter) part will arrive within the next days. 🙂 That part is made from an aerospace grade 7000 type aluminum alloy with really high tensile strength and not the standard purpose 6000 type alloys. It's way overkill, but it's pure awesomeness! 😄

• Like 1

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

13 minutes ago, rel4y said:

Yes, that's the "raw" force sensor, without all the electrical stuff. The plastic screw is just a placeholder, that's why I added the metal screw (TM adapter) part will arrive within the next days. 🙂 That part is made from an aerospace grade 7000 type aluminum alloy with really high tensile strength and not the standard purpose 6000 type alloys. It's way overkill, but it's pure awesomeness! 😄

Ah sorry, I somehow managed to misinterpret that part 🤦‍♂️

Just out of personal interest; I fail to see/understand how the stick input is transferred to sensors. On your photo's it looks like the TM-adapter is fixed to those metal rings and those rings are fixed to the Cougar base. So, are the actual pressure sensors inside (in-between) those metal rings somewhere?

(if so, that appears to leave a lot of space for electronics/PCB's 😮)

System specs:

Today, the TM adapter/ thread parts have finally arrived at my doorstep. The CNC job quality and fit is flawless and the aircraft grade Aluminium looks and feels amazing! I am very happy how these turned out! Here are some pictures so you can make up your own mind. I havent cleaned them yet, so there are still splashes from the cooling liquid visible. 😃

IMG-20210902-202010.jpg IMG-20210902-202156.jpg IMG-20210902-203722.jpg IMG-20210902-204321.jpg IMG-20210902-204003.jpg

On 8/20/2021 at 1:51 PM, sirrah said:

Just out of personal interest; I fail to see/understand how the stick input is transferred to sensors. On your photo's it looks like the TM-adapter is fixed to those metal rings and those rings are fixed to the Cougar base. So, are the actual pressure sensors inside (in-between) those metal rings somewhere?

(if so, that appears to leave a lot of space for electronics/PCB's 😮)

The final product will be assembled as shown in the earlier renders, it is very similar to the FCC to be able to fit F-16 spec simpits. However, the black magic electronics wont be visible on the finished product. 🙂

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 2

Does the “black magic electronics” allow user to customise force sensitivity? 😉

Also, it would be great if your future FCC PCB/controller can support additional axis and inputs.

Users can then drill holes in the stick base to add switches, buttons and rotary knobs

Edited by aelfewulf
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, rel4y said:

Today, the TM adapter/ thread parts have finally arrived at my doorstep. The CNC job quality and fit is flawless and the aircraft grade Aluminium looks and feels amazing! I am very happy how these turned out! Here are some pictures so you can make up your own mind. I havent cleaned them yet, so there are still splashes from the cooling liquid visible. 😃

IMG-20210902-202010.jpg IMG-20210902-202156.jpg IMG-20210902-203722.jpg IMG-20210902-204321.jpg IMG-20210902-204003.jpg

The final product will be assembled as shown in the earlier renders, it is very similar to the FCC to be able to fit F-16 spec simpits. However, the black magic electronics wont be visible on the finished product. 🙂

Please don´t take this wrong, but do you have a timeline in mind for this? Q1 2022?
Should I start saving a euro per day??? 🙂

• Like 2

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, rel4y said:

Hi Rel4y,

I have tried emailing you, messaging you, etc, for months about your throttle sensor (And I am interested in the FSSB).

I figured you were just gone but Maxsenna tells me you are still around. Please respond if you see this. I went with the Viper Gears TQS and I cannot get a single one to work. I have the later board. I would like to purchase asap if you are still here.

Fang

• Like 1

Hello, Rel4y.

I'm hoping you're in receipt of my email, sent to mtwsims@tutamail.com.

I'm also interested in some Thrustmaster Cougar parts, specifically replacements for both the Cougar Ministick/ Slew (RDR Cursor/ Enable) and the  Cougar ANT sensor (ANT ELEV).

hey Rel4y I reemailed you on the 2 parts I would like to purchase for my Cougar thnx 😉   

GREAT STUFF!! Looking at your force mod too are they avaialable currently for the Cougar? does the aluminum piece you noted for the force mod?

• Like 1

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

On 10/1/2021 at 5:17 PM, CybrSlydr said:

I think I'm ready to buy a Cougar Ministick if you've still got them, Relay.  🙂

I have an unused Cougar throttle ministick (without PCB) I can sell you. 15 USD + shipping. Probably about 30 USD shipping to USA. PM me if interested.