multiplayer joining as RIO in mid-flight

NeoHelios

Hi Community,

How disruptive or challenging to code would it be for players to be allowed to join as RIO in the middle of a flight? I have really poor internet connectivity, and cannot imagine someone else suffering the consequences of my network drops. Yet I really want the option of playing the tomcat (RIO) in multiplayer when I'm not moving mud in the harrier. Is such a feature technically feasible? Am I the only person who would want or appreciate such a thing?

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-16 Viper :: F-14 Tomcat :: F-18 Hornet :: A-10C Warthog :: AV-8B Harrier II :: AJS-37 Viggen :: Ka-50 Black Shark

vCG-1 callsign: Cloudy

I think this is a feature of the Sim and not something that any third party developer has control over.

If the sim ever gets a dynamic campaign that will probably be the moment ED thinks about implementing a "JOIN IN FLIGHT" feature.

Yes you can drop in and drop out of the Gazelle at any time. It doesn't affect anything.

Same with the L-39 I assume?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Some aircraft have odd idiosyncrasies when it comes to JIP flights. The L-39C, for example has ripped control surfaces off of the plane more than once when I have joined in the back seat.

It doesn't happen often, and may not even affect the F-14, but it's something to be aware of.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

This is going to do wonders for the multiplayer side of things. I can't "snap" salute you guys at Heatblur enough! :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

As you guys mentioned it's already part of the sim and you can indeed join as RIO in flight. When you do so the pilot get a window where he can accept or decline the request from another player to join as RIO.

Wow, if that's possible in flight it's practically possible to troll cat drivers by constantly switching the RIO slots to make nasty windows pop up all the time for the pilots.

Seriously, this should be restricted to "on the ground" somehow, but with the system remembering who took the slot (via DCS account id for instance) so that one has the chance to jump back in without fuss in case of happenings.

Just a thought v8laic37.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Wow, if that's possible in flight it's practically possible to troll cat drivers by constantly switching the RIO slots to make nasty windows pop up all the time for the pilots.

Seriously, this should be restricted to "on the ground" somehow, but with the system remembering who took the slot (via DCS account id for instance) so that one has the chance to jump back in without fuss in case of happenings.

Just a thought v8laic37.png

The pilot does have the ability to "lock" the second seat. At least I remember having that option back in the days when I flew the Gazelle on a regular basis.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I think this is a feature of the Sim and not something that any third party developer has control over.

If the sim ever gets a dynamic campaign that will probably be the moment ED thinks about implementing a "JOIN IN FLIGHT" feature.

What does a Dynamic campaign have to do with it?