Is there any support here?

Ifikratis

I bought this module and many graphical elements was broken. Turned out two out of the six was a result of the shadow setting. I found that these issues are already reported but no developer acknowledge them here or posts a fix or a time-frame for a fix. I then submitted a support ticket and the reply was to ''get support in the forums and share your opinion". Do you find this a way to get support when no developer replies here? That's why the title of my thread, which still holds as I haven't seen any official support given in these forums. What everybody does is post bugs and hope that they are seen and taken care off. However after months and months of waiting I haven't seen a single line of improvement in the Huey. So, I guess you understand what kind of support I need. An acknowledgment of the issue and a fix, neither of which happens here.

I totally understand what you mean. :cry:

But all the other comments are right as well.

It's huge in progress project over the whole lifetime. There are so many construction places difficult to count. New developments in Computer hard and software have to be implemented which takes not only due to the complexity of a lot of time.

I buy airplanes as well but fly, for 3 years exclusively the UH-1 and really, really hope this night illumination thing will be fixed soon. Can't even read the Instruments when full illuminated and outside lights are off.

Your right, concerning big issues like that there may be a notice on the developer's page in the DCS Forum wishful. "We working on it". But in software development, it's a kind of suicidal behavior when communicating any Timeframes. I know that from personal experience :music_whistling:

But keep in mind. Until now and hopefully in the future. All these updates are for free and that's unusual for any piece of Software I know.

So, for my part learned to be patient.:smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

In the meantime, enjoy flying the Huey.

The Huey was my first DCS aircraft, and despite taking a year to become proficient in flying it, I still love it. Just feels right to me.

I tried a couple of other well known sims that include helicopters, and for me, the Huey makes them look broken.

I, too, love the Huey. A10, FA18 are awesome as well. But for rotary, there's no beating the Huey. And yes, like you said, it just feels right! :thumbup:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

meh. The Huey was my favorite module but I barely fly it these days.

When you compare the constant attention the mi-8 has receveid vs how the huey was supported over the years, it seems obvious to me the primary function of the huey in DCS is to be the mi-8 sidekick.

It's there to reaffirm how superior the mi-8 is, in every aspect.

From the 3D modelling, textures, sounds, even the gameplay!

Belsimtek implemented Upuaut's cargo mod ingame, they didn't bother fixing the textures issues but they did spend their time editing the .lua to make sure 90% of the cargo objects would be too heavy for the huey to lift.

And while the Mi-8 has a fancy cargo view with the engineer actually moving at the back of the helo, the UH-1 cargo view purely and simply removed.

Great...

From day one, people have had legimate is easily doable requests.

Like the ability to remove the doors. Ignored. For 6 years now.

Of course, the mi-8 has that feature...

My personal pet peeve: the freakin' pylons. It seems it is just too much work to implement the ability to load just the rear pylons when you only have door gunners. You know, so your huey actually looks like the thousands you've seen, everywhere.

The sound. The huey sound is iconic, the typical "flap-flap". So iconic is was for a very long time the default sound for helo used in TV show or movies. It didn't matter if a OH-6 or an MH-53 was portrayed on screen, they would slap the huey sound over it.

The weapons. To say that the weapon choice is weird would be an euphemism. The flex minigun were never used in any meaningful way on UH-1Hs. IIRC, it was tested a few times and ditched.

Even the Aussie Bushrangers had fixed miniguns. So BST picked that weapon system, which belong to the UH-1C, but refused to give us twin M60's or 50 cal.

The huey is probably the most iconic helicopter. The F14 equivalent for helos. With it's wide-spread media coverage, it's a chopper everybody knows.

Even your grand mother would be able to identify it as "the vietnam helicopter from that movie".

The joy of having my favorite helo in DCS has been replaced by sheer deception...

• 2 months later...

Yeah... the only reason I use DCS is for the Huey. I have all the world modules and add-ons... but only as a back drop to the Huey. Alasa it does appear to be the poor relative in the DCS stable :( Updates far and few and no sign of any developement. The worlds formost flight Sim and the worlds most iconic helicopter seem to have fallen out of bed! I won't go on... as Eight Ball in his post above has covered most points. Come on ED, give BST a reminder that we are still here and that DCS has moved on!

Yeah this is so weird . Huey is a most favorite helicopter of many many people. And this module looks totally forgotten.

A basic iconic sound is not available unless you don't use a sound mod.

Even a simple glass reflection bug is still there after all those years. Look at hornet's canopy and Huey's...

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
Yeah this is so weird . Huey is a most favorite helicopter of many many people. And this module looks totally forgotten.

A basic iconic sound is not available unless you don't use a sound mod.

Even a simple glass reflection bug is still there after all those years. Look at hornet's canopy and Huey's...

not everything is as you write.

Now we are actively develop a new engine for Huey! About glasses and sounds - please show with an example in the video (if it is possible) that it is not right now

Now we are actively develop a new engine for Huey! About glasses and sounds - please show with an example in the video (if it is possible) that it is not right now

Woah, wow, wow, wow..... Hold up... What do you mean new engine ? New engine model ? New engine variant ?

Or like you mean re-work on the Huey with a new engine ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Thank you for your response captain.

Before the engine, there must be some urgent visual fixes imho.

* There is no glass reflection inside the cocpit

* There is very very very low glass reflection on external body

* External textures are very shiny

* Roof textures inside the cabin are very low resolution

* Default engine sound has nothing to with iconic flap-flap sound (see the video comparison below)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190221

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204468

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221167

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222107

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Woah, wow, wow, wow..... Hold up... What do you mean new engine ? New engine model ? New engine variant ?

Or like you mean re-work on the Huey with a new engine ?

I think its a rework of the Huey engine with a more accurate EGT modelling...it was mentioned a long time ago...it looks like eventually will become true.

C'mon guys he is just saying the Huey's engine is beeing updated revamped for a better operating experience according to real limits data.

Thats all.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi all,

I bought the Huey yesterday and discovered multiple problems with textures:

1) The cockpit colors look dull and washed out when light is directly shining on them

2) The cockpit illumination is wrong. There is light coming from the back of the aircraft through the fuselage and illuminates the panel. The fuselage does not cast shadow on the instrument panels.

3) The beacon light is flashing in the cockpit

4) Their is no glass visible inside or outside. Or there is glass without texture.

5) The tail has different finish than the rest of the fuselage. The fuselage is more shinny.

[...]

If the developer is watching this, can he provide me with a proper answer?

I understand your frustration all too well.

As said before, some of these bugs are general. The fact is, DCS has a great engine and very good modules, but it's more focused on forward development than stabilizing the base. As a consequence, 3rd-parties must often update their modules and repair what is broken with the ever-progressing engine, and most of the problems remain for months or years. I remember posting issues with the UH-1H training missions more than 3 years ago and they were never addressed, the weapon training is still broken AFAIK.

I like DCS but each time I open it, all I see is all the little (and sometimes bigger) things that break down the immersion... which, yeah, makes me bitter sometimes. There are more stable periods, let's hope we get there soon.

To come back on the Huey, I don't know if you have other modules but if you don't, I'd advise to consider "downgrading" to an older and more stable version of DCS, at least for the time being. Check this very useful thread for a list of the versions, and update instructions at the top. If you have DLC for the Huey, make sure it exists in the version you choose.

Is "downdating" a correct term? :huh: Anyway.

Any version prior to 2.5 will have much better performance, especially in Caucasus. If you fly lower, which is usually the case with this helicopter, the new 2.5 engine suffers a lot from the proximity of the trees and, to a lesser extent, the ground, so the performance quickly go down unless you have a very high-end PC. When I was hovering near trees recently, I got much less than 1 FPS in 2.5.3 (no, it's not a typo).

You didn't make a bad choice, by any means, the Huey is a great DCS implementation of this helicopter, probably the best, you should check this two-part review on it:

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/dcs-huey-accuracy-test/

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/dcs-huey-accuracy-test-part-2/

The campaign that comes with it, and even better, the Argo Campaign are both a great help and incentive to master the systems, I highly recommend you try them and learn along the way, with the help of the manual. The official training missions were never finished so I think they aren't worth trying.

For the story, Belsimtek were much more active in the Russian part of the forums, which explains the unanswered problem reports. Now they have merged with ED, we'll see if that improves the feedback in these parts of the forums... Again, until there is an optimization of the engine and an update of the Huey, I'd simply update to an older version of DCS, preferably before 2.5.

EDIT: For a temporary version, I'd probably consider the 1.5 branch ("The Current 1.5 Legacy Build Version is: 1.5.8.13716"), but it mainly depends on which modules you have.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Oh, Wow, ED (I believe Belsimtek is now part of ED) is working on a new engine to address what, the ability of some users to over temp the engine with no consequences? Is that what's preventing developing and releasing what was promised from the beginning; the ability of Co-OP multi-crew? This has the appearance of "Hey, we really don't want to invest in unproductive solutions to issues on products we've already sold, so we'll just keep feeding the whiners little insignificant things to shut them up. We need to put the efforts toward developing new revenue streams (F-4, F-14, P-47, etc.)" I love flying the Huey, and honestly, I couldn't care less about insignificant little things like "the left side of the cockpit is a different hue than the right side" or "the windscreen is dirty, you should remove the bug splatter." I want what Belsimtek promised us from the beginning, or for them to "man up," apologize, and admitt that they can't do it. All I keep seeing is the developers passing the buck and blaming someone or something else for it not getting it done. That is a really crappy way to run a business, and extraordinarily insulting and condescending to the paying customers!

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

And the moaning army strikes back again.

Jeez ¡¡¡

Really? How about they do all these little low-hanging fruit fixes AFTER they incorporate the multiplayer Co-Op positions that they promised more than four years ago, or at least tell us the status of that release? Talk about ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the copilot's seat.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

And the moaning army strikes back again.

Jeez ¡¡¡

The issues raised are real. Why do you feel it is your assigned job to ALWAYS try and minimize the issues DCS has? Always telling users what they feel is not important. Who are you to say what matters to me when it is my money being spent? I see you got 5k+ posts. It seems to me from seeing them most are very much like this one, useless ED defense posts. If we are the moaning army, what the hell does that make you part of? What rank in the army of denial and yes men do you have?

The Huey has issues. Fact. They need to be fixed. Fact. Many have existed for a long long time with no actions/statements to show moving towards fixing them. FACT. Denial of facts does not change them from being facts. No matter how much you have convinced yourself otherwise.

Happy New Year Man!

I´ve said many times this but here we go again.

There are two options.

Help DCS to grow pointing developers into issues, bugs and problems in a positive, constructive way while at the same time, enjoying what we have right now, to keep improving this simulator over time ALL TOGETHER.

Keep bashing, trashing, moaning and complaning all day long at every opportunity, not only against ED and third parties but also getting involved in useless and endeless personal discussions that almost all the time are falling in personal attacks and irrelevance for our common hobby.

I preffer the first option.

With this im not aiming at anyone personally. Im talking about the big picture.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I´ve said many times this but here we go again.

Help DCS to grow pointing developers into issues, bugs and problems in a positive, constructive way while at the same time, enjoying what we have right now, to keep improving this simulator over time ALL TOGETHER.

Help them? You mean like, making threads/posts and pointing out the issues/bugs and problems...kinda like these forums are filled with?

Then what? Wait? For what? For how long? A year to pass..maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe more? Then what? Not even a mention from the devs that needed the 'help' from users to learn about the issues(they are apparently often blind too or simply do not care about) and not act on them?

You know that "I´ve said many times this but here we go again.' line in your edited post is how many feel when seeing the same issues just continue to exist with no sign of or word that a fix is coming. I paid my money, you get that? This stuff ain't free, and few consider it cheap.

Why you feel it is required to try and manage in your amazing style those who have issues with DCS/ED is curious. But you be you. Won't change anything. Other then generate the responses your post in here did bring about. But you seem to enjoy that/this. So, enjoy!

Look, I just want to fly my Huey in DCS's crappy night time environment(a whole nother can of worms you don't want part of) without the freakin strobes and other lighting issues flashin in my cockpit like Spanish disco to BREAK my immersion and cause some I am sure epileptic seizures. Can you understand that? I hope you can, cus if not. That is sad. But I am gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.