Mission editor high RAM usage

iPod_09

Dear ED,

Since 2.5 you gave us a nice ME with a lot of details (structures, roads & paths, rails, topography and other stuff). I've been editing my Persian Gulf theater for quite some time now.

But for the life of me I just don't understand the ressources this thing eats, especially the RAM.

Sometime I can go up to 9 or 10Go RAM in ME while running 5 or 6Go in-flight (on simple light solo missions, 50'000 preload radius) or even 2-3Go (3'000 PR radius).

Why is ME so heavy and inconsistent ?

- While editing, ME crashes a lot, lags and takes sometime a few seconds to save the mission.

- Once the mission is saved a unit would just randomly disappear, along with its flight plan you spent 20 minutes to tune.

- ME takes all my RAM (16Go minus background processes and system) and still manage to use the pagefile like hell. My SSD (this ****er) go up to 80% usage and stays that way even after getting back to menu.

DCS REALLY need a lighter mission editor without these heavy map elements (seriously .png layers would do well enough). Given that dynamically generated missions will never happen, ME is a place one will spend a lot of time in. Better run fast and smooth.

Currently it is a real pain, and I strongly suspect massive memory leaks just about everywhere in DCS.

TL;DR : For the love of F14 please focus on performance fixes rather than planes we cannot fly on missions we cannot create nor run.

Falcon BMS, create mission, right click, set squadron, set target. That's it, flight plan and all. <5 min

Game is 20 years old, just saying.

Edited by kaymelkan

Badoo 4 | iPod