Triple Monitor - Rearming window bug

ikonane

Got a fix... I change UIMainView = GUI to UIMainView = Viewports.Center and it works. Make this change in the lua you're using in your monitor setup. Hopefully it works for everyone else.

But if you do that, everything is showing on all three monitors. So comms menu is on the right monitor, comm messages get shown on left monitor. I mean, yes it works but it's just inconvenient, especially after it worked for Months, even Years with the Old Setting of:

UIMainView = 
{
x = 1920;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
aspect = 1920/1080;
}

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Go to your Monitor Setup folder:

DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup

-or-

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\MonitorSetup

open the file that you use, and comment out this line by putting two dashes -- at the beginning:

-- UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

But if you do that, everything is showing on all three monitors. So comms menu is on the right monitor, comm messages get shown on left monitor. I mean, yes it works but it's just inconvenient, especially after it worked for Months, even Years with the Old Setting of:

UIMainView = 
{
x = 1920;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
aspect = 1920/1080;
}

Pick your poison...

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Heya, same here, nothing helps, UIMainView = Viewports.Center is activated

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Go to your Monitor Setup folder:

DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup

-or-

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\MonitorSetup

open the file that you use, and comment out this line by putting two dashes -- at the beginning:

-- UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Sorry but that didn't work for me.

Strange. It worked for me..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

URGENT please

Same here. Used to be that some GUI drop downs called on the centre screen popped up on the left screen where you could at least get to the list without it closing. The latest patch fixed that but not the weapon selection problem where you cannot even get across to the list.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I don't know why this doesn't work for you guys. All I did was comment out the UIMainView line.

See pic below..

3MonitorFix.thumb.jpg.35c977e4c0fdad1dd4893523fbf03cb0.jpg

Thanks it works now.

I edited the wrong file before.

Now I edited the "3Cameras.lua" in "...\SteamGames\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Config\MonitorSetup".

The only down sides is that the menu images are stretched over all three screens and the communication menu is on my furthest right screen instead of to the right of the middle screen.

And well, the F10 menu is stretched as well and shadows are really weird.. :doh:

Edited by ikonane

Thanks it works now.

Now I edited the "3Cameras.lua" in "...\SteamGames\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Config\MonitorSetup".

The only down sides is that the menu images are stretched over all three screens and the communication menu is on my furthest right screen instead of to the right of the middle screen.

And well, the F10 menu is stretched as well and shadows are really weird.. :doh:

Make a backup copy of 3Cameras.lua then add the following to the bottom of the 3Cameras.lua:

GUI =

{

x = screen.width / 3;

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 3;

height = screen.height;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Bit please don't start a conversation on the GUI here, it is covered in many other places.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Thanks it works now.

That can be fixed as well...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159562&highlight=Gamemessages

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Has anyone got 3 screens working with the GUI set to middle monitor only? I have tried everything you all have posted in this thread.

Commenting out "UIMainView = Viewports.Center" does allow the rearming menu to now work. But the GUI is stretched across all three monitors....So then I go in and add

GUI =

{

x = screen.width / 3;

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 3;

height = screen.height;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Now the GUI is set to middle monitor only but the rearming no longer works so I am back to where I started.

If someone does a working monitor setup for 3 screens 5760 x 1080 w/ GUI only in the middle screen. Post your magic please.

But the GUI set to middle monitor only seems to be causing this issue
You are absolutly right. Funny to read that some guys try to fix the Problem by recalling it.

Gesendet von meinem BND-L21 mit Tapatalk

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

My typical monitor setup looks like this:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Tripple Screen Centered GUI');

Description = 'Tripple monitor configuration'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

GUI=

{

x = screen.width/3;

y = 0;

width = screen.width/3;

height =screen.height;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Having the GUI centered seems to be the cause as others have noted. I changed it below and the issue is fixed, but GUI is not centered of course.

UIMainView = Center

I solved this by just moving the GUI to one of my side screens.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Trips MFD');

Description = '3 MFD'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5816;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 5.385;

}

}

F18_LEFT =

{

x = 5816;

y = 0;

width = 820;

height = 822;

}

F18_RIGHT =

{

x = 6913;

y = 0;

width = 822;

height = 822;

}

GUI =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI

this way my GUI isn't stretched over my 3 (actually 4) monitors

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

I did some testing moving the GUI around. The issue is caused as soon as you put a value in for X position other than 0. So you can restrict it to one screen as long as it is your left monitor or whatever your X = 0 position is. So as far as I can tell there is 2 workaround until a fix is dropped by ED.

First option is don't restrict your GUI by commenting out UIMainView = Viewports.Center which will stretch your GUI out across all 3 monitors.

Or use a X = 0; position and it will be restricted to one screen but will be your left screen.

Both of these options are still awkward (at least for me) especially if you use the radio menu frequently like in multiplayer and using CTLD.

Hopefully ED drops a fix soon for it soon.

No luck here fixing it. Anyone from ED have a fix for this PLEASE?

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.