Razor Thin Display

bildesy9.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/27/AR2007052700760.html

Although this display is years away from general release, I can still imagine a million and one uses for it for flightsimers. Anything from Home cockpits to rap around canopy type screens. :) how cool would that be.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Science fiction meets real life. Just months ago I seen this on "Andromeda" series and "Minority report".

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I saw something along these lines about a year ago on the Discovery channel...

The idea is somewhat similar to this one.. The plan is to add panels like this to a living newspaper...

The idea seems practical enough, and like any other technology, after being

designed and the production bottlenecks are worked out the prices will drop dramatically...

For example the digital watch or the pocket calculator.. Both were very expensive when first released to the public, but then after years of development became almost valueless monetarily... And are very common placed today..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Wow. The pace of technology!

Mate of mine just got a new mobile phone.

The thing is not only a phone, but allows real-time video calling, has a five megapixel camera, and has GPS.

For god's sake . . . . that kind of technology has been science fiction in MY lifetime!

Yeah... bring it on! :D

I recon NERDS are the best people in the world... giving us and the remaing mortals things like this... awsome things... I too can think if few things for home cockpits using these :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...

Now they should release zero-point energy and everything will be fine. Or are they thinking they can earn big bucks with H2 sale? Or maybe continue with the fusion for hydrogen gig, but that isn't really profitable. Oh well, I'm sure in the next 40 years we'll see some kind of finite and profitable energy carrier, be it some battery type you can charge with your trusty oil company-branded chargers or some other gizmo that won't produce CO2, but will case your balls to crumble over time.

I guess they're afraid we'll build laser based U-238 purifiers in our basements :/. So let's hope we'll blow eachother to kingdom come before zero point energy will be revealed :/

Same applies to quantum computers, photon based computers and everything else that may pose a risk to 'national security', or increase privacy. Jeesh, can you imagine living without everyone knowing what you did 5 minutes ago :/

No, I'm not drunk/whatever, just stating that governments use every excuse possible to justify various intrusions into our lives, and this thin display will surely be used to 'inform' us, good citizens on how to behave and think.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Same applies to quantum computers, photon based computers and everything else that may pose a risk to 'national security', or increase privacy. Jeesh, can you imagine living without everyone knowing what you did 5 minutes ago :/

No, I'm not drunk/whatever, just stating that governments use every excuse possible to justify various intrusions into our lives, and this thin display will surely be used to 'inform' us, good citizens on how to behave and think.

I don't see the big deal with governments knowing what we get up to - it's not as if I do anything far worse then anyone else I know, yeah things I'm not proud of but I doubt any politician is going to release some new tv show entitled 'public life: the outtakes' or whatever where they release videos of general people getting up to mischief they don't want others to see.