Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

On 2/7/2021 at 7:20 AM, PatrickJames said:

Firstly thank you for this fantastic video. Is there something I am doing wrong (besides everything) - but I can get 4/4 scores into the break but by downwind the approach says it is aborted. And says to try again yet I can't make it through downwind before everytime the approach is aborted.

Usually it gives you a reason for the abort. In my case, it usually happens when I am too far abeam of the ship. In those cases, I usually continue on to the smashing into the fantail perfect 3 wire landing just for the practice.  🙂  I will often stay in the downwind longer than the Rules allow to give me more time. I don't recall if that aborts the landing or just warns you to turn in sooner.

6 hours ago, Toastman said:

I would also love to have the spawn point for the inflight aircraft 10 miles + from the carrier ... to give us more time for plane setup and comms 🙂

thanks

You can use active pause to give yourself a little more time. The ship will keep moving so you would need to adjust somewhat for that but it should be minimal.

👍

• Like 1

I am popping in to say THANK YOU to @Bankler.  I've been using this trainer for 2 weeks now.  When I started, I was lucky to land the jet at all.  Like a typical DCS Nugget, I just didn't have the process down.  I was determined to learn this, however.  Thanks to your trainer, I am now consistently landing the jet and scoring in the 50's.  Your trainer s the sole reason for this progression. 

Today I cracked 60!  I am thrilled!  

image.png

A huge 🍻 to you, sir!

Edit:  LOL, I uploaded the wrong image.  Here's the 64.  

Edited by Mistermann
  • Like 6

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 1 month later...

VERSION 7.0.0

SPRING UPDATE!! 🥳

T-45C support available!

BanklersCase1RecoveryTrainer_T-45.png

You can now download version 7.0.0 in the Original Post!

With the new T-45C mod and the new weather stuff being released, I couldn't resist getting my hands dirty again. In addition to adding a version that supports the T-45C, I took the opportunity to polish a couple of other things as well. Notably, the overhead tanker now follows the carrier as it steams north, thanks to the Moose Recovery Tanker feature. So big thanks to FunkyFranky and the rest of the Moose team for that. 

Getting the cockpit auto config to work in the T-45C (Hook, Lights, HSI, ADI, TCN settings, CRS line and so on) was quite a challenge with lots of trial and error. But it seems to work pretty well now. Be advised that as new versions of the mod comes out, things *may* change or stop working, you cannot be 100% sure.

Also note that, unlike before, the hook is now automatically lowered if you start airborne (on both Goshawk and Tomcat). The reason it wasn't like this before was that I didn't want to lower it if you started on the deck. But since then I have found a way of taking into account which specific slot the player is in.

A lot of people have reached out to me, here and on Discord, and expressed their gratitude and told me how the mission have helped them and/or their squadrons. Every time this happens, it really puts a smile on my face and makes my day. The community is great, and I'm very happy to be part of it and at least contribute a little. 

Now show me those Goshawk 70+ results! 🐦

Cheers,

Bankler

CHANGE LOG

* Added T-45C Goshawk version of the miz.
* Increased player slots from 32 to 44 (12 additional VFA-192 Hornets or TW-1 Goshawks depending on miz version).
* Adjusted weather for new DCS 2.7 weather system.
* Cockpit auto config now automatically lowers the hook if you start airborne.
* Cockpit auto config now automatically turns off the exterior lights switch.
* Changed Sidewinders from AIM-9M to AIM-9X on all Hornets.
* Increased fuel on Hornets starting at Batumi from 37% to 50%.
* Changed sidenumbers on almost every aircraft to be a little more realistic.
* All Tomcats now have 32% fuel and carry the AIM-9M on the outermost rails.
* Fixed skins on aircraft that had lost them with the new syntax in which skins are saved in missions.
* Removed Hueys that could be used for legacy LSO stuff.
* Updated Moose version.
* AWACS and Tanker now respawn if the are shot down or run out of gas.
* Tanker now uses Moose Recovery Tanker system, making sure it's always over the carrier.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 14

Big thanks Bankler!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

17 hours ago, Toastman said:

Is the F14A included ?

If you're eager for it, here's instructions on how to modify it to include F-14A: 

1) Replace some of the current aircraft with A's in the ME. 

2) Close the ME.

3) Extract the TrapTraining.lua script from the .miz file (with 7zip or any other zip program) and change one line in there:

self.isTomcat = self.typeName == "F-14B";

should instead be:

self.isTomcat = self.typeName == "F-14B" or self.typeName == "F-14A";

4) Replace the old TrapTraining.lua in the miz with your modified one.

This should let you replace all the B's with A's, or even have a mix of them. Theoretically, it should even allow you to replace some Hornets with F-14As if you prefer to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Great, thanks!

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Great trainer, really useful to identify where Im screwing up!  Thanks Bankler!
Downloaded this earlier this week with 50-60 score and yesterday I managed two 70's back to back.

20210506_214841.jpg?width=300&height=30020210506_213459.jpg?width=300&height=300

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

Grats @Willbassen!

Completely agree this is an awesome training mission.  I try and use it every day.  👍

• Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Awesome update! Just downloaded the T-45 version. Still, no F-14A? Any particular reason for that?

• Like 2

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to pop in and say Kudos and Thank you!! This is an awesome trainer. I thought I was a decent DCS virtual pilot and already had numerous successful traps under my belt in the F-18, but this trainer has been humbling. Still took me >20 traps to score above 70 (74!!) and even now difficult to repeat that. Totally addicted to flying traps now :). My main problem now seems to be that I bolter every. single. time. I restart training after a break. Not sure if ground effect is modeled on the carrier, but my hornet seems to like to float above the deck and I get an Eased Gun deduction a lot. I guess I need to learn to work the throttles in the lower power settings better. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have a problem. Still on 2.56 but thought I'd download the latest version like I have been doing. It loads the mission to about 3/4 and then pops up a window about it being newer than the editor version, proceed at your own risk. Hit the OK button and it completely locks up DCS and I have to go to the Task Manager to shut down DCS. I wasn't sure this was a problem specific to this mission so posted in the general FA-18 section. The thinking there is I can't run a mission created in 2.7 using 2.56. One poster said try opening it in the Mission Editor in 2.56 and then saving it. Same thing exactly. Same popup and need Task Manager.  Unfortunately, I deleted my previous version before finding this problem. If the above seems like a good explanation to you, could you provide the older version that will work in 2.56 please? I am not sure how long it will be before 2.7 becomes the stable version. I'd prefer the supercarrier version but I always do an air start so that isn't real important to me. Thank you.