Anyone else's bindings messed up with the new patch 2.5.3.22652?

$80 isnt BETA pricing

Exactly!!

By the way,my bindings messed up with the new patch 2.5.3.22652 too.:mad:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I think people would at least appreciate a heads up from ED so we aren't all running around wondering if this is a bug and caught off guard. I don't expect a heads up for EVERYTHING but this seems to be pretty big change.

Maybe in a newsletter, just say, "We will be making changes in the future to how keybinding is done in DCS in an effort to make it more streamlined, this may impact current keybindings." Then maybe offer a workaround if you want to keep your old keybinds.

Agreed! :thumbup:

Totally disappointed

Me too... I arrived from work now and would take a flight to relax and everything messed up :mad:

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Wasnt it said that we were getting a hotfix monday?

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Well maybe in Two Weeks™

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

$80 isnt BETA pricing

Well, it says "Early Access", so if the price was $8, $80 or $800, you knew it was early access.

Why should $80 not be an early access price? You will get the full module without paying anything extra. You just get the chance to try it out before release.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Well maybe in Two Weeks™

LOL :lol::lol:

Well, it says "Early Access", so if the price was $8, $80 or $800, you knew it was early access. Why should $80 not be an early access price? You will get the full module without paying anything extra. You just get the chance to try it out before release.

I respect your opinion Mr MasterZelgadis, but I agree with Mr milkojohns at this point, this product is proving in all respects to be very pre pre "Early Access" for the cost of $ 80.00 "to get the chance to try it out" as you said, But this is my opinion.

Why do you think you pay the $80 to get it before release? You pay the $80 for the module. Period. ED is kind enough to let you play the current development build because you paid these $80 before release.

Let's say you would have to pay only $40, because only half the features are there. Do you want to pay the rest of the money at release? And if you don't you get a nice "you have to buy this feature" warning, when you try to fire a missile?

I respect your opinion, but you know that it is feature incomplete (because it is labelled "early access".. which is absolutely no indicator for a state the software is in, by the way), and you, you alone can decide whether you want to pay the $80 for the current state or wait and pay the $80 when the software is "complete" (or rather on release, software is never complete).

And anyone, who willingly has decided to pay these $80 for an incomplete software in development, has in my opinion absolutely not the right to complain about bugs or missing features in that piece of software.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

QUOTE]

i can't agree more, well said!

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

Hot fix today seems once again to have trashed up my bindings. I only fixed them all again last week. As before have duplicate assignments, and totally daft assignments (e.g. buttons mapped for Thrustmaster rudder pedals which don't have buttons). Lets hope with the changes in the hotfix FUTURE updates after today won't cause the same problems. Oh well, back to manually setting up the binds AGAIN for all my modules.

ED is kind enough to let you play the current development build because you paid these $80 before release.

Kind enough ?!! We are doing their job to find and point the bugs and you´re saying they are kind enough to let me play after paying $80,00. Sorry, but I do not agree at all.

And as I said before, this product is proving in all respects to be very pre pre "Early Access" and be sure that I will be very careful before purchasing another "Early Access" from ED.

If you changed your input settings before the latest hot fix then you basically saved the messed up settings in your saved games profile for open beta. If you did not change anything then everything would be back to normal. I verified this with my P-51 which I changed but my F-18 I left unchanged and waited for the hot fix. The F-18 worked fine after the hot fix but for the P-51 I had to load my profiles from my released version saved games settings to get it back to normal.

slyfly

Mmmh ... I got a related problem ... I rebound everything yesterday before the hotfix. With the hotfix now the default X and Y axis on my Warthog stick are recognized but constantly flagged as a conflict error ... although nothing else is bound on them. Removing all bindings and rebind does not help. Whenever I bind the pitch and roll axis it marks it in red and they never work in game. This only happens on the Hornet.

The latest hot fix messed up my controls again and my older profiles don't work anymore... Hopefully this doesn't go into release tomorrow.

Same here, again...

I would try temporarily renaming your joystick profile file in saved games and seeing if a new freshly generated file will work. You will have to remap from the default settings. There is more in the profile file that can get corrupted than just the controller settings themselves. If you have backups or copies in the released version saved games you can use those files instead of remapping from defaults.

the files are in User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\Aircraft type\Joystick

slyfly

• ED Team
The latest hot fix messed up my controls again and my older profiles don't work anymore... Hopefully this doesn't go into release tomorrow.

Had you changed or adjusted your profiles after the previous update, or tried one of the workarounds that was floating around? Seems like those that did are having an issue with the update as it reverses the previous issue. Those that didnt are finding no issue with the hotfix.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Had you changed or adjusted your profiles after the previous update, or tried one of the workarounds that was floating around? Seems like those that did are having an issue with the update as it reverses the previous issue. Those that didnt are finding no issue with the hotfix.

I have adjusted my profile since the last update yes, was I supposed to use the imposed keybindings ? Joke appart it's annoying but as long as the next update for the release branch doesn't mess it up, the open beta branch will have served it's purpose well.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I understand it, the imposed profile was removed, but if you made changes based off of that, now you are having issues as that change was reversed, its possible if you backed up your previous profile you can import it.

I'll make new profiles then, yesterday when I redid some keybindings it looked like it was a mix of two profiles (mine and the ED's), some keybinds like head movement weren't deleted when loading my profile. I might have had that when starting the game today which is why it was messed up.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]