PSA: the book "ÖB:s Klubba" is now available for free in digital format

Farks

Link to pdf

It's unfortunately only available in swedish, but it does have plenty of pictures and stuff. I suppose one could take to Google Translate, but making sense of what it comes up with can be a translation job on its own. Or maybe some of us native speakers can help out if we're in the mood and asked nicely or given belly rubs, etc. :music_whistling:

For the uninitiated; this book covers Swedens air attack aviation during the cold war, which includes the Viggen. The air attack units were often informally refered to as "ÖB:s Klubba", hence the book title. To quote myself from another thread:

"E1" refers to "Första Flygeskadern" ("First Air Group") which was the unit all air attack squadrons belonged to, and which Björn Bjuggren commanded between 1952 and 1964. E1 was a special unit since it obeyed directly under the swedish supreme commander ("Överbefälhavaren" or "ÖB" for short), unlike the rest of the armed forces which were commanded by their respective military district commander (including the rest of the air force). Because of this E1 was commonly referred to as "ÖB:s Klubba", which roughly translates into "The SUPCOM's War Hammer".
A couple of other air force books by the same author is also available for free:

"Fienden i Öster" - covers swedish fighter units of the same era.

"Flygvapnets Spaningsflyg" - covers swedish aerial recce units of the same era.

Enjoy!

Thank you! Nice reading this while commuting.

Intel Core i7-4770K - ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Socket-1150 - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB - NVIDIA GTX1080Ti - Eizo 27" LED FlexScan EV2736W-BK, 2560x1440 (Processor, graphiccard and MOS-FET custom watercooled)