Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

67?? I can get 67 too .... (if land twice) :smilewink:

well done!

:D Thank you! You'll get there as well eventually...

But I got a new personal best today. Hit that magic 70-mark! 70/75.

Edit: BTW, check that second to last pass... I got a 65 even though I boltered. So it's possible to screw up at the last moment even with a good approach! :D

686550593_Oklanding5cropped.jpg.f5ccebfbe8ea66dc134ee4ae5ab53626.jpg

Edited by Sharkku

Nice score! I got a 66 yesterday!

Still don’t understand why you get a bolter if you catch the wire though.......

I tweaked my axis curves as well and the jet is now much easier to control accurately when banking and making small adjustments.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Not wanting to turn this into a results table, but just had to post this:

e6517d29bceb560a5090527a4f80ed3c.jpg

And had one earlier that was shaping up to be a seventy or over for sure until I boltered , not sure why, I need to watch the track:

1fca6d5f215c9aeff55c602fb091c576.jpg

Edited by markturner1960

Doing way better than me. I know this is difficult both IRL and in DCS. I'll get proficient eventually.

This is an excellent mission, has a mix of everything, including aerial refueling.

Here's my two most recent sessions. Approach 4 in the first one scored as a bolter even though I aborted that one myself, and flew down the starboard side of the Stennis. In the second session, I never trapped and ran out of gas.

picture.php?albumid=1858&pictureid=11962

picture.php?albumid=1858&pictureid=11989

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Yes, Bankler has made a masterpiece, certainly has it all.....in fact at the moment, it is pretty much all I do in DCS, in one one mission, I can do ramp starts, carrier breaks, aerial refuel practice, free flight.. everything you need to practice the required basic skills.

BTW Diesel, you can refuel on the boat deck using the ground crew commands, if you need to

Amazing, thanks Bankler!

Edited by markturner1960

BTW Diesel, you can refuel on the boat deck using the ground crew commands, if you need to

Amazing, thanks Bankler!

Oh, I know. Gotta actually land on said boat first in order to get fuel :joystick:, which is my problem as seen above :(. I'll get there, just need more (a lot more) practice.

And yes, thank you Bankler!

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Awesome !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Not sure if I missed an answer to this in the thread, but the mission works great if I launch if from the mission editor. But as it supports MP I thought I'd load it up on the dedicated server yesterday so a friend and I could jump in and try together. Well it seems to work but there are some oddities. For example when running on the dedicated server and we both jump in a slot, the Tacan is not automatically activated, the RWR is on and the Hook is set to Field and Anti Skid to on. All of this stuff is setup right f I just launch it from the ME. Not a major issue but wonder if I'm missing something simple when running on the dedicated server. We're using the FA18 if that's of any relevance on OB 2.5.6.

It is fantastic though, and I still suck, although not as much as before I started using this. :)

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Mr Bankler sir, is there any chance that you will be providing an SC version of your mission?

I'd expect that it shouldn't be too difficult for end-users to do it themselves, but you might want to save them the job and keep the mission more standard.

The extra eye-candy, at least when the deck crew guide you to your parking spot, might add the the feeling of achievement, when you manage to get the plane down and the new more visible Ball tool will make life a little more easy for VR pilots.

All of this stuff is setup right f I just launch it from the ME. Not a major issue but wonder if I'm missing something simple when running on the dedicated server.

IIRC it's a limitation of DCS.

In SP a script can query which slot a player is in and then setup the switches, etc.

In MP all players are "clients" and asking which slot is occupied by a player comes back null, as the script can't find which slot a particular "client" is in, it can't setup the switches, etc.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Really like this mission. I've gone from being all over the sky, to at least starting to get around 50 points and hitting a wire (pretty much 1 and 4 exclusively) 50% of the time :p, in a few hours of play. Hopefully the improvements will keep coming.

Thank you!

Finally back it on the new version for 2.5.6. About the same on Tomcat, but getting much better on the Bug.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Hello Bankler, I have a feature request if you are interested.

I've used the mission enough that I no longer need or want the intermediate messages and I find them a little distracting, so I went into your script and added a radio option, called Silent Mode, that turns all player messages off from step 1 through 11 just leaving the beginning and end messages (steps 0 and 12). This way I only get the init and summary messages. It works really nice.

It was easy to implement and thought others might like this option as well.

Thanks again!