LOCERF Mission Planning and Dates

Do we really have to argue about Ventrilo, or can RedFor suck it up and try it out for mission 2?

I really think that running a poll for every goddamn thing is counter productive.

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always under the impression that TS or Vent were quite equal in terms of response time. Perhaps a simple test of putting both apps on the same server and pushing a "push-to-talk" button and see which app transmits the message first.

The only negative of the Ventrillo key-binding abilities is that you cannot make combo binds. Like Shift + 1 goes to channel 1 or something of that nature. You have to do this with a single key in vent.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Like I said Rugg, I don't want to argue with you, Cali or anyone else. This is simply a discussion! The thread is about mission planning and dates. I don't believe I've said anything here that is untrue. There has been no crying or whining. When the proposal to have the community consider the LOCERF mod was presented, it was only that - a proposal. True, it was received harshly, but as I've always said, I would be fine with whatever the outcome no matter what (Yes, we've seen the poll and have taken note of the results). The debate only became more spirited on my behalf when I thought it was wrongly interpreted. Not only in what it was, but what the intentions were that motivated Goya to create it. I've also taken note of your arguments against it and respect much of it. Some, I took exception to. Ventrillo, not a problem. As it stands, I'm not on the side that even needs to worry about it.

I like you guys in 3Sqn. You present a challange and are a motivating force in the Lock On community. The last thing I want to do is create an atmosphere where we can't get along, and where harsh feelings take priority over us enjoying this game. I'd rather spend more time fighting you guys in the air, than having spirited debates on the forums. When the time comes that we are mixing it up on the same side, I would hope that we could coordinate as a team to achieve a common goal - Kicking Butt.

As I believe Fudd solicited us to submit suggestions, this debate continues. Not about the LOCERF mod, but about how we feel about what potentially can enchance our experience. There will come a time when you guys will present an idea and we will hopefully consider it and discuss it with an open mind. There is no end to the discussion of mission improvement or mod inclusion/exclusion. Fudd will continue to decide what comes next based on our offerings.

Moving on, yeah, I'll do that, but not because you say so, but because that horse has been run into the ground. Hopefully, I have not offended anyone. If I have, I apologize and would like to also say "Buck up, young man. It's only a discussion". Sometimes we'll agree, sometimes we won't.

• ED Team
Our vent server is not ran from someone home computer, it's ran from a company and it's like a dedi server in hyperlobby. I posted the link to our vent server hop on and try it out.

Hmm, it has nothing to do with bandwith ;)

Our Vent / TS2 is hosted in a datacenter with more than 10 Gbit of connectivity.

Hmm, it has nothing to do with bandwith ;)

Personally i have no problem with using Vent on Lockon because here the second dont matter.

I don't understand, why did Fudd choose Ventrilo when the majority use TS2?

Its a simple question that hasn't been answered , if there are issues regarding using TS2 during the last RF then why weren't they brought up instead of orders being broadcast to follow like we are a bunch of sheep who need to be told and not consulted.

Why change what was already working?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I don't understand, why did Fudd choose Ventrilo when the majority use TS2?

Its a simple question that hasn't been answered , if there are issues regarding using TS2 during the last RF then why weren't they brought up instead of orders being broadcast to follow like we are a bunch of sheep who need to be told and not consulted.

Why change what was already working?

It has been answered, Frostie. To accomodate a hearing impaired pilot.

I assume if everyone used TS last RF changing and trying to enforce this change is short-sightedness on Fudd's part.

We have used TS since day one of the 504 and all the guys have their setup perfect so at short notice to change to a new technology and learn it is something they dont fancy doing, using the proven and familiar application would be the sensible choice.

Because of course Red Flag is all about the 504th. How incredibly selfish.

Mr. Wolf, you tell Drak he can't fly because of his disability.

Don't be using others disability to criticise others that is bad form dude.

Nobody knew about the reasons for the switch because nobody brought this up previous. I don't care for which comms we use, just asking questions, so whats wrong with questioning something?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Because of course Red Flag is all about the 504th. How incredibly selfish.

