I clearly am doing something vey wrong here. I have spent hours trying to get a connection on the refuelling, but the boom operator doesn't ever react. The boom is just limp at all times!

I am in position for ages and ages, the instructor just keeps saying 'just a little bit more' over and over, but the boom operator doesn't ever seem to do anything. I've tried every position. (I love the way there is no collision with the boom, it just comes into the cockpit!)

What could possibly be wrong here?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Did you contact the tanker?

You need to inform the tanker when you are in the pre-contact position by sending them a READY PRE-CONTACT message (using the COMMS menu).

They should reply CLEARED CONTACT then you can move into position and the boom operator should move the boom to make the connection.

If you move away they may say RETURN PRE-CONTACT which means you have to redo the READY PRE-CONTACT message again.

You should only move close to the boom when you have the CLEARED CONTACT message from the tanker.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks Sabre, I think I was doing all that, but maybe I was losing the Pre-contact. I have since been able to see the boom stiffening by the operator, but still totally unable to get a connection.

I'm trying!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box