Trigger condition: BOMB IN ZONE - does it work?

Gierasimov

Hello,

I am trying to trigger an action upon one simple condition - Bomb in Zone.

I have a zone (60 feet radius called ZONE 1) and it is placed covering a scenery building in the Persian Gulf - an airbase ammo storage to be precise.

My trigger condition is this: BOMB IN ZONE, ZONE1, Mk-84. I fly Hornet there, drop an Mk-84, hit and destroy the target as intended, but the trigger won't activate.

Anybody able to help me understand why is that?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

OK, so I think I misunderstood the meaning of this condition. From what you guys are saying it looks like the trigger checks for the object Mk-84 inside a zone. Since the bomb vanished upon impact, the trigger did not have time to kick in. Is that correct now?

I never used MiST, to be honest, and would need to learn what it is and how it works first.

Is that just some lines of code that I can execute by trigger action do scrip or do I need to load, let's say MiST framework first? I don't really want to complicate my mission in case something changes and the script stops working, you know like for some of the DLC missions that can be destroyed by DCS updates like we have seen multiple times now.

I have been doing the "soldier approach" in the past and I now see that it is the best option (its easy and works = the best).

Thanks for your help guys!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes, that's correct. Every trigger gets checked in a one second interval.

You have to create a trigger at mission start or after 1-2 seconds after mission start and load the mist script file. Then you can use its functions in triggers or own script files.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Yeah, just went into the MiST documentation. Looks useful and nice but all I wanted to do was to set a flag once the building is hit. MiST script file looks over 7000 lines of code and then there is a mist.flagFunc.mapobjs_dead_zones a function that just looks like what I need, but... 7000 lines of code just to get that one silly condition evaluated as true is a huge cannon shooting at a sparrow to me.

Thanks guys anyway, a new bucket of knowledge in my brain now.

I use a bomb in zone trigger in my latest mission, but for a LUU-2, which obviously falls a lot slower. Works fine, but I tested only in Stable, not OB.

If this is yet another feature they just break after I implemented it in a mission, I'm done with mission building...

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

You don't need to memorize all 7000 lines of code, just load the framework and run the example code from the wiki with the zone name(s) set to your choice.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/MIST_Mapobjs_dead_zones

If you're not willing to dive into lua land you can always just put a single infantry unit, set him as invisible with restricted ROE and alarm state, and check if he's dead.

I am trying this tonight...

You don't need to memorize all 7000 lines of code, just load the framework and run the example code from the wiki with the zone name(s) set to your choice.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/MIST_Mapobjs_dead_zones

If you're not willing to dive into lua land you can always just put a single infantry unit, set him as invisible with restricted ROE and alarm state, and check if he's dead.

Nah, the building is too large for a single unit so I would need to surround it with a bunch and make them invisible. Works. I am not stopping there though and just about to start testing the MIST thing.

During my testing, I was able to trigger the BOMB IN ZONE but I had to drop my bombs right in the centre of that zone. I managed to do it once only though :)

Thanks for your help feefifofum.

With all your help I was able to achieve the goal and now understand the idea behind MiST. Works perfectly! Once again, thank you all who participated in this thread.