Storm of War - DCS WWII / Historical Server

philstyle

On 12/20/2021 at 4:43 AM, philstyle said:

Deliberately disconnecting from the server while in control of a moving aircraft is prohibited on the Storm of War server.

Are you able to tell the difference between someone who has a power outage and someone deliberately disconnecting? I've been having a lot of power outages and it's been happening at the worst of times.  

16 hours ago, NO.20.W.M_Thomson said:

Are you able to tell the difference between someone who has a power outage and someone deliberately disconnecting? I've been having a lot of power outages and it's been happening at the worst of times.  

https://stormofwar.net/2021/12/20/december-2021-disconnecting/

• Like 2

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Just want to say, I can't play as much as I want or Used to but I love the historic based Missions & the work you've done on the server.
I tried to find the info but was stuck reading the MW50 Cry babies
FYI : If you need the MW50 in the K4 nothing can save you from your bad flying habit.
I love to take a A.I out for a spin once in a while.

It must have been asked a million times 
Is there any plans to add the mossies' from England in the near future ? 
If yes is it going to come with 1 or 3 dummy AI to make it more lively.
Do you think we will see a future with a bit more ''ground warfare'' alive or it's too hard on the server & Client side?

Thank you 
Continue the good work

Edited by Obic
  • Like 1

Hi

I've joined this server a few times now with mixed results. The amount of fun I have seems directly proportional to the number of people using SRS. Without the voice calls and chatter it is first of all extremely difficult to find bandits, even when there's 50+ people in the server. So far, out of the 7-8 times I've joined this server, only once was there people actively talking, calling out bandits and tallies, planning coordinated attacks, etc (which was super fun, one of my best experiences in DCS so far). Half the time I don't even get a response when asking for radio check though.

So I was just wondering, are most people on the server not using comms? Or maybe discord is the preferred comms method? I'm just wondering why it's so quiet most of the time. If you don't use comms, what are your methods for finding other planes to shoot down? 

Asking genuinely, no snark intended. 

Thanks! 

Edited by FupDuck

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

I´m not quite sure if the video shows someone who intentionally killed himself to "steal" your "well deserved kill" which you could "easyly claim if you contacted the server admins". It could just be some unexperienced 109 pilot who dived to fast and couldn´t recover from the dive because the 109 gets unresponsive if you are too fast. 

Maybe you should not care so much about about the statsistics. You obviously got a maneuver kill, no matter if it is written down in some database. Good job!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gadreel said:

I´m not quite sure if the video shows someone who intentionally killed himself to "steal" your "well deserved kill" which you could "easyly claim if you contacted the server admins". It could just be some unexperienced 109 pilot who dived to fast and couldn´t recover from the dive because the 109 gets unresponsive if you are too fast. 

I haven't posted the vid to open an argument, only to show a constant misbehavior I've observed not only in this server, not only in this sim, not only in this game... take your own conclusions or your own lessons. I posted it cause its a recurrent tactics, not my first time, neither the second or the third, but this time I could recorded it. I got the 109 module.... the only way to couldn't recover that A/C ingame is manipulating the stick with no hands only with your nose while you're texting in instagram at 100 feet on deck. I was right behind him at similar speed....in a Mustang brick (if you compare my A/C with 109 in terms of maneuravility) Have you seen any visual G-black visual fade out of my pilot in the dive out? Also, something I did in the edition: I used the ingame track file to edit the vid, so it means I can't reproduce the server messages Box: He disconnected few tenths before the impact, it means he used the ESC menu same time he was diving. How do I know it ? At that moment we were only a few players in the server, He was the only one flying a 109: As i said take your own conclusions or... in the remote case you were the 109 pilot...then take your own lessons. it's only up to you.

Just as a point: "Stealing Kills" can only be done between same side members, also considered a misbehavior like shouldershooting, even vulching, even team killing..., nothing against most server rules, but.... take your own lessons and conclusions.

