Shadow.tech cloud gaming and TrackIR

Hey,

Just curious if anybody here is into cloud gaming like shadow.tech?

I don't want to advertise anything here as I'm new to it and testing it myself right now but I'm having trouble that the shadow PC doesn't recognize my TrackIR 5 via USB at this time. Hotas warthog works.

Does anybody have a solution for it? I've read with opentrack you can export your headtracker data via VPN to another PC. That could be a solution but as I could see opentrack does not work with TrackIR? Or is there any workaround for it as I couldn't find anything by googling for it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Reppi

Edited by reppi

i7 7700k @ 4,5 GHz

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+

32 GB RAM @ 3000 MHz

500 GB SSD

Oculus Rift S

HOTAS Warthog

CH Pro pedals

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello guys,

I've just sign up for this forum just to interact with this question.

I love flight sims, and DCS is huge, and the best I've ever seen.

Now I have been out of flight sims world as I got tired of continuous requirements needs in the past, that I couldn't pay, and moved to consoles.

I bought last December a Thrustmaster Flight HOTAS One, that can be used in a console and also in a PC.

Considering I also bought a regular PC, I downloaded DCS.

I got totally addicted to the game. It was all I expected, however my PC can't process it as I would like. So some people told me about Cloud Gaming services, and I saw a new opportunity to buy planes and scenarios from DCS.

There is only one service that I know is open to install the Game you purchased and run it.

DCS worked fine there, with a really decent FPS and quality, I was really glad.

But I couldn't setup my joystick. Mouse is recognized and keyboard too. The joystick however is not. I mean, the joystick is recognized in my local instalation but not on the cloud PC.

Oh man, I believe cloud gaming is a good opportunity for old flight sims fans like me come back and enjoy again combat simulation, with a win win reborn of Sim industry: Game developers, Peripherals, and Cloud Services.

Any ideas or a link to tutorial to try to solve the issue?

I just contracted the Cloud service to enjoy DCS, if my joystick does not work I will probably be on the fridge for a couple of years again.

Edited by Kaboreh

Thanks!

Ranx575 - >Kaboreh

Hello, to who it may concern checking for tags Shadow game streaming or Shadow Tech cloud gaming:

I just got a last feedback from their service support, and they plan to launch a new version till the end of November (2019)that will correct problems with detection of Thrustmaster among other peripherals.

Until then, I love this game, but unfortunately I will no longer play DCS, as my system is put to the limit with low configuration.

Good luck other users.

Thanks!

Ranx575 - >Kaboreh

• 5 months later...

Just curious if anyone has had any luck getting TrackIR to work with the Shadow Gaming PC Streaming service.

I've googled the shat out of it and talked with Shadow's tech support and still haven't found any solution to Shadow recognizing TIR.

The only advice Shadow tech support gave me was install the Shadow Service Beta and see if anyone in Shadow's Discord had found a solution. Beta still didn't recognize TIR and the Discord really wasn't much help either.

I found a forum post on VirtualHere's forums that said someone had used VH's USB over IP client/server and had Shadow recognize TIR. I messed around with VH a bit without any success.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

• 1 month later...
Hello guys,

I've just sign up for this forum just to interact with this question.

I love flight sims, and DCS is huge, and the best I've ever seen.

Now I have been out of flight sims world as I got tired of continuous requirements needs in the past, that I couldn't pay, and moved to consoles.

I bought last December a Thrustmaster Flight HOTAS One, that can be used in a console and also in a PC.

Considering I also bought a regular PC, I downloaded DCS.

I got totally addicted to the game. It was all I expected, however my PC can't process it as I would like. So some people told me about Cloud Gaming services, and I saw a new opportunity to buy planes and scenarios from DCS.

There is only one service that I know is open to install the Game you purchased and run it.

DCS worked fine there, with a really decent FPS and quality, I was really glad.

But I couldn't setup my joystick. Mouse is recognized and keyboard too. The joystick however is not. I mean, the joystick is recognized in my local instalation but not on the cloud PC.

Oh man, I believe cloud gaming is a good opportunity for old flight sims fans like me come back and enjoy again combat simulation, with a win win reborn of Sim industry: Game developers, Peripherals, and Cloud Services.

Any ideas or a link to tutorial to try to solve the issue?

I just contracted the Cloud service to enjoy DCS, if my joystick does not work I will probably be on the fridge for a couple of years again.

I was initially having issues getting my Thrustmater T16000M HOTAS setup as well. What I found I needed to do was:

1. Download the appropriate driver software from Thrustmaster's website onto the local pc.
  2. Install the driver on the local computer; plug in controllers when prompted.
  3. After software installation, unplug the controllers. Enable USB peripherals in the Shadow launcher settings, and install the drivers if necessary. Make sure this option is enabled before starting the stream, each time.
  4. Start Shadow, download the driver software again from Thrustmaster's website, and run software. STOP once prompted to insert USB devices, insert USB devices but do not hit OK. Hit Win + Alt + O to open the Shadow settings. Click the USB peripherals tab, then enable your respective controllers and joysticks.
  5. Once Shadow reports controllers as forwarded under peripherals tab, go back to driver installation software, and hit OK.
  6. If all goes well, then your devices should now be recognized! Make sure to check that USB peripherals is enabled before starting the stream each time. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Thunderbird - haven't managed to get my "real" TrackIR kit working, but as a workaround I'm using this kit (think there are alternatives out there, and you can even make your own) combined with OpenTrack software and Hamachi VPN. This allows you to forward just the headtracking info picked up by Opentrack on your local PC to Shadow via VPN, rather than forwarding the full camera feed via Shadow's very sketchy USB over IP.

I roughly followed the instructions here to get it up and running with Shadow, and seems to work pretty smoothly on my connection (around 80Mbps down/10Mbps up/26ms ping according to Shadow speedtest). Let me know if you decide to go this route and need any help setting it up.

I used Shadow for a while when I was trying out Star Citizen.

Unfortunately the support for USB devices is pretty limited. If you want to try anything make sure you have USB over IP turned on for Shadow. Never got flight sticks to connect consistantly, and never more than one device at a time. The official word from them was that TrackIR's are not supported.

For anyone wanting to testing Simo's suggestion out, bear in mind that VPN's are against their TOS so you may end up getting banned.

For anyone wanting to testing Simo's suggestion out, bear in mind that VPN's are against their TOS so you may end up getting banned.

The support page here states that VPNs are "strongly discouraged", but doesn't explicitly state that they are banned.

Someone has asked the question on Reddit, and a Shadow staffer replied:

"Hamachi is permitted. However using Shadow explicitly as a server is not allowed."

So I guess it's OK as long as you're only using the client on Shadow side.

Tbh I'm willing to run the risk regardless, as without VPNs and VirtualHere, Shadow's terrible USB forwarding renders DCS unplayable!