Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

On 7/7/2022 at 5:03 AM, Uxi said:

Yup, I regularly practice in the Tomcat.  I do wish the airborne spawns were a bit farther out maybe about 20nm or so.  I'm rushing on that very first pass.  By the time I was getting everything set, practically entering the break. Having TCN set should help a little though.  Trying to get used to new headset so not the best passes by any means. 

Tomcat_Trap_20220704134013_1.jpg

You can just press "active pause" until you are ready.. (but to be honest, it is available in the Hornet, not sure if the Tomcat has it...)

Hi Bankler,

I'm using version 7.1.0 and can't get the pattern mode to work. I start with the first slot (in flight), use break mode and land. Then I change to pattern mode and takeoff. When I get to the 90° I get a message that I am in pattern mode and have to fly 0.5 miles past the boat before breaking.. I ignore that and land, but don't get any scoring.

Let me know if you need a video or trak file.

Thanks for your great mission, I use it a lot!

Fresh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't get it too work for me, I'm clicking the link in the original post, it downloads the .miz file, I move it too my DCS saved game mission folder, but when I start my DCS and go to the mission tab it's not there PLEASE HELP...

P.S I've attached pics of the sequence that I'm doing. Also I'm using DCS open beta don't know if that makes a difference. 

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My first 75/75 😃

Edit: added : https://youtu.be/0Y0GY2Eki20

image.png

Edited by Willdass
  • Like 6

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

Great mission. Just one observation. I know the official ED grading isn't necessarily accurate when flying the F-14, but when using down DLC at the last moment to catch the 3-wire the mission grading gives me a -10 "Settled" penalty, even though I go to full-mil at about touchdown and the ED grading doesn't give me an EGTL or EGIW knock. Is this intended behaviour?

On 11/13/2022 at 10:13 PM, Agiel7 said:

Great mission. Just one observation. I know the official ED grading isn't necessarily accurate when flying the F-14, but when using down DLC at the last moment to catch the 3-wire the mission grading gives me a -10 "Settled" penalty, even though I go to full-mil at about touchdown and the ED grading doesn't give me an EGTL or EGIW knock. Is this intended behaviour?

Yes. I don't have any way of reading the throttle setting. It's just based on vertical velocity when crossing the ramp. If the VV is dramatic, it will assume that you have pulled the throttle back and give you "Settled -10". I know that the same thing will happen if you force a Tomcat down with DLC. I don't know anything about it really, but if I would guess, I'd say that using DLC to push the aircraft downwards the last few seconds is just as bad practice as cutting the throttle? So I've felt comfy with deducting 10 points for this, even though maybe "Settled" isn't the correct term in that case.

8 hours ago, TimRobertsen said:

Hey @Bankler

Is there any particular reason to why the EI-clock is reset at 5 sec in, so that it's 5 sec behind the in-world-clock?

No, I had absolutely no idea that was happening.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Charmin2105 said:

Great mission, really helps me to practice. Would it be possible to do it also for the marinas Map?

It's already a "thing"

• Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 7/30/2022 at 8:51 PM, Fresh said:

Hi Bankler,

I'm using version 7.1.0 and can't get the pattern mode to work. I start with the first slot (in flight), use break mode and land. Then I change to pattern mode and takeoff. When I get to the 90° I get a message that I am in pattern mode and have to fly 0.5 miles past the boat before breaking.. I ignore that and land, but don't get any scoring.

Let me know if you need a video or trak file.

Thanks for your great mission, I use it a lot!

Fresh

This is happening to me me with a fresh download of latest ver 7.1.0 from page one of this thread for supercarrier using F-18 from both air start and off the deck cold and hot off the cat.

Was fine seems its now not any ideas, oh this is MP and SP, no changes other than those in the F10 menu while on deck to go to pattern mode - it thinks im still in break mode - the welcome off the deck in pattern mode says "initial" pretty sure it said something different when it worked, no popups at the downwind turn in, then at the 90 ish it pops with "fly 0.5 beyond the boat to enter break mode" or words to that effect - I also note the downwind boat (if it is supposed to be that) is like 2Nm abeam and someway aft.

Is something not triggering, pretty sure it was all ok recently but not now...

Hmmm... Thx  Do i need to turn shadows on???

17 hours ago, Robot1 said:

Perhaps I'm missing something, everything sets up automatically in my own jet in MP, but not in my wingman's. Do they have to do something to have it set up for them too?