7 hours ago, Gadreel said:

Maybe you should not care so much about about the statsistics

And indeed I don't care them. Once you 've been for "a while" in these sim eco systems: one day you're the prey... next you credit 5 kills, who knows? We can respawn indefinetly, BTW a luxury IRL pilots don't have.  I only pointed out the absurdity of some stupid decisions, like using the ESC button as Harry Potter uses his invisibility cloak, just for magical disappearing purposes.    

• Like 1

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

5 hours ago, OLD CROW said:

I only pointed out the absurdity of some stupid decisions, like using the ESC button as Harry Potter uses his invisibility cloak, just for magical disappearing purposes. 

Nobody disappeared in your video! And just using ESC doesn't do anything. The server must register that he left to remove the aircraft from the game. But the 109 kissed the ground fatally so he was killed before he left the server.

Or was this explosion at the end not visible during live gameplay on the server?

If he had just vanished mid-air, yeah that would be super lame. No question about it.

Are you sure you didn't kill the pilot/fatally injure him? Are you aware that due to network-lag it is possible that on your pc no bullets hit your opponent, but on his end he was dead/severely injured or damaged? I had this on a dogfight server just recently(and it happens the other way around also). Did you check the log after the track replay? There you can see hits and kills. Tacview?

Do yourself a favor and re-play this dive in a 109. The 109 kills you quickly if you don't know what you are doing in a high speed dive at low altitude. You came out of the dive at 400mph-644km/h in the P-51. Good luck pulling out in a 109 at this altitude and this speed and nose down attitude.

At 1:56 your g-meter shows a maximum of +2.1g. After the pull out at 2:42 your g-meter maximum is just below 7g. 7g in the 109 at 644km/h is not easy for someone who doesn't know how to handle it.

(And no, it wasn't me in your video)

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

1 hour ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Nobody disappeared in your video! And just using ESC doesn't do anything. The server must register that he left to remove the aircraft from the game. But the 109 kissed the ground fatally so he was killed before he left the server.

Or was this explosion at the end not visible during live gameplay on the server?

If he had just vanished mid-air, yeah that would be super lame. No question about it.

Are you sure you didn't kill the pilot/fatally injure him? Are you aware that due to network-lag it is possible that on your pc no bullets hit your opponent, but on his end he was dead/severely injured or damaged? I had this on a dogfight server just recently(and it happens the other way around also). Did you check the log after the track replay? There you can see hits and kills. Tacview?

Do yourself a favor and re-play this dive in a 109. The 109 kills you quickly if you don't know what you are doing in a high speed dive at low altitude. You came out of the dive at 400mph-644km/h in the P-51. Good luck pulling out in a 109 at this altitude and this speed and nose down attitude.

At 1:56 your g-meter shows a maximum of +2.1g. After the pull out at 2:42 your g-meter maximum is just below 7g. 7g in the 109 at 644km/h is not easy for someone who doesn't know how to handle it.

(And no, it wasn't me in your video)

Whatever you want Super dude.... In the Hypothetical case he/she came here and give his/her version then you can offer her/him your attorney abilities.

Wondering why you need to write that final own disclamer..... I'M NOT LOOKING FOR A GUILTY GUY!!!! i JUST SHOWED A REALLY COMMON MISBEHAVIOR IN MULTIPLAYER SERVERS!!! I'M NOT A SHERIFF, JUST A MESSENGER and if you don't like the vid content then click the unlike button RIGHT?

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

44 minutes ago, OLD CROW said:

... Super dude....

Finally111 someone sees me the way I am

44 minutes ago, OLD CROW said:

... i JUST SHOWED A REALLY COMMON MISBEHAVIOR IN MULTIPLAYER SERVERS!!! ...

Well, it is common that aircraft spiral into the ground and explode in multiplayer servers.

But what is the misbehaviour? What did he do that made you so angry?

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Well, it is common that aircraft spiral into the ground and explode in multiplayer servers.

When you present a Stat that shows more flying spiral errors than despawing dirty tricks in multiplayer servers then you will win a date with the only person who can see the way you are.

