Mig-29 updated cockpit looks weird

Well, I meant I made a "fast & dirty" test just to see how it would look adding a bit more of detail but I just touched a few things so not a "cockpit cosmetic mod" by any means...the latest update changed many of these textures so, as you are interested, I decided to re-do the work with a better quality...again, this is not a real cockpit mod nor is a finished thing but I dont have much time lately so Im afraid I cant do more in a while. As its not a proper mod I have upload it in an external server as I dont think its worth a new thread for it. Hope you like it:

1539986229-dcs-2018-10-19-22-17-31-14.jpg

1539986229-dcs-2018-10-19-22-18-01-53.jpg

1539986229-dcs-2018-10-19-22-18-30-03.jpg

Things I made:

-Fixed HUD projector "corruption", baked reflections and adjusted glass material

-Added glass material for the HUD

-Removed (most) of the baked reflections of the hud**

-Added weathering details to the "thing" below the HUD (sorry dont know its name :P)

-Several texture/material changes for the presentation screen

**For some reason, in the last patch textures, it seems like the HUD still having a lot of dirt/reflections on it even when I removed it from the textures, not sure why but I couldnt find any texture else with that baked effects so it does not look as good as i would like but I cant do better now, sorry.

just drop the files in your "MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES.rar" file. (make a back up first)

https://we.tl/t-MWmUVfwMxu

Waterman, I would also like to see your magic :thumbup: Could the glass material on the hud also be applied to the glass covers of gauges like you did for the Mirage?

not sure mate, probably not, as it looks like there is not 3D model (mesh) for them but I might be wrong...

bye mates!

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

Well, I meant I made a "fast & dirty" test just to see how it would look adding a bit more of detail but I just touched a few things so not a "cockpit cosmetic mod" by any means...

Things I made:

-Fixed HUD projector "corruption", baked reflections and adjusted glass material

-Added glass material for the HUD

-Removed (most) of the baked reflections of the hud**

-Added weathering details to the "thing" below the HUD (sorry dont know its name :P)

-Several texture/material changes for the presentation screen

**For some reason, in the last patch textures, it seems like the HUD still having a lot of dirt/reflections on it even when I removed it from the textures, not sure why but I couldnt find any texture else with that baked effects so it does not look as good as i would like but I cant do better now, sorry.

just drop the files in your "MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES.rar" file. (make a back up first)

https://we.tl/t-MWmUVfwMxu

bye mates!

Thanks a lot ... will try it tonight :D

Cheers! ... and thanks again

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
Could someone please upload Mustang's mod files again ? I'm still having this issue on the latest build of beta.

I have them but struggling to attach the file here for some reason...

I preferred the way Mustang's pit looked. :)

Would be great if he could work his magic on the current cockpit textures...………....umm hint. :music_whistling:

Edited by swartbyron

@swartbyron Could you please upload the files somewhere if you have time ?

Ok AxonImpulse, here's a link to Mustang's fix.

I hope it works and I hope he wont mind me re uploading it.

Remember its outdated and that's probably why its no longer available.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yay77kos23t345b/2.5.3_MiG-29_pit.zip?dl=0

Ive included an optional personal fix that I've been using that updates the fuel gauge, telepanel, rwr and canopy sealant to bring it in line with the current stock cockpit. :thumbup:

To be clear its all ED's and Mustangs work and not mine!

Interestingly the new panel flood lighting looks a lot nicer to the eye when using Mustang's textures. :)

Screen_181129_171629.thumb.png.993558953588468aba563c475e9556df.png

Screen_181128_224847.thumb.png.3ceb8163bac6059779a18270cac7d86d.png

Edited by swartbyron

Thank you very much ! It's much, much better visually than the current version.

You're also right about the flood lighting. Maybe it also has something to do with the ambient occlusion layer being enabled for Mustang's textures ?

Thanks again also to Mustang for his great work.

Downloading now to try it out.

EDIT : It seems the folder / zip file is empty. Maybe DROPBOX already deleted the files ? Weird.

Seems I wasn't quick enough to grab it. :(

Capture.thumb.PNG.67de161f46518830af5b2681b013929c.PNG

Edited by AxonImpulse