It will only setup for the mission host, unfortunately.  I think this is a DCS limitation.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 11:05 AM, GremlinIV said:

This is happening to me me with a fresh download of latest ver 7.1.0 from page one of this thread for supercarrier using F-18 from both air start and off the deck cold and hot off the cat.

Was fine seems its now not any ideas, oh this is MP and SP, no changes other than those in the F10 menu while on deck to go to pattern mode - it thinks im still in break mode - the welcome off the deck in pattern mode says "initial" pretty sure it said something different when it worked, no popups at the downwind turn in, then at the 90 ish it pops with "fly 0.5 beyond the boat to enter break mode" or words to that effect - I also note the downwind boat (if it is supposed to be that) is like 2Nm abeam and someway aft.

Is something not triggering, pretty sure it was all ok recently but not now...

Hmmm... Thx  Do i need to turn shadows on???

So im the ONLY person experiencing pattern mode from the deck not working, Hmmmm? wow, thought someone might have offered turn your computer on and off to fix.....

Incidentally, the Marianas T45 Version works fine, other than statics cluttering the deck, but im sure they will move if i wait a while....

also tried the Legacy version and that oddly puts me on a supercarrier, but Pattern Mode doesnt seem to work here also as per the actual SC downloaded Version

For me in anycase..

Edited by GremlinIV

• 1 month later...

You're not alone GremlinIV,

it is still happening for me. I think the "Legarcy" version is now a SC version, because, if I understand correctly, all CVN-71 to CVN-75 are now SC. (Will try to find the link confirming this...)

Let us know if you find a fix!

Fresh

Here's the link where Wags says 71-73 in Early Access, 74-75 after early access..

Edited by Fresh

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 7:58 AM, Bankler said:

* The score summary (with a date and time) is now also optionally written to a file Logs/BanklersCase1RecoveryTrainer.log (requires desanitizing of os, ios and lfs lua modules in MissionScripting.lua).

How do we accomplish this to gain access to the logs?  Where do we find this "MissionScripting.lua" and perform "desanitizing"?

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:46 PM, hrnet940 said:

How do we accomplish this to gain access to the logs?  Where do we find this "MissionScripting.lua" and perform "desanitizing"?

This is a copy-paste reply from a Reddit post on the subject, which I believe is accurate.

-----------------

Inside your DCS installation folder, there is a file: DCS World\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua

Open this file, and at the bottom you will see several lines:

sanitizeModule('os')
sanitizeModule('io')
sanitizeModule('lfs')
require = nil
loadlib = nil

Simply put a comment (which is -- in lua) in front of the modules you wish to 'unsantize'. For example, if you wanted to give the lua environment access to the io and lfs modules:

--sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')
--sanitizeModule('lfs')
require = nil
loadlib = nil

note that you will need to restart DCS for the changes to take effect. And each time that DCS is updated you will need to re-comment out those lines, as the file will go back to the default after each update.

Edited by Bankler
  • Like 3

Hello Bankler I would very much like this same trainer on Mariana's map.   Thank you

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Hi,

I am using the trainer with great joy but I happen to have a problem when I land and want to launch again.

I can not get the crew to guide me on the catapult. I ask the ground crew for launch in the COMM menu and they settle in place but they do not react when I taxy towards them.

Any advice about what may cause this ?

I modified the mission a bit by adding static objects on the deck and being careful not to block the animated ground crew path. Seems fine to me.

Best regards,

Pierre

8 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Hi,

I am using the trainer with great joy but I happen to have a problem when I land and want to launch again.

I can not get the crew to guide me on the catapult. I ask the ground crew for launch in the COMM menu and they settle in place but they do not react when I taxy towards them.

Any advice about what may cause this ?

I modified the mission a bit by adding static objects on the deck and being careful not to block the animated ground crew path. Seems fine to me.

Best regards,

Pierre

Hi Pochi. This is not really related to the mission. I suggest you contribute with findings in the bug thread in the Supercarrier section in the forum. I'm 99% it's already reported, but if you have a way of consistently reproducing the bug, I'm sure ED would appreciate the input.

On 3/1/2023 at 12:30 AM, VIKBELL said:

Hello Bankler I would very much like this same trainer on Mariana's map.   Thank you

Hi Vikbell. I'm not planning to to a Marianas version. To be perfectly honest I don't really see the purpose. But I think there was someone in this thread who made a version in which he moved it over to that map, so you can search for it and see where that went.