About Messed Joystick Profiles (DCS v2.5.3.22652)

Guys.

You remember ED's poll; What is your primary DCS flight controller?.

I think that according to this poll's results, ED has added new HOTAS profiles into modules' input folders. If you check your aircraft's input folder, you'll see new lua files with today's date. The given bindings in them may be interfering with your own bindings.

I don't know a real solution but you can choose to delete the lua file in input folder but I'm sure it will come back with next DCS update. Some friends report that re-starting DCS will solve the problem but, for some say problem still exists.

You may have to re-bind all keys from scratch.

For example, I'm lucky at this point; I use X-55. No new lua file for Saitek, even the poll's result shows that Saitek is the one of most used HOTASes.

I'm sure there're many users (like me) who suffer from binding troubles for years and years. As I said in another thread, ED didn't find a really proper technique to binding controllers. It's OK for settled modules but it's a huge pain for developing modules.

Thank you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I always backup the configs before upgrading. That's the downside, but acceptable, aspect of beta and early access stuff. I'd *gladly* suffer through the growing pains if it means I don't have to configure pitch/trim for every aircraft. Thanks for the heads up.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Unfortunately this has killed the Ka-50 for me. Several of my ED modules had straight up broken controls. As in they are red and cannot be bound. With my other ED modules I trashed all the crap ED put in the directories and that fixed all except the Ka-50. And the broken options are the unimportant ones... Like:

FIRE CANNON

FIRE WEAPON

TRIMMER

TO NAME A GOD DAMNED FEW!!!

10 bucks says they're going to push this as is to stable. Where will their "hurr durr but muh open beta bruh" excuse be then?

... I'm lucky at this point; I use X-55. No new lua file for Saitek, even the poll's result shows that Saitek is the one of most used HOTASes.

Thanks for the insight ... I’m also among the lucky ones, as I never bind controls within DCS (except the axes), instead I bind them on my Cougar’s software utility ... to DCS my Hotas looks just as a keyboard :D

... but I feel for other not so lucky users :( ... lets hope that this mess is for the better and ED will figure out a better way to pre-bind each aircraft’s controls acording to the Hotas that one owns.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Unfortunately this has killed the Ka-50 for me. Several of my ED modules had straight up broken controls. As in they are red and cannot be bound. With my other ED modules I trashed all the crap ED put in the directories and that fixed all except the Ka-50. And the broken options are the unimportant ones... Like:

FIRE CANNON

FIRE WEAPON

TRIMMER

TO NAME A GOD DAMNED FEW!!!

10 bucks says they're going to push this as is to stable. Where will their "hurr durr but muh open beta bruh" excuse be then?

If you look at the post that's on the top of every forum, you'll see that there is a hotfix coming out to address the issue. So it's not going to be pushed to the GA train.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hopefully the fix tomorrow will correct this issue.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|