Is 2018 release promise abandoned?

TomCatMucDe

The website says "this winter" and it doesn't say 2018. Do we have yet a new delay?

We're leaving it ambiguous so as to not wade into a gigantic mountain of crap if something bad happens.

The target is this year. I prefer to not crunch over christmas (again).

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We're leaving it ambiguous so as to not wade into a gigantic mountain of crap if something bad happens.

Fair enough. You should be enjoying your xmas this year.

I pre-ordered 2 licenses already

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

I am still in shock! The reveal was OUTSTANDING! I loved this bird all my life and knew what to expect but what I saw still surpassed my expectations...

As to the release, Heatblur website states this module will become available "in winter". I'm probably wrong but it so happens that winter starts December 21st, the same day the Tomcat had it's first maiden flight in 1970. It is also a Friday... ;)

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The federal fiscal year just started started on October 1st so "this year" could be anytime in FY '19 ending September 30th, 2019.

I'm sorry but I just don't have any faith left in ED or any 3rd party developers to deliver a completed product in any kind of reasonable timeline anymore.

Prove me wrong.

Here the fiscal year starts January 1st, and in the UK the financial year starts 5th April :Shrug: I guess you takes your pick :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Thanks for the straight answer.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

As honest an answer as we can expect. Thank you and good luck getting it out before X-mas. :thumbup:

Honestly, I can't see it being released that close to Christmas - no launch goes without bugs that need to be crushed, and I doubt HB would want to either a) risk us having a potentially broken product over the holidays, or b) have staff on hand over the holidays to support in case of bugs.

I reckon we'll get it by early-mid December, or it'll be January.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

uhm you could have made your big reaveal when the product was done instead of Some month early...

then you could have placed it right on the shelf without any worry about "crap".

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

F-14 first flight was December 21st 1970. Just saying...

And the first crash was December 30st. ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

uhm you could have made your big reaveal when the product was done instead of Some month early...

then you could have placed it right on the shelf without any worry about "crap".

What is this toxicity about? Ever heard of marketing? What exactly is your problem other then wanting it so badly like the rest of us?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Guys, there's nothing necessarily toxic about that post unless you make it out to be. The guy is just posting his opinion which he has the right to.

I'm sure HB can handle some differing opinions just fine, it comes with the job.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'm sure he knew those options. Thanks for the useless post.

oh i am pretty sure he does, but then you have to accept all the drawbacks that come with hypeing up people.

Thats why i was pointing it out with a slight sarcastic tone, which you seem to have missed completly.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

oh i am pretty sure he does, but then you have to accept all the drawbacks that come with hypeing up people.

Thats why i was pointing it out with a slight sarcastic tone, which you seem to have missed completly.

People get hyped way too easily - especially when it comes to computer games / sims .. patience is a virtue.

Well, while the 21st December sounds like the logical date...did we ever had a module in per-sale for that long time? I honestly can‘t remember, but nearly 2 1/2 months sounds pretty long.

The Hornet pre-sale started January 12th and release was May 30th.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Hmm. Well as hard as that is to hear, what will be, will be. Though it does make me wonder how incredibly far off you were to a no 'exceptions' 2017 release, considering it will now be over a year delay from that timeframe. I'm very excited to one day fly your Tomcat. Keep up the incredible work Cobra, please do what you feel is right over christmas and take time off if you need it!

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Nor should you guys! As much as we all would love to have the F14... game devs for all different companies have to deal with this terrible crunch time all too often. I really hope ED and the 3rd party devs do all they can to prevent that horrible practice.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

That is all I wanted to hear. No bad feelings here. I think most of us can already see the direction the Tomcat is going. It is very complex and awesome and that takes time. I pre-odered because I think you guys from Heatblur deserve our money at this point in time because the F-14 development must have been quite an expensive journey.

Btw: Cobra, do those key links from Heatblur store already work when sync'ing them with our ED account? There was an issue yesterday so I'm just asking...