Can't drop GBU-31/38's

dononelson

In the latest version of DCS 2.5.3, I find that I am unable to drop any JDAM weapons. I think I've traced it to a problem with the weapon status - I notice as I approach my target (I have set it as SPI) that the GBU's are in ALN GRDY state, which the manual says is aligned but aircraft is on the ground. At 12k MSL, I'm certainly not on the ground!

I don't see any way of changing this on the DSMS or Inventory pages - am I missing something else?

Thanks all,

Don

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

What's your SOI?

I've found that both flavors work best when you make mark points, then turn them into mission points and make your SPI the resulting Steer Points. I can get four off in one pass this way on four discreet targets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Well, I haven't played with mark points, but I did see a video of that technique (was that yours?) Anyway, the problem was definitely with the JDAMS going to sleep - a little maneuvering solved it. Thanks much for that.

Does the flight manual cover mark points in detail? That's my next skill to accomplish.

Thanks again

AS EMMY said, try a basic maneuver; I just roll the plane 360 or a quick bank left-bank right back on course. Anytime you're flying straight and level for a period of time while on approach this can happen....not just this version but for several years/versions.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Well, I haven't played with mark points, but I did see a video of that technique (was that yours?) Anyway, the problem was definitely with the JDAMS going to sleep - a little maneuvering solved it. Thanks much for that.

Does the flight manual cover mark points in detail? That's my next skill to accomplish.

Thanks again

Have you seen Bunyap's "On The Range" series on YouTube? He covers just about any and every trick in the book for the A-10 (early videos are A-10A but then he transitions to the C model)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Regarding Mark Points and Flightplans for knocking off multiple targets in 1 pass. See YT link below from 'ExcessiveHeadspace'

This is now my favorite method of 'plinking' on a single pass. Great for wasting SAMs at higher altitudes. I orbit a target area creating Markpoints, then prioritize and create a new Flightplan. Much more fun as opposed to messing with GBU-12s, especially if you have a Warhog HOTAS.

Equally effective when you want to attack multiple groups of tank and/or artillery with CBU-105's on single pass :)

Enjoy.

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Have you seen Bunyap's "On The Range" series on YouTube? He covers just about any and every trick in the book for the A-10 (early videos are A-10A but then he transitions to the C model)

Thanks for that, Emmy!

Don

AS EMMY said, try a basic maneuver; I just roll the plane 360 or a quick bank left-bank right back on course. Anytime you're flying straight and level for a period of time while on approach this can happen....not just this version but for several years/versions.

Got it - thanks Avg. Yep, found that to be true - just a few degrees left & right and they woke right up :)