Thoughts on the Livestream

JayBird

I've got a few things to say about today's livestream. To preface I've been watching and extremely excited for the Tomcat since it was first announced years ago. I have placed my order for the F-14, so I'm not just writing this to bitch and moan.

Today's reveal was pretty disappointing, I was hoping to actually hear developers speak on the Tomcat, give us information and answer questions that we've had for years. To schedule this event almost a month ago, and give us two prerecorded trailers; which I will say were awesome and got me super excited; it's a bit of a slap in the face.

I hope in the recent future we will see a lot more of actual Tomcat systems, tutorials, walkthroughs, and of course the actual module being released.

Like I said, I'm not writing this to just bitch. Let me know what you all think.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

I disagree, but then again this is exactly what I expected, as they did the same with the Viggen a few years ago. I've seen people say it was too flashy, but I thought the balance between flashy and informative was good. You do not want to give everything away in one gameplay trailer, you want to spread it out and also leave bits for people to find out themselves, in my opinion. Its hard to please everyone. I also encourage discussions like these but they usually turn out negative because people do not want to accept the preferences of another.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

In general I liked the presentation very much.

But I would like it even more if they showed carrier landing, RIO POV and PGM being employed.

I expect such things will be showcased over the next few months as part of build up to the early access release.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

The reveal stream of the Viggen back then was pretty much the same, so I kinda expected the Tomcat stream to go that way too.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I disagree, but then again this is exactly what I expected, as they did the same with the Viggen a few years ago. I've seen people say it was too flashy, but I thought the balance between flashy and informative was good. You do not want to give everything away in one gameplay trailer, you want to spread it out and also leave bits for people to find out themselves, in my opinion. Its hard to please everyone. I also encourage discussions like these but they usually turn out negative because people do not want to accept the preferences of another.
+1

Impossible to please everyone. I expect new information coming up every two weeks or so, even less, similar to how ED is handleling the hornet development.

Problably they are still finishing important parts and dont feel like sharing just yet (I'm thinking about the AWG9 TWS for example)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

In general I liked the presentation very much.

But I would like it even more if they showed carrier landing, RIO POV and PGM being employed.

I don't believe the HB Tomcat will have PGMs unfortunately.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Yeah, it ended up being just a reveal stream, though I did expect a more in-depth demonstration since I don't really remember how their release process went with Viggen (that was so long ago plus I didn't really care about Viggen that much to follow it every step of the way).

But, since the Tomcat's release is months away (i.e. at least two), there'll hopefully be more than a few updates presenting the module in more detail. Can't wait.

I also felt the short, but very well produced A-6 AI presentation kind of stole the show being shown first.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I don't believe the HB Tomcat will have PGMs unfortunately.

Well you'll have to believe your eyes... applejackshocked.png

Screen_181003_164636_2048x2048.png?v=1538937772

That stream was like back then, two years ago with the Viggen. With the difference, IIRC, that we didn't know about the Viggen at all until that "

" which was an announcement for the reveal stream event on 11/28. Two months later, we've been flying that thing already.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg