Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

Bankler, this is brilliant; I never tried a carrier landing before tonight and landed 3 of 4 times (sloppy but on the deck). Between this exercise and Jabbers’ Case I recovery video I've got a much clearer understanding of the process.

Only suggestion for us noobs;

**give us a another 3-5 miles to get our TACAN and other shit together...display these details earlier and longer.

**set the DDIs up for landing; I can't imagine any reason to prepare for a landing with the radar and store mgmt page being displayed

Thank you so much for your efforts, this is greatly appreciated and a supreme example of how good this DCS community is at helping others by sharing their experience and talents.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Bankler, this is brilliant; I never tried a carrier landing before tonight and landed 3 of 4 times (sloppy but on the deck). Between this exercise and Jabbers’ Case I recovery video I've got a much clearer understanding of the process.

Only suggestion for us noobs;

**give us a another 3-5 miles to get our TACAN and other shit together...display these details earlier and longer.

**set the DDIs up for landing; I can't imagine any reason to prepare for a landing with the radar and store mgmt page being displayed

Thank you so much for your efforts, this is greatly appreciated and a supreme example of how good this DCS community is at helping others by sharing their experience and talents.

Thanks a lot for the nice words and feedback. Much appreciated!

Regarding the cockpit setup. Are you running the newest version (2.0.0)? In this version the cockpit should be setup automatically. HSI scale, TCN, CRS line, Hook override, anti-skid off, rdr alt. The only thing you need to do yourself is lower the hook.

It only works in SP (and for the host in MP) and only right after loading the mission. So if you're playing single player and trap, but don't wanna take off but instead start over from behind the boat, please press ESC, Exit, and Fly Again to reload the mission. If you just pick another slot, the auto-cockpit-setup won't happen.

VERSION 2.0.0

Hi guys!

First of all, thank you so much for all the love and feedback! So happy that you guys enjoy the mission! More than 600 of you have downloaded version 1.0.0 and I think that's incredible!

I decided to make some updates (and I might have some more stuff coming). You can now download version 2.0.0 in the Original Post.

Shoutouts to Jabbers and Lex for awesome feedback. Also big thanks to funkyfranky on the Moose team for all the help! :thumbup:

CHANGE LOG

* For SP (and for the host in MP) the cockpit is now automatically setup when you start the mission (not after changing slot). You still need to lower the hook, and tweak the radar alt settings as you require.

* Allowing more distance from the boat when upwind, which should eliminate some uncalled-for aborts.

* Now looking at the glideslope angle, rather than the altitude when determining how well you perform when entering the groove. Aim for 3.5 degree glideslope instead of 300 feet altitude.

* Moved the ships on the port and starboard side of the carrier farther out, so you don't get into the habit of using them as visual cues.

* Implemented rudimentary LSO callouts in the groove (text only for now).

* The boat will now turn and go back south after around 4 hours, making the mission suitable for hosted MP servers. (Thanks funkyfranky for the assistance!)

* Moved the whole mission further east, so you can see some land in the distance as you fly.

* Renamed Upwind to Break Entry.

Enjoy!

Appreciated!

VgHliZN.jpg

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I fly VR and the feedback is manageable during the pattern; let´s say it´s a bit offset.

However, for the "get back 4 miles and start again" command, I would like an audio tone or message so I don´t have to constantly check whether if I ruined it or not staring at the right upper zone.

I think this thing of the feedback message being posted a bit far of the center of view arear is only an issue for VR users.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I fly VR and the feedback is manageable during the pattern; let´s say it´s a bit offset.

However, for the "get back 4 miles and start again" command, I would like an audio tone or message so I don´t have to constantly check whether if I ruined it or not staring at the right upper zone.

I think this thing of the feedback message being posted a bit far of the center of view arear is only an issue for VR users.

That makes a lot of sense. I'll try adding some audio feedback for that. Thanks for the feedback!

• 4 weeks later...

VERSION 2.1.0

Time for an update!

You can now download version 2.1.0 in the Original Post.

Shoutouts to Lex (former F/A-18 pilot, go check out his nice Discord server!), Matt Geders on the Lex Discord as well as funkyfranky on the Moose team!

CHANGE LOG

* Added grading for all the groove parts (start, middle, in-close, ramp), so you can now get up to 200 points for a pass.

* Corrected some LSO calculations.

* Added rudimentary LSO voice calls. This is a work-in-progress but at least adds a little to the immersion. Thanks for the advice and the recordings, Lex!

* Added a little sound effect to confirm that you have reached the trailing ship and you are welcome to start the next pass.

* Fixed a bug where the auto-cockpit-setup procedure left some buttons on the UFC in the pressed state, sometimes causing weird aircraft behavior.

* Removed four of the static aircraft on deck to make more room for player aircraft.

* Removed MIST dependency.

Enjoy!

Edited by Bankler

Great stuff! Thanks Bankler :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Thank you sir!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Banker, what freq and tacan is the tanker on? This is an awesome training tool! Thank you!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

To install, do you just drop the entire folder in the mission folder in saved games or do you do something else with all the files and folders?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

To install, do you just drop the entire folder in the mission folder in saved games or do you do something else with all the files and folders?

I'm not really sure what you mean ?

There is one file, the mission file from the 1st post, "Bankler's Case 1 Recovery Trainer_v02-01.miz"

You place the mission file under "Saved Games\DCS\Missions" and then navigate to the file in DCS using "Mission>My Missions"

The mission doesn't require installing external script or audio files as they (Moose, TrapTraining.lua, etc) get included in the .miz file.

It's designed to give single players, similar feedback to a MP LSO, here's my first attempt with v2.1.0 (needless to say it was a bolter).

attachment.php?attachmentid=198274&stc=1&d=1542744807

834193381_BanklersCase1RecoveryTrainer_v02-01Screen_181120_195908.jpg.b153b93ed72271c331ea494dd674761f.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Ramsay

OK. Thanks. I was just confused about all the other folders/files that came with the download.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Thanks for all the encouraging and warm words. Really nice to hear that you're enjoying it!

Banker, what freq and tacan is the tanker on? This is an awesome training tool! Thank you!!

The tanker TCN is 2X (don't forget the A/A setting). This is in the brifing btw, but I should probably put it at the top.

The tanker's radio frequency is 251.000. This isn't in the briefing since I've been lazy running easy comms. :music_whistling: Will make sure it's there in the next update (should also change it to one of the presets, is there any standard one?).

Ramsay

OK. Thanks. I was just confused about all the other folders/files that came with the download.

This is really confusing. There are no folders in the download? It's one .miz file and nothing else. If you decide to unzip the file and extract the contents you'll see folders in there, but you don't wanna unzip .miz-files unless you want to examine what's under the hood for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...

The tanker's radio frequency is 251.000. This isn't in the briefing since I've been lazy running easy comms. :music_whistling: Will make sure it's there in the next update (should also change it to one of the presets, is there any standard one?).

Ch18 for tanker iirc.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

VERSION 2.2.0

Christmas update time!

attachment.php?attachmentid=199511&d=1544315047

You can now download version 2.2.0 in the Original Post!

Except from the usual guys who always help out (Matt Geders, Lex etc), this time I'd like to give an extra thank you and shoutout to Gregory Brett who have been really helpful and patient with all my never-ending questions.

Also, big shoutout to the awesome people in Master Arms who I recently started flying with. Using this mission, we did a CQ event last Tuesday with 20 Hornets in the air. It was magnificent!

For the future, I'm looking at tweaking the scoring system a bit after feedback from Lex. The current one is already working pretty good, but might be a little too forgiving in some areas. We'll see what happens. Stay tuned for that!

CHANGE LOG

* After a trap, when you cut the power, the summary will now show up much faster than before.

* Added hint that you need to stay still for a little while after cutting the power, until the score shows up.

* You can now use the F10 radio menu to toggle the LSO feature on and off. For instance, you might want to turn it off if a player acts as the LSO.

* Moved the SAR helicopter to the right side of the ship, 1.0 nm away.

* Support for 20 players (8 players in Enfield and Ford flight can now start from Batumi in VFA-37 Hornets).

* Renamed the player slots to Chevy, Colt, Dodge, Enfield and Ford 1-1 through 1-4.

* The feedback will now print the players' names as well as their callsigns (Chevy 1-1 etc) to make it easier to see who's who in multiplayer.

* LSO should no longer give you feedback as you cross the wake, but wait until you're actually in the groove.

* The carrier's BRC is now 353 MAG (instead of 354MAG / 000 TRUE as before) as a workaround for the spooky DCS bug where you can't connect to some cat shuttles if the carrier is going straight north.

* Tanker radio is now on Ch 19 (253.00) as per Gregory Brett's recommendation.

* Script will no longer start running if you pass over the trailing ship above 1300 ft (solves the issue where it could trigger when you were flying in the overhead stack).

* Pattern will now get aborted if you ever go above 2000 ft.

* After the carrier turns south (which is after 4 hrs or so), the new BRC stated as you fly over the trailing ship will now say 173 instead of 353.

Enjoy!

MasterArms_FingertipLeft.thumb.png.c60e7408c7660f6f894a49b7d4060323.png

@Bankler Just spent a couple hours on the 2.2 version, Excellent work. Would love to hear the call ball and box call.

I did notice that I don't see total score on the first landing. Subsequent landings I can see the previous and current total scores.

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

Nice Bankler, well done!

Here's a quick promo video of your script for a little appreciation for making it.

Thanks!

Video will get to 1440p @ 60fps, give it time...

Seems to be a perfect run....must be still something wrong with your script....:P

Don't make it any harder to nail....:cry:

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link