DCS: Fw 190A-8 Discussion

NineLine

where can i pre-order it ??

Here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the F-8 had additional armour... and that will certainly be appreciated! But some variants of the F-8 carried additional ordnance on wing pylons and a larger variety of weapons, than were deployed on the A-8. Additionally, there were modifications made to the injection on the supercharger for low-altitude performance. The posts from Coyote (see refs) suggested that at least the ECT50 mounts would be added. The F-8 would therefore represent a better ground-attack aircraft... at least for those of us who prefer ground attack, and I concede that many do not.

References

Seriously doubt we will get any, current 190 and 109 is missing options that where flown in the war but not in dcs for some reason.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Just a question about the engine.

I always see Fw 190 with the "black fan" (i don't know how to say in english).

https://acesflyinghigh.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/fhc-fw-190a-5-may-2016-6.jpg

But looking at the trailer, I don't see it on the engine ?

Is the A8 a special version without it ?

There is the trailer link a the time when we can see the engine.

Well, its a fan, its spinning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoEs2VtVYI

Edited by GrmlZ

Does anybody have a confirmed list of loadouts for the A-8? Couldnt find anything yet.

Quote from the store page (REF).

"Armament included two fuselage-mounted 7.92mm MG 131 machine guns and four wing-mounted MG 151/20E 20mm cannons. The Anton could also be loaded with unguided rockets and bombs."

Also when queried earlier, this was confirmed by one of the Decs (Coyote):

"4x 20mm cannons on the wings, 2x 13mm machine guns on the nose and ventral pylon for extra fuel tank, or 250SC-500SC bomb."

Ref: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3646360&postcount=49

Quote from the store page (REF).

"Armament included two fuselage-mounted 7.92mm MG 131 machine guns and four wing-mounted MG 151/20E 20mm cannons. The Anton could also be loaded with unguided rockets and bombs."

Also when queried earlier, this was confirmed by one of the Decs (Coyote):

"4x 20mm cannons on the wings, 2x 13mm machine guns on the nose and ventral pylon for extra fuel tank, or 250SC-500SC bomb."

Ref: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3646360&postcount=49

What the store page says it carries is a past tense statement. Not what it will carry in game. These things should be listed and stated crystal clear before customers go purchasing a module under false impressions of what ordinance you can carry in game.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

What the store page says it carries is a past tense statement. Not what it will carry in game. These things should be listed and stated crystal clear before customers go purchasing a module under false impressions of what ordinance you can carry in game.

Valid point. So, if people are worried about exactly what is available (or any other aspect of the module), they should wait until there are some reviews or user reports.

Valid point. So, if people are worried about exactly what is available (or any other aspect of the module), they should wait until there are some reviews or user reports.

A somewhat less vague product description would be nice indeed. For the F-16C they already posted such a list, just as they did for the Hornet before early access.

Is the FW 190A a full fidelity mod on par with the spitfire, or more like FC3?
Come on people, of course full fidelity.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

But looking at the trailer, I don't see it on the engine ?

Is the A8 a special version without it ?

There is the trailer link a the time when we can see the engine.

The fan spins in a 3:1 relation to the propeller, I hardly doubt you should see it in movement.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

It will be hard to resist preordering, but I will wait until the DM is in open beta.
Already state Fw190 will come with new DM and all the rest warbirds will have it sooner than release or at the same time as longer.

S!

Already state Fw190 will come with new DM

Where?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Where?
Mostly, just reading the forums. This time, indeed, in this very same sub forum,

It should, all internal WWII aircraft have the new damage model now, it's just getting it polished up and making sure it works right. Unless something major happens, I would expect to see the DM release before or about the same time as the A8, but stuff happens right, so we will see.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3863792&postcount=354

S!

He said "it should", not "it will". It's a guess by him based on how things looked like 2 months ago. It's far from being a confirmation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg