Afterburner sound absent

MiG21bisFishbedL

Since the update, the afterburner's sound has either disappeared or balanced a lot lower than before. Engine sound still works, but the moment you hit stage 1, it goes unrealistically quiet.

This is externally, however. In cockpit, it's just fine.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Can confirm. Was just fooling around in external view (F2) on the runway after a landing, and noticed that when I engaged AB, it went really quiet. In F3 view and letting the Viggen continue down the runway, I started to hear something.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I've noticed in the debriefing that I have a lot of "engine shutdown" and "engine startup" messages, in mid air, that is! It turns out that the "engine shutdown" is correlated with engaging the afterburner, "engine startup" appears when disengaging it. Probably related to this?

I've noticed in the debriefing that I have a lot of "engine shutdown" and "engine startup" messages, in mid air, that is! It turns out that the "engine shutdown" is correlated with engaging the afterburner, "engine startup" appears when disengaging it. Probably related to this?
Can confirm this.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I got that in the Fishbed, too, after a supersonic hop from Beslan to Nalchik. I'll have to try some other aircraft to see if I reproduce it there, too.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!