Can anyone get the AWLS to work in NTTR?

Rolds

Tested Nellis AFB, RWY 21 with zero wind in DCS 2.5.3.22176

Couldn't get the AV-8B AWLS to work, though I've used it for Batumi, Kobuleti, etc. in the Caucasus.

It looks like there's a problem with the AV-8B, as the A-10C picked up Nellis AFB's ILS without issue.

Note: The AV-8B "AN_ARN128_config.lua" AWLS channel 13 frequencies look correct for Nellis, so it looks to be due to a difference between Caucasus and Nevada.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Tested Nellis AFB, RWY 21 with zero wind in DCS 2.5.3.22176

Couldn't get the AV-8B AWLS to work, though I've used it for Batumi, Kobuleti, etc. in the Caucasus.

It looks like there's a problem with the AV-8B, as the A-10C picked up Nellis AFB's ILS without issue.

Note: The AV-8B "AN_ARN128_config.lua" AWLS channel 13 frequencies look correct for Nellis, so it looks to be due to a difference between Caucasus and Nevada.

Great thanks for checking, I also found that I could get the Nellis ILS to work with A10C but nothing for the harrier.

• 1 year later...

I recall that i had the exact same issue during summer of 2019. Thats exactly why EA sucks! It took me many hours to find out that this must be due to a bug and not due to me doing something wrong. One more issue that seems to not have been fixed for a very long time.

• 2 months later...

AWLS IS NOT WORKING. for now.

Edited by stefaanadriansens

:pilotfly:

i7-920, 12 GB DDR3 1600, Gigabyte x58 ud3r, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, 2x500GB SSD+1x250ssd, TrackIR 5 clip, screen 42 inches, and 21 inches, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick,t500rs,th8 shifter, Saitek Pro throttle, x controller, G11 keys

Why isnt Awls working now?

It's working in the Caucasus map, just as it always has.

The AV-8B AWLS in real life is the same system as ICLS and doesn't work with regular ILS.

Razbam's implementation of AWLS is only compatible with ILS for gameplay reasons (though I wish it wasn't).

IRL you'd fly a TACAN approach or perhaps use a AN/TPN-30 (or similar) for field carrier landing practice in Nevada.

The fact that DCS's AV-8B AWLS doesn't work in Nevada doesn't take anything away from the aircraft's real life capability, it does mean though that it doesn't work as documented in the DCS manual.

Tested in Open Beta 2.5.6.47404

Edited by Ramsay
Typo

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The ILS is declared in both Caucasus and Nevada as BEACON_TYPE_ILS_GLIDESLOPE and BEACON_TYPE_ILS_LOCALIZER, so I'm not sure why they work differently. I do find it interesting that in the AN_ARN128_config.lua it says for the World Map IDs, "2 == Nevada (Not Applicable)", yet the AWLS channels are defined for the Nevada airbases.