Alerax's LSO AI Script

...bit confused. Did you mean keep your hook in the landing configuration? Normally after a bolter, I'll remain in the pattern (up BRC, turn downwind at interval, 600', onspeed), and not touch any of my gear/flaps/hook again until trapped on deck.

Regards,

Curveball

VFA-113 STINGERS #302

He means that if you never lower your hook, you will always bolter and the LSO will always remain active without having to go through the break again. There's currently no way to reactivate the LSO after a full trap without going through the full break pattern.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I have done is to place the sounds files and the Lua in the root directory of my c drive, so the missions I create can be used by anyone without having to re-save the sound files in every mission to match their saved games directory.

That way, anyone can use my missions simply by downloading your stuff plus any mission, placing the folder and Lua in their root directory, and saving the mission files to their usual location.

Makes setting it all up much simpler.

Thanks for all your hard work, this is truly a game changer with the Hornet and CVN. Thanks also for allowing us to use it as freely as you have. Great addition to the game.

Has the new version been released with a confirmation in initial that the script is working? I know I blow it on my downwind, but I'd still like to know as I've never heard a single voice...just getting scores.

Are you sure you've set your radio to the Carriers frequency in the Mission editor? For the easiest results, set it to an existing push button of the Hornet like 264Mhz for button 2.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mr. Alerax!

This script is really really nice! Absolutely GREAT!!!:thumbup:

There is only one little suggestion i want to make.

Could you please get in contact with mr. funkyfranky, because he also did a very very cool script, but due to some different "unit name"/"carrier name" requirements in your scripts it seems they do not work simultaneously.

Maybe it could be possible for you guys to make it work?:music_whistling:

This would be amazing!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

One little suggestion is to add a bigger delay between the "call the ball" transmission, and "roger ball". The pilot needs enough time to give his side number, aircraft type, ball or Clara, and fuel state. That's not possible between the two AI calls right now.

Loving your work though, and looking forward to seeing the Case 3 stuff too. Once again, thanks for this excellent contribution.

Mr. Alerax!

This script is really really nice! Absolutely GREAT!!!:thumbup:

There is only one little suggestion i want to make.

Could you please get in contact with mr. funkyfranky, because he also did a very very cool script, but due to some different "unit name"/"carrier name" requirements in your scripts it seems they do not work simultaneously.

Maybe it could be possible for you guys to make it work?:music_whistling:

This would be amazing!

Funkyfranky's script can have the carrier name changed to match.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

multi Carrier Support-Parameter in the script call to Specify the Carrier Names

Alerax,

It would be nice if the carrier name was not hard coded in the script. it would be great if you could add an array parameter that could specify multiple carriers and the routine would cycle for both the carriers. This way we make the script work with other scripts we using.

thanks

Falcon CVW-5

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

Thanks - very very nice script!

@mission designer:

You can adjust the "hardcoded" carrier name by editing line 22 in the lua-file.

@Alerax, correct me if that breaks anything.

Hi All-

Yes Painter is correct, you can adjust line 22 in the Lua file to whatever your carrier name is and not it won't break anything in the script.

That being said, I'm looking to write an ability to automatically acquire the carrier (if there is only one in the game), or handle a list of carriers (if there are multiple). However, this is not a priority at the moment since I've effectively put the script on feature hold so that we can (finally) release the latest version to the public.

• 2 weeks later...

One request for me, you can be flying at 5000' a few miles abeam and get graded as if you were at the downturn....maybe have a ceiling/range limit for the LSO? I've stuck a landing after being told to wave off (I know, I know), re-launched, and been flying out downwind to initial and the LSO is trying to grade me....

Also, the HUD can read 1.1nm to the carrier at the downturn and you get told you're too close abeam...I think it's grading that improperly, as it seems to be impossible to turn in at a constant bank angle further out abeam and not be too long in the groove, or you come in too far to the left. I find to satisfy the LSO I have to turn in at about 35 degrees bank at the down turn, reduce my turn to 25 degrees at the 90, and then turn sharply again to line up, to satisfy the distance at the downturn and to get into the groove close enough to the ship, which plays merry hell with my descent rate. In the Navy flight manual I read that you're supposed to be .9 - 1.1nm at the downturn......?

http://navyflightmanuals.tpub.com/P-1211/

Oh, nvm, that's for the Goshawk....I guess that's the difference :P .

Edited by smallberries

At 1.3 abeam from the carrier onspeed, i find that a constant bank angle of between 27 and 30 degrees that is initiated as soon as I can see the rowndown of the carrier brings me in at about 0.9 miles consistently.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some naval aviators say that is the right angle, given you are on AOA, with 200-300 fpm descent. Turn should be initiated at the round down when you see the white paint of it, or when passing the #4 elevator (aft-most nearest the LSO). Increases in power may be necessary since you are losing lift in the turn.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Should this work with the A4E? I created a mission that worked fine, then I added this script and DCS crashes every time it loads - even after I removed the script from the mission. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what.

folder with the sounds went into the miz, then triggers -mission start - do script file

Doesn't work with any aircraft except the F/A-18C yet...

I'm sure it won't take long, but the script will need to be updated to find the A-4 instead of the F/A-18

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Alerax:

Does it anything bad if your script is loaded several times in a mission?

I am trying to workaround the fact that clients on MP can't see the F10 others menu and wanna try to load the script with a trigger for each client slot-plane "when alive".

I don't think it will cause any issues other than CPU load because it's a pretty heavy script.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I'm using Vaicomm with VoiceAttack and, for all it is working perfect.

1 problem, if I call the weather status, ok it works, but if I call the comm information, it does not work. Any idea on where the problem could be ?

Win 10 | i7 8700 Coffee Lake OC @ 4.9Ghz | 32Go Ram | 1080Ti | DCS on SSD | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Rudder | TrackIr 5 Pro

Hi,

1 problem, if I call the weather status, ok it works, but if I call the comm information, it does not work. Any idea on where the problem could be ?

It's a known issue with the way the menus are built, but Alerax is looking into it

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I've just notice that I have to speak ACTION first, and works for me.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder