LOCERF Mission Planning and Dates

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re; ReOrdains 5 hr RedFlag.

I think 5 hours, for most Red flag flights, would be too long; and as you said, it'd add to the workload, which is already high.

As for making the mission longer to allow other people in who can't make the 'normal' start time; How about staggering the RF flight start times?

Find out the next most suitable start time for sqauds that have trouble making the present time, and do a RF at that time occaisionally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

Find out the next most suitable start time for sqauds that have trouble making the present time, and do a RF at that time occaisionally.

I like the idea. We could alternate between a time for America/Europe and Europe/Australia. That being said, I like the time we've established for LOCERF 2 :thumbup:

I'm in.

Oh s--t.... cancel red flag now

:D

Well...... at least he'll look good in formation... Just dont give him key bound access to any of the comms channels when his Aim-9 goes dumb off the rail at a head on, 0 aspect bandit!

Edit: Striker... you get to fly in the "Fistul"... it carry's R-82's and has plasma stealth.

ROFLMAO

just wondering how you will/plan to incorporate single players as in those not in squadrons. will be they be assigned to work with a squad or work as an individual or what. will they count as indigenous forces?

This is a question the organizer(s) will have to ponder. I would imagine that as interest in Red Flag continues to grow, there would be an attempt to include as much of the community as is practical. Whoever flies should make an attempt to participate with their side before the mission kicks off either via TS, email, private forum, PM, morse code or what have you to discuss tactics or strategy in order to get the most out of these exercises. That's one of the reasons there is so much time between sessions. It gives everyone adequate time to prepare. I know that Fudd has asked that pilots that are not members of squads who are interested to PM him. So, Fudd is the man to ultimately address this question.

Re; ReOrdains 5 hr RedFlag.

I think 5 hours, for most Red flag flights, would be too long; and as you said, it'd add to the workload, which is already high.

As for making the mission longer to allow other people in who can't make the 'normal' start time; How about staggering the RF flight start times?

Staggering flight times is exactly what I was suggesting. No single pilot would fly the entire 5 hours (unless you were one of the exceptions that was given the option of continuing due to a pilot/squad not showing or being undermanned). As an example, Redfor/Bluefor fighter group(s) 1 and 2 begin logging into server at 1630 zulu to test connections and get ready for 1700 mission start. Redfor/Blufor Strike flight 1 also logs in. For the sake of argument, let's say each flight has total of 4 planes per wing. All 6 groups begin at the pre-briefed start time to execute objectives. At this point there are a total of 24 pilots flying in the server at mission start.

At 1730 Redfor/Bluefor Strikers begin to login to test connections as previously suggested. Their start time is 1800z. At their login time there are 32 pilots in the server. Redfor/Blufor Fighter group 3 logs in at 1830 for a 1900z mission start time. At 1930z the pilots that started at 1700z would be landing and/or concluding their objectives, and would thus free up the server for the next group(s) of joining flights. This way, the server maintains a reasonable amount of people flying at any given time, as well as maintaining performance. Obviously, the size of the wings can also be increased depending on what the server can handle. So on, and so forth.

5 hours was suggested as a way to maximize the potential of the exersize if 60-70 pilots were being considered to participate. The real workload would be on the ATC's or whomever had the responsibility of monitoring what was going on, not the pilots. They'd only being be flying their 2-1/2 hours and pushing on. They could return to TS later for debrief if they don't want to hang around. The ATCs can also be relieved if necessary. As we all become more familiar with the process and logistics, this responsibility can shift to the squad that actually contributes the mission for any given exersize. If 5 hours still seems too long, we can still achieve the goal of maximizing participation through utilizing a similar method.

Again, merely food for thought . . .

IMO if there is enough people signed up for staggering flights it would probably be better just to run the mission twice.

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool to have a 5 hour tacview of the whole battle, but lets face it, theres a whole batch of new problems to deal with by doing that. There would have to be ton of ground targets and primary objectives to take out. 2 and a half hours is ample time to take out any sam sites or major targets. A proficient group of A2G birds can take out a handful of targets quickly and efficiently. Not to mention a team would have to keep track of any threats they destroyed so the next flight doesn't come into the mission armed with SEAD when all threats are destroyed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

This is a question the organizer(s) will have to ponder. I would imagine that as interest in Red Flag continues to grow, there would be an attempt to include as much of the community as is practical. Whoever flies should make an attempt to participate with their side before the mission kicks off either via TS, email, private forum, PM, morse code or what have you to discuss tactics or strategy in order to get the most out of these exercises. That's one of the reasons there is so much time between sessions. It gives everyone adequate time to prepare. I know that Fudd has asked that pilots that are not members of squads who are interested to PM him. So, Fudd is the man to ultimately address this question.

