AMCPD Information Visibility

Razor5-1

Hi there,

is there any means to change how the brightness or something can be done to this display for the information on the screen. I literally cant't read any of it unless I am zoomed in completely.

Yes there is a brightness knob that was recently implemented.

Was hoping to change the text vs background brightness. Currently the text is barely readable, there is not 3nough contrast for the text labels.

+1

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Maybe it's a good idea to use a system where some options are optionally optimized for readability on pc screens or otherwise realistically unreadable.

The a10c uses a black bar behind the labels on the moving map. Not sure if that's realistic or game-optimized.

I read elsewhere that even IRL Hornet drivers find the real AMPCD moving map to interfere with reading the data and prefer to turn the map function off.

its a wonder why Northrup Grumman ( IRRC think the were the subcontractor to develop & make the AMPCD) didn't ever think to do what USAf had going did in the A10C displaying text that is in the outer areas of the moving map via black backdrop

Even if Initial technical oversight, this could have been adjusted via Software update, after listening to any Pilots opinions.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Was hoping to change the text vs background brightness. Currently the text is barely readable, there is not 3nough contrast for the text labels.

+1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Yes please, my old eyes hurt just trying to see it. It almost useless.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I always fly with map off but thats just me

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

There is a MOD that changes the font color of the AMCPD.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301897/

i never thought the text looked too blurry to read. just that the AMPCD green text was heard to read against the backdrop of a moving map.

That being said Hornets shouldnt be exepcted to have HD resolution for all displays given the Age of the two DDI displays ; they are old school monochrome green CRT displays.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i never thought the text looked too blurry to read. just that the AMPCD green text was heard to read against the backdrop of a moving map.

That being said Hornets shouldnt be exepcted to have HD resolution for all displays given the Age of the two DDI displays ; they are old school monochrome green CRT displays.

That MOD is more of a workaround for this reported bug: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=210382

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I read elsewhere that even IRL Hornet drivers find the real AMPCD moving map to interfere with reading the data and prefer to turn the map function off.

I can only speak for RAAF operators but they always fly with the moving map ON. However, it is dimmed down using the contrast buttons based on personal preference. This allows the text to be legible (it is also white text by default)

Hopefully the AMPCD buttons are implemented soon..

+1

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I've noticed that the brightness affects the text and the map differently, so it's worth a try - but it may be a bug that'll get fixed at some time.

Most of the time, I just toggle the map. It's a double press on a single button, so it's easy to do.

I think what most of us here have the problem with is we have a feature in the A/C. The moving map. That we want. but it's virtually unusable.

There are many things that in a real aircraft can be seen because the screen is so close to our position in the cockpit. I would just like if it would be looked into. If something could be changed make it more visible. Like the how it is in A-10