Storm of War - DCS WWII / Historical Server

philstyle

New video, I'm a very lucky pilot to say the least... and yes, the music is troll ;D Both 51's crashed so im very lucky indeed

Edited by barry_c
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 OC'd 4.2Ghz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz | RTX 3070Ti Founders Edition | Oculus Quest 2

Another video from tonight's sortie, some of my best gunnery so I am happy with how this one has turned out! Thanks to those who watch!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 OC'd 4.2Ghz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz | RTX 3070Ti Founders Edition | Oculus Quest 2

One of my latest videos, this was recored from two evenings of flight, happy with it, again thanks to Phil and Dietrich for running the server, it's an exceptional experience.

• Thanks 1

After longer break had little bit of desire of WW2 again. My two days on the SoW Server. Enjoy it or not 🤪

• Like 4

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Hi,

I’m new to SoW and multiplayer in general. Really having a blast on the server with SRS. Thanks Phil and all those involved. 

I was just wondering if someone could explain why the Antons are spawned hot start with zero fuel?  The engine cuts out and I have to restart unless I’m really fast at getting the ground crew to refuel. Is it some server or multiplayer limitation?  Just curious as it only affects the Anton. Thanks!

Edited by Mike789
Spelling
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mike789 said:

Hi,

I’m new to SoW and multiplayer in general. Really having a blast on the server with SRS. Thanks Phil and all those involved. 

I was just wondering if someone could explain why the Antons are spawned hot start with zero fuel?  The engine cuts out and I have to restart unless I’m really fast at getting the ground crew to refuel. Is it some server or multiplayer limitation?  Just curious as it only affects the Anton. Thanks!

As many times already stated, it was done so the Anton pilots dont have to waste/wait 10-15 mins for their engine to warm up, while making them unable to immediately take off for balance sake, or something like that. 

3 hours ago, Mike789 said:

From the Storm of War FAQ...

"  ED recently updated the aircraft engine temperature management which means that it can take from 5 to 10 minutes to warm up the Anton. Whilst some other aircraft also require warm up, the Anton is the one aircraft with these significantly long warm up times.
Given that ground crews had the task of pre-warming aircraft at front line airfields, we have chosen to start these aircraft in a hot state. Unfortunately DCS does not allow for pre-warmed aircraft with their engines shut off. In order to approximate this condition, the aircraft spawn with empty fuel tanks. The engines will shut off before the player is able to taxy forward, requiring a refuel and full start sequence.
This reduced the pre-taxy time from a minimum of 5 minutes down to about one minute.  "

Ref:    https://stormofwar.net/dcs/

11 hours ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

From the Storm of War FAQ...

"  ED recently updated the aircraft engine temperature management which means that it can take from 5 to 10 minutes to warm up the Anton. Whilst some other aircraft also require warm up, the Anton is the one aircraft with these significantly long warm up times.
Given that ground crews had the task of pre-warming aircraft at front line airfields, we have chosen to start these aircraft in a hot state. Unfortunately DCS does not allow for pre-warmed aircraft with their engines shut off. In order to approximate this condition, the aircraft spawn with empty fuel tanks. The engines will shut off before the player is able to taxy forward, requiring a refuel and full start sequence.
This reduced the pre-taxy time from a minimum of 5 minutes down to about one minute.  "

Ref:    https://stormofwar.net/dcs/

Thanks,  missed this on the website. 

• Like 1

Any chance to get that added for the P-47D as well? The P-47  takes a while to warm up as well and as far as i know or have seen, the Oil Dilute switch isn't functioning properly like it does on the Mustang to cut down on warm up time.

Edited by Cool-Hand
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, Cool-Hand said:

Any chance to get that added for the P-47D as well? The P-47  takes a while to warm up as well and as far as i know or have seen, the Oil Dilute switch isn't functioning properly like it does on the Mustang to cut down on warm up time.

" Whilst some other aircraft also require warm up, the Anton is the one aircraft with these significantly long warm up times. "

The P-47 while slightly longer than some of the others, is still commensurately shorter. Regarding the Oil Dilute switch issues, this is something that needs to be reported to ED (and then nag them to get it fixed). At this stage, the "hot-start / pre-warmed" option is only implemented on the Anton.

Another video from me again, I have more clips from a few more sorties to sort through but here's some from the last week!

Edited by barry_c
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, after all these years i was about to try and join to multiplayer. However i did not pass integrity check, even after i disabled barthek graphics mods i used with jsgme. I added screenshot of problematic files, what i should do to fix it?

IMG_20210904_144741.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just now, razo+r said:

restart DCS and if that doesnt fix it run a repair.

Thanks for the quick answer. 👍 I just realised i have also kegetys shaders mod installed but not by jsgme, that is probably the reason.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@philstyle, thanks for make a place (SOW) that a WW2 comunity can enjoy together. 

Don´t let me wrong... I had hours of fun in Normandy map, but some times i think that Normandy map do a limited time frame and place for a diferent missions types.

Are you never think about change the server map to the The Channel map?

In Normandy map every body are too close (allies and axis airbases). 

Its almost impossible to axis planes to operate near the coast line by Navy fire and almost every body goes to fly too low near Caen in a furball.

The pros could be that Normandy have a better FPS than a The Channel. I don´t know if when The Channel map come to finish state this month something will change.

I think that in the Channel map we could have some pre invasions mission with axis force atacking England targets/convoys or could allies atacking occupied France targets in the cross channels operations.

Also we can have some pos invasion missions types with ground combat and operations in france like we have now in normandy, but with a possibilte of allies and axis airbases not operate too close. Allies in this case can operating in france and in cross channel bases from England, but with a better front line.( Allies at West and axis East in France) 

I don´t know if it is historical correct, and if they had air bases, axis and allies, operating in this part of France from august to setember of 1944.

It´s only a question/suggestion.

And thank you again for the nice server.

Edited by greco.bernardi