Mr. Wolf, you tell Drak he can't fly because of his disability.

Yes because thats what i was thinking when i wrote that "damn that deaf dood he shouldnt be allowed to fly" ignore the fact that ive sorted the comms issue out go straight for my redunant post.

Maybe next RED FLAG everyone should just use their own comms?

RED FLAG is for all of us to do training, mission planning and excuting it. We all have to make some sort of adjustment for it.

Lets get back on track with RED FLAG

Yes this is what its all about and i know that and have spent the night sorting it. Lets now work together and have fun, ive had PM's with Fudd and i hope all is sorted.

Further in my defence in an attempt to stop further posts from Rugg about this my replies on this comms mater were not so much about the reason but the way the choice was enforced and worded.

Fudd has admitted via PM that he couldve worded it better and i have amitted i couldve worded things better, text can be a retarded medium if used wrongly.

Lets get over all this and enjoy RF god knows i know how hard it is to organise these things without all this banter.

It's a bit disheartening when the majority of the whinging is coming from your crew. Then again it may be me being sensitive. I'm used to flying with a group that's more open minded and mature.

Why are you always on some scene causing mission , nobody is being offensive but you are ALWAYS jumping on the defensive.

Don't you understand that ventrilo is totally alien to some people and want to know if there is another way round using it. Its called discussion were several parties discuss something and reasons appear as to why one method should be used over another. Which this has now been resolved.

WHY THE HOSTILITY?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fudd has admitted via PM that he couldve worded it better and i have amitted i couldve worded things better, text can be a retarded medium if used wrongly.

Lets get over all this and enjoy RF god knows i know how hard it is to organise these things without all this banter.

I agree. Text can be like a bad dub over in a foreign movie, much of the point can be lost easily if it is simply read wrong. I look forward to getting this sillyness past us all and executing our mission.

Based on what has happened and in doing some reflecting on the whole situation, I have decided to change how Red Flag is run.

Originally I planned on having a team of three moderators and we would work together in the logistics that are required to make Red Flag run.

The new plan is now to have a moderator from each squadron. I will step down from my dictator type role and will function as part of the moderating team. As moderators we will vote on issues that pertain to Red Flag. This way we can ensure that everyones ideas are included and I am not simply handing down rules to the community.

Two moderators will run each mission and will be responsible for creating and testing the mission. For LOCERF 07-2 It will be 3Sqn Fudd and I.

This system will allow the other moderating staff to fly the missions. We will adopt the current rules and regs and if a moderator wants to change things he will bring it before the team for a vote.

I feel that this is the best way to continue to make Red Flag work. I will have more info later on

S!

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Next time think before you insult everyone who uses a different program than you do. If you need help setting up Ventrilo I'm sure someone will help you out. The rest of the squads flying Red Flag are good like that.

O-K now im insulting people by asking questions, you seem to me to suffer from some control freak attitude, bud.

Step outside take a deep breath and chill out, remember it was you who marked yourself and set the tone by coming on our server a few months ago name calling some good people like an ill tempered child.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

As moderators we will vote on issues that pertain to Red Flag. This way we can ensure that everyones ideas are included . . .

This is a good idea and will hopefully give each squad a greater stake in Red Flag's success. It's obvious that many of us have become passionate about what Fudd has been able to do to inject increased interest in Lock On. Moderator voting will allow senior members to speak on behalf of their squads and voice concerns. Decisions can be made more quickly and for whatever reason, if there is a stalemate on an issue, Fudd's vote can decide. I think Fudd deserves more credit for the simple fact that this is his brainstorm. As far as being a "dictator", nahhh. Don't think so. Someone's always going to be put in the position of having to make a tough decision. It's just a little tougher if you carry all that weight alone. Good call.

*read in a joking manner*

Another big plus of ventrillo is that its pretty much got a song. Teamspeak doesn't.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On serious note. I like the representatives from the squads idea with Fudd still holding a large decision making title because hell, he has earned it.