20 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

But what is the misbehaviour? What did he do that made you so angry?

After one exhaustive frame by frame analysis of the vid, after two post and you now come asking that????  Has been your Super deductive Sherlock Power that told you I'm angry? Between you and me, here where nobody else than you and me can read this...I have to confess you that my Super deductive Sherlock Power was who told me that you're Super,...indeed.... but you know, it also recomended me to post the vid,... Maybe My Super power was only trolling me? Who knows? 

I only used capital letters not for shouting to anybody or whatever it could mean in some chat terms, just only to clarify why I posted that video here. I have understood same people who makes regularly mistakes spiraling only understand short sentences in capital letters... I'm super regretful if it personally offended you. Next time I will only post cats doing funny things vids.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

7 hours ago, OLD CROW said:

I'm super regretful if it personally offended you.

No sweat. It was not my offense-meter that got triggered. There is more effort necessary till I let someone offend me.

Next time I will only post cats doing funny things vids.

Yeah, cat videos rock!

Mate, look, if you want problematic behaviour -that you see in this 109- adressed, explain it. Not everyone has the ...

Super deductive Sherlock Power

... to see it.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, philstyle said:

I have no idea what that video from Old Crow is supposed to be demonstrating.

Let's see if ppl read and understand well what is been written in previous posts before write anything.... I'm not trying to demonstrate a  sh.. I only posted a vid so as I said in previous posts. Conclusions/ lesson you've reached are a personal mental process and If you only see what you've told before I'm happy for you too. Short sentence in capital letters (with no shouting in it, neither anger): THAT RECORD WAS A DEMONSTRATION OF NOTHING. IT ONLY SHOWED A REPETITIVE MISBEHAVIOR OLDER THAN PYRIMAMIDS. AND YES, IMAO, I REPEAT MISBEHAVIOR WHILE SOME OTHERS SEE A NOOB.

3 hours ago, philstyle said:

All I see is a 109 pilot who appears to over-G, black out and crash.

Case Closed. AMEN

1 hour ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Mate, look, if you want problematic behaviour -that you see in this 109- adressed, explain it. Not everyone has the ...

9 hours ago, OLD CROW said:

Super deductive Sherlock Power

... to see it.

....... relax the neuron Watson with next video, God has closed the case.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

1 hour ago, OLD CROW said:

IT ONLY SHOWED A REPETITIVE MISBEHAVIOR OLDER THAN PYRIMAMIDS. AND YES, IMAO, I REPEAT MISBEHAVIOR WHILE SOME OTHERS SEE A NOOB.

Case Closed. AMEN

As admin and owner of the server and OP for this thread, and therefore "god" with respect to it, I declare that no "misbehaviour" occurred. It was simple pilot error.
Just to be absolutely clear in case anyone is confused: There is no rule against this on the server. It is NOT considered in any way worth reporting or making a complaint about.

NOW, the case is closed. My will be done.

Edited by philstyle
  • Like 5

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Another video from me, this one features a bunch of people, my whole squad, I think there might be some of Phil in here too: Taken from flights over the past few days/weeks, mainly the last 2-3 days though.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 OC'd 4.2Ghz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz | RTX 3070Ti Founders Edition | Oculus Quest 2

a couple of questions philstyle, i am enjoying your videos immensely and just getting

into stormofwar mp.

is auto rudder and take off assistance enabled on your server?

also can you not turn off the mark present location on map?

as this is basically gps...so navigation skills do not ever come into play as they should.

3 hours ago, gordonvembu said:

come on philstyle....5 hrs no answer?....

I hope that your comment wasn't serious.

After all, he's the server owner, NOT a helpdesk.

• Like 3

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

11 hours ago, gordonvembu said:

a couple of questions philstyle, i am enjoying your videos immensely and just getting

into stormofwar mp.

is auto rudder and take off assistance enabled on your server?

also can you not turn off the mark present location on map?

as this is basically gps...so navigation skills do not ever come into play as they should.

Mark present location is hardcoded and can't be disabled. (unfortunately)