LOCERF Mission Planning and Dates

Im a bit concerned that this is in danger of turning into a bit of a HL fest , I totally understand the idea of introducing lone wolf pilots but in reality its hard enough co-operating between squads nevermind translating brevity or babysitting pilots unaccustomed to such situations, it has the potential to get very messy.

Ive got absoloutely nothing against pilots out of squadrons and am not taking an elitist approach(or making any demands:smilewink: ) just pointing out that a lot of squads pride themselves with total organisation and control, and to be selected for organised events requires experience and a lot of hard work and practice in a teamsupport role.

If people want to participate then maybe they should get themselves distingushed within a squad all it takes is dedication

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to you briefly yesterday on TS regarding this issue.

1) All non-squad pilots will have a checkflight. This checkflight will test their abilities to ensure that they have the skill sets needed to participate in the mission effectively.

2) Oh ye of little faith! Do you really think I will let this turn into "air quake?"

3) The non-squad members will be encouraged to pair up with those in squads. Their effectiveness in doing so will depend on the leadership abilities of the squad. The whole point of this exercise is to work within the community.... and you never know, that pilot you just worked with in Red Flag maybe knocking on your door tomorrow as a new recruit.... its up to you!

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

IMHO giving 4 non-squad participants (one confirmed - 3 not) places in the mission out of a total of 60 is eminently reasonable and at that ratio will pose no danger whatsoever of turning into a HL fest ;) - which is quite possibly the reason why the said non-squad pilots applied to participate in the first instance - to escape the H/L Air-Quake Syndrome.

Seriousness aside - at the end of the day it's all about Fostering Fun, Friendship and Cameraderie. We have to be prepared to give the newcomers a chance too - just my humble opinion:)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Having them spread evenly is a must I agree X-man. Tag them along with a sqn and hope for the best.

Fudd is doing checkrides with them all so they should all be capable pilots able to cope with the things needed to take part in the mission.

I agree comms and SOP's will be new to some of them, but if both sides are in the same position then it's fair to both. To exclude them just for not being in a sqn is wrong and unfair IMHO.

Flashing through the sky on a hampster driven, monkey navigated four-poster-bed.

Well, wrong or unfair is not for us to judge. If those pilots, want to be part of organized flights/trainings then they should join a squad, period. They are all perfectly aware of the existence of squads and the action that comes along with it, they, in my opinion do not deserve any special treatment.

It is actually more of an issue for the squads that are participating because instead of sorting out their own coordination and flights (which is a dauting task!), they would now have to "babysit" pilots that they know nothing about.

Now dont get me wrong, getting exposure for this kind of thing is a brilliant idea, but those who are planning to fly are no new members of the community, they are all aware of the different factors involved, thus should know what is required of them. So, personally if I am required to do my mission with my wingmen, i will not deviate and do other tasks, but will do to the best of my abilility only to make sure my flight does the job, and only then, mabe worry about any "lone wolfs" who will be flying around....

So, my tip to all those "lone wolfs" who will be flying. Try it out, have fun, but dont expect to be fully integrated as it is simply not possible in such a short time. The real solution u have to be able to fly these kind of missions is to join a squad, thats it.

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

I don't see the problem with one or two 'lone wolfs'... If I was a lone wolf I'd try my very best to hang on to a squad during RF. I think that on your own you wouldn't last long against a trained squadron. :D

159th_invictalockonru.jpg

Well, wrong or unfair is not for us to judge...

But it is for me to judge....

Work together with them like you would with other squadrons.

If for some reason in the future the integration of "lonewolf" pilots in to the mission is not working, and it is because of reasons other than a specific squadrons disintrest in working with them, I will decide to leave them out. As things stand right now you will have to deal with it.

Gentlemen please, put your handbags away.

This is a community exercise, which means it is for the whole community.

I sat in on one of the checkrides Fudd is doing with any lone wolfs to make sure they can cope with RF missions. Sadly this particular chap did quite make the grade, but has been given a good debrief from Fudd with things to work so he can re-apply for RF3.

My point being that Fudd is not just letting anyone participate, they do need to have enough knowledge, skill and experience to take part.

Please try and bear that in mind while you flame each other and (indirectly) Fudd. He's doing this off his own back, willingly, in his spare time. And as we have said already, the first few RF missions will not be perfect, they are a learning experience for Fudd as well as us.

Flashing through the sky on a hampster driven, monkey navigated four-poster-bed.

Gentlemen please, put your handbags away.

This is a community exercise, which means it is for the whole community.

I sat in on one of the checkrides Fudd is doing with any lone wolfs to make sure they can cope with RF missions. Sadly this particular chap did quite make the grade, but has been given a good debrief from Fudd with things to work so he can re-apply for RF3.

My point being that Fudd is not just letting anyone participate, they do need to have enough knowledge, skill and experience to take part.

Please try and bear that in mind while you flame each other and (indirectly) Fudd. He's doing this off his own back, willingly, in his spare time. And as we have said already, the first few RF missions will not be perfect, they are a learning experience for Fudd as well as us.

This is good, because as you probably also know it could seriously dampen the enjoyment of the event trying to integrate a lonewolf not quite upto the task.

I feel for the chap and hope he can get some valuable experience to maybe fly RF3.

Much Kudos to Fudd who must hate the fuss being made over his project , i'll try and keep my opinions limited to one post only in future to stop tensions building.;)

TC , hopefully cya in the skies......first.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Indeed so Frostie, trying to integrate a lonewolf into your sqd for one flight is not easy to do and I agree that 'babysitting' them is not easy either when you have enough on your plate already. I fboth saide have equal numbers of LW's then there is no excessive disadvantage to either side.

However, to exclude them just because of that is unfair, I feel, to them as it's not their fault. Some people may prefer not to fly in a sqn but want to take part in RF. Why should we deny them just because they're not in a sqn?

Anyway, I digress.

What I'm getting at here is this:

Constructive criticism = Yes please.

Suggestions = Yes please.

Random Ideas = Yes please.

Offers of help = Yes please.

Flaming wars = No thank you.

B1tch fights = No thank you.

Slagging off the people doing the hard work for your enjoyment = No thank you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and rightly so. But perhaps show it in a more mature way so as to help further the community spirit that is growing as a result of RF.

(This is aimed at everyone btw).

opinion

To voice an opinion here and elsewhere has really been an excuse to some people to invalidate, cause strife, and spoil all the excitement we all had for the anticipation of Red Flag 1. Fudd took it on his own to plan, organize, and get the ball rolling. In my book, an opinion are collected thoughts about a certain subject with thorough research to have a reasonable presentation. All problems will only be brought up with a reasonable solution along or following. To make statements at the level of personal attacks against a person, squad, and leadership is unacceptable.

Fudd is doing a great job, ask yourself this, " How have I helped to ease the burden of Fudd?", or How can I help period?" And then ask Fudd," I might or might not beable to participate, but can I somehow help you anyway?" Maybe some of the veteran pilots of the different Squads could help with the ck rides of some other time consuming task. This is only my opinion. Now, see, I didn't attack anyone, saw a problem yet suggested some solutions.

• Like 3

3Sqn_SARGE

...an opinion [is a collection of] thoughts about a certain subject with thorough research to have a reasonable presentation. All problems will only be brought up with a reasonable solution along or following. To make statements at the level of personal attacks against a person, squad, and leadership is unacceptable.

:thumbup:

You're the man Sarge!

S!

What he really needs is everyone to post well though out, non-confrontational posts like yours. IMO.

Sooooooooooo TRUE!

Any news on mission tasks?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5