New Mig29 FM

Mizzy

If this is a 'real' FM or based on real characteristics of the jet, it's a rocket and it out turns anything else. Plus yank the stick back and it goes vertical from low speed. Can this jet really do all this ? Very impressive if it can !!

Mizzy

P.S. Love the new cockpit btw, been waiting forever to see the Mig 29 with a PFM !

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what it did at Waddington, straight up ..but, I was in the air at about 300 kph and pulled back the stick with full AB and it did the same thing at low speed.. I was just wondering what it's thrust to weight ration must me ..Very impressive !

Mizzy

I've been reading all the posts here, but how does it feel now, when dogfighting against other aircraft ?

Does the PFM manage to get the MiG at the enemy's 6 o-clock easier ?

Does it turn better ?

Does it loose speed as fast as before when turning ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Is the pitch up supposed to be this aggressive ? Literally feels like i've got the cobra button pressed all the time on the su27 anyone found a pitch to damp it out a touch?

+1...even with a huge 40% curvature for the pitch axis there is a point in the deflection of the stick at which the pitch goes crazy (pretty much the same as with a linear response)...it's almost impossible to fly it properly.

I try very smoothly to start pulling the stick, there is barely any response, then a little bit more, almost nothing, a bit more and suddenly bang!! crazy pitch!!...no matter the trim, it behaves always the same...dont know if this is due to some kind of system implemented in the real life stick we are missing in our PC gear or what but it just doesnt work fine in the simulation...maybe there could be an alternative way to simulate the force on the stick to counter this crazy behaviour otherwise I dont think it is possible to properly fly it.

Take a look at my MODS here

• ED Team
got the trim but it literally feels like i touch the pitch up and it feels like i've gone full deflection up on the elevators it's a bit weird.

That is key though, I don't think you can ever have the trim, the trim needs to be adjusted all the times, it's very needy in this aspect.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

im also curious if anyone can shed light on aoa limiter behavior? the slabs have a flapping effect -- at 26+ degrees aoa they'll immediately reduce to half deflection before returning to max as soon as aoa drops, which can create a violent rocking/porpoising motion.

Edited by probad

Current PFM of MiG-29 feels like light version of Su-27 with constant ASC on... I need to learn this aircraft again XD, but it's nice to see how it performs on ground... and that finally I can emergency land it with wheels up... and that it doesn't do weird things during stall anymore.

Well... but need to relearn take offs becuase those find harder atm... mainly because of struggling to find sweet spot on joystick to pull nose up not too much... cuz if I do that it means instant cobra haha. Also, idk if that's correct but airbrake doesn't deploy at certain (high) speeds and when center fuselage droptank is loaded.

Stick in cockpit still is in wrong position.

And wondering if MiG-29 had nose wheel steering lock like it is in Su-27, because that would be very helpful. Couldn't find option like that in settings.

Also love removable pylons option.

Thx ED - keep up good work

Couple of questions.

Is there any in-cockpit indication of whether the stick limiter override is on or off?

The default throttle axis travels from 80-100% in about an inch of controller movement, then does nothing for ages, then engages the afterburner at around 70% travel. Is this normal? It seems very constricted. I never had the previous FC3 Mig-29 so this might be just how it is. I've adjusted the throttle axis with a curve but I'd prefer not to.

• ED Team
im also curious if anyone can shed light on aoa limiter behavior? the slabs have a flapping effect -- at 26+ degrees aoa they'll immediately reduce to half deflection before returning to max as soon as aoa drops, which can create a violent rocking/porpoising motion.

From Yo-Yo - "YES, IT WORKS JUST THIS WAY, but as the plane has inertia it works like PWM"

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think the unannounced control presets have been messing around with axis settings, if your having extreme over pitch issues try clearing and rebinding your pitch and roll axis, worked for me and seemed to damp it out a bit i can now set a decent curve and it flies quite lovely. I noticed this when i had the input overlay up i pulled back the stick seemed to noticeably glitch out. Redid the axis and now seems fine.

• ED Team
I heard it can do 1600+ kph on the deck ?(in the sim)

Yes, in clean configuration it's a problem not to exceed Vne in level flight. So, as it has not yet dynamic pressure exceeding punishment you can fly fast... :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Yes, in clean configuration it's a problem not to exceed Vne in level flight. So, as it has not yet dynamic pressure exceeding punishment you can fly fast... :)

Speaking of speed, I was playing one of the quickstart missions (I think the MiG-29S Intercept) and suddenly the velocity meter died and had a red flag over it. Are there some random failures in these missions or there is it possible to damage the pitot tube somehow or perhaps it can freeze in certain conditions? Just not sure what happened there.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• ED Team

I'd like to say some words about this plane.

This is very different plane from all palnes you could fly in DCS.

Some distinctive features and disadvantages:

great acceleration ability - up to 330+ m/s excessive power;

fuel gauge will be your worst nightmare, so manage your energy to use less AB.

Trim behaviour. Very unusual stick movement. At low altitude you need to pull the stick from 0.3 M to transsonic region, then very strong nose-up moment must be counteracted with absolutely crazy forward pressure. So, even low level flight will be a challenge.

12 km acceleration gives more fun from 1.5 M to 2.4M.

No FBW and some hacks instead:

IAS and altitude dependant gear ratio from the stick to stabilator;

AoA dependant additions to the stabilator pitch to add artificial stability at the certain range of AoA.

Very pronouced pitch reaction to thrust changes.

Lateral controllability comes almost to zero at high AoA and very much reduced at high IAS.

Lower AoA before any more or less fast roll, otherwise you are in trouble. Any low level maneuover can be fatal at high AoA because you can not get right bank and level the plane.

Ground effect requires almost full back stick travel to keep landing AoA.

Very interesting and one of the hardest plane to model.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

The throttle feels weird, I think.

@50% Throttle (Thrusmaster Warthog) I am already in the afterburner stage, 10-20% to chill around 80% RPM, 30% and its already over 100% RPM

Completely different from any other plane.

I'd like to say some words about this plane.

This is very different plane from all palnes you could fly in DCS.

Some distinctive features and disadvantages:

great acceleration ability - up to 330+ m/s excessive power;

fuel gauge will be your worst nightmare, so manage your energy to use less AB.

Trim behaviour. Very unusual stick movement. At low altitude you need to pull the stick from 0.3 M to transsonic region, then very strong nose-up moment must be counteracted with absolutely crazy forward pressure. So, even low level flight will be a challenge.

12 km acceleration gives more fun from 1.5 M to 2.4M.

No FBW and some hacks instead:

IAS and altitude dependant gear ratio from the stick to stabilator;

AoA dependant additions to the stabilator pitch to add artificial stability at the certain range of AoA.

Very pronouced pitch reaction to thrust changes.

Lateral controllability comes almost to zero at high AoA and very much reduced at high IAS.

Lower AoA before any more or less fast roll, otherwise you are in trouble. Any low level maneuover can be fatal at high AoA because you can not get right bank and level the plane.

Ground effect requires almost full back stick travel to keep landing AoA.

Very interesting and one of the hardest plane to model.

Yo-Yo, thanks for the additional information. Looking forward to flying tomorrow.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.