Black screen after joining server

tmansteve

Not sure where this post should be but here goes. Loaded 2.5OB and every time I tried to join a server, I got to the briefing page waiting to select plane and then got a black screen.

Tried a few times with no success. It was working OK a couple of days ago.

Then loaded Stable version and got connected. Any reason why this is happening? There was only a couple on and my ping was good.

Cheers

Hey Zulu40, seems we are not alone in this. Lots of problems with multiplayer. I connected to a server yesterday and had no problems. This had been loaded on request though. Still a wait for the briefing page but once in, not too bad.

They must be working on this as they couldnt leave it as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem as you guys. It's weird because I don't have this problem with Caucasus and I have it with Persian Gulf. Have to preload the map (by the Instant Action menu), then I can play. Sometimes.

Tried both version (beta and stable), repair, with or without joystick, with or without TrackIR, with or without my wife, naked or not... Nothing ! So... Popcorn!

Same problem as you guys. It's weird because I don't have this problem with Caucasus and I have it with Persian Gulf. Have to preload the map (by the Instant Action menu), then I can play. Sometimes.

Tried both version (beta and stable), repair, with or without joystick, with or without TrackIR, with or without my wife, naked or not... Nothing ! So... Popcorn!

Same. I have to preload the map via instant action and then join an MP server running that same map. Still takes longer to load than it used but it usually doesn't crash or CTD when I do this. Check out the other thread in here with 300+ replies about a similar issue...

Rig: i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133 | 1070 8GB | 27" QHD GSYNC | 2x SSDs | W10

Setup: DCS 2.5 OB | M2000C | F/A-18C | F-86 | F-5E T.16000M HOTAS

• 2 months later...

Has a solution been found? I am running the latest stable version and I cannot join any MP server - black screen is all I get.

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'