Staggering flight times is exactly what I was suggesting. No single pilot would fly the entire 5 hours (unless you were one of the exceptions that was given the option of continuing due to a pilot/squad not showing or being undermanned). As an example, Redfor/Bluefor fighter group(s) 1 and 2 begin logging into server at 1630 zulu to test connections and get ready for 1700 mission start. Redfor/Blufor Strike flight 1 also logs in. For the sake of argument, let's say each flight has total of 4 planes per wing. All 6 groups begin at the pre-briefed start time to execute objectives. At this point there are a total of 24 pilots flying in the server at mission start.

At 1730 Redfor/Bluefor Strikers begin to login to test connections as previously suggested. Their start time is 1800z. At their login time there are 32 pilots in the server. Redfor/Blufor Fighter group 3 logs in at 1830 for a 1900z mission start time. At 1930z the pilots that started at 1700z would be landing and/or concluding their objectives, and would thus free up the server for the next group(s) of joining flights. This way, the server maintains a reasonable amount of people flying at any given time, as well as maintaining performance. Obviously, the size of the wings can also be increased depending on what the server can handle. So on, and so forth.

5 hours was suggested as a way to maximize the potential of the exersize if 60-70 pilots were being considered to participate. The real workload would be on the ATC's or whomever had the responsibility of monitoring what was going on, not the pilots. They'd only being be flying their 2-1/2 hours and pushing on. They could return to TS later for debrief if they don't want to hang around. The ATCs can also be relieved if necessary. As we all become more familiar with the process and logistics, this responsibility can shift to the squad that actually contributes the mission for any given exersize. If 5 hours still seems too long, we can still achieve the goal of maximizing participation through utilizing a similar method.

Again, merely food for thought . . .

Let see what we can do with performance this time around using a different machine. I am planning on using my machine as the server its powered by a C2D and next week I'm slapping 4 GB RAM up in her.

The problem I have with anything over 3 hours is first, server performance, it would require a reboot and rerun of the mission. Second it turns into me dedicating 8+ hours in one day (set-up, brief/debrief etc).

If we get more than 60 people interested in this, then squad leaders will either have to alternate people so that those who didnt fly last time get to fly this time OR I might be willing to entertain the idea of sorties. If you have one pilot fly one sortie and then you want to have a different pilot that wants to fly the same aircraft for a second sortie. (I reserve the right to change my mind :) )

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

We are not using the mod for this next mission. The other thread is designed to get a feel for whether people would be willing to use this mod in the future.

S!

someone should do some extensive research on the real red flag. not sure if you guys already have but seen all the different suggestions im thinking we need more details on the real deal

Betcha there's a good descriptive website out there somewhere... could yield some good ideas...

or even a documentary out there. They seem to make those on everything nowadays, I'm surprised I havn't got one yet.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Umm sorry for the OT post but where can i get this Mod or the LOMAC League Mod you people are talking about?

sorry i'm sort of bleh because i had a long haitus/halt from Lock On..

The most stupid member in the forum

TEAMS FOR RED FLAG 07-2

BlueFor:

Savage 77th: 3 A-10, 2 F-15 and 4 Su-27

JaBoG32: 1 A-10 and 3 Mig-29S

33rd: 2 Su-25t, 2 A-10, 2 F-15, 2 Su-27

9th AF: 4 A-10

=4c=: 2 Su-27, 3 Mig-29S

RedFor:

504th: 3 Su-25T, 3 Su-27 and 2 Mig-29S

=RvE=: 2 Su-25A (vanilla) and 3 Su-27

3sqn: 2 Su-25A (vanilla), 2 Su-25T, 3 F-15 and 2 Mig-29S

159th: 2 Su-25T and 3 Su-33

Non Squads:

1 Mig-29S (Allochtoon)

1 Su-27 (Aeroscout) **pending checkflight**

1 Su-25T (brokentoy) **pending checkflight**

EDIT:

note change in numbers on 504th

Originally that was the plan. I had to cut some people because I was over the 60 person limit.

If for some reason people drop out, I will let you know.