Additional Call sign mod

Airogue

Has anyone tackled this topic? I would like to add callsigns, and I recorded some new ones. I also found where they are all stored (quite a bit of overlap there too). But I'd like to make them select-able options with the AI able to call them out via the new wav files.

I figure someone who's much smarter than I would have tackled this problem long ago.

I also can't believe the callsign list hasn't grown. It seems simple enough. Attached is the list of call signs I recorded

attachment.php?attachmentid=195711&d=1539218306

Current call sign list proposed - 14 OCT 2018

Original:

New Addition possabilities:

Ace

Air Force

American

Angel

Backy

Badger

Bandit

Bogey

Cannon

Chaos

Charger

Cheetah

Chief

Chinook

Coast Guard

Cobra

Commando

Cowboy

Crate

Dagger

Devil

Dracula

Eagle

Falcon

Gash

Gassr (sp?)

Ghost

Goose

Hawk

Herc

Hornet

Iceman

Ivan

Jackal

Jammer

Janet

Jill

Jody

Jurassic

Justice

Kiowa

Lifter

Marine

Maverick

Mustang

Navy

Owl

Pedro

Piedmont

Raleigh

Raven

Rawhide

Peach

Reaper

Reckless

Rescue

Rodeo

Rolex

Rotor

Sentry

Snake

Soda

Spark

Speed

Stud

Tacamo (sp? Tacoma?)

Taco

Talon

Trump

Vampire

Viper

Watch

Angry Devil

Apex

Battle Axe

Bengal

Blade

Bookie

Brag

Bud

Bull

Burner

Bush

Cannon

Chaos (duplicate)

Charger

Chippy

Cobra (duplicate)

Coors

Dust Off

Daggar

Deacon

Dice

Dragon

Falcon (duplicate)

Ferrari

Flush

Gambler

Gator

Goat

Great White

Half Moon

Hatchet

Havoc

Hawk (duplicate)

Heavy

Hellcat

Hooter

Jackpot

Jaguar (duplicate from original)

Jazzy

Killer

King

Labatts

Laser

Lucky

Madcat

Mako

Milk Run

Miller

Misty

Mongoose

Moonshine

Nickle

Night Watch

Night Owl

Poker

Pony

Python

Raptor

Rattler

Razor

Reaper

Rooster

Scrape

Shark

Slayer

Slot

Spear

Stinger

Stormy

Strut

Sword

Tophat (chosen over topcat, too close in sound, could cause confusion)

Vegas

Venom

Venture

Viking

Viper

Yonkers

Zinger

Edited by Airogue
adjusting the list

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS World\Scripts\Database\DB_callnames.lua is where you can modify the list. Its pretty easy to do. The problematic aspect is that it breaks integrity check.

Also need to make the audio files for AWACS, Tankers, ATC, etc. It works without it, but the log would fill with errors if sound files arent found.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

DCS World\Scripts\Database\DB_callnames.lua is where you can modify the list. Its pretty easy to do. The problematic aspect is that it breaks integrity check.

Also need to make the audio files for AWACS, Tankers, ATC, etc. It works without it, but the log would fill with errors if sound files arent found.

I found the individual folders for each, AWACS, Tankers, ATC, etc. I just didn't know what .lua to modifiy. It does suck that it would break integrity checks though. It makes it less adoptable without product release support.

Would it be something the community could develop and maybe ED could test integration with a future release? I totally get they are resource strapped with other projects, but I see on a regular basis how this community supports the game through their own time and effort. Just a thought. And it's a win win for all parties.

I'd want to record these to be a better "radio like" effect if it went official release, but I think we could come up with a list of an extra 30 to 40 new call signs that would really work well.

Here are two resources. Community could even vote on their favs haha.

http://www.udxf.nl/MCL.pdf -MILITARY CALLSIGN LIST as of 1 September 2018

http://www.the-guide.nl/callsign/ - 12000+ call signs from USA and Europe

I found the individual folders for each, AWACS, Tankers, ATC, etc. I just didn't know what .lua to modifiy. It does suck that it would break integrity checks though. It makes it less adoptable without product release support.

Would it be something the community could develop and maybe ED could test integration with a future release. I totally get they are resource strapped with other projects, but I see on a regular basis how this community supports the game through their own time and effort. Just a thought. And it's a win win for all parties.

I'd want to record these to be a better "radio like" effect if it went official release, but I think we could come up with a list of an extra 30 to 40 new call signs that would really work well.

Here are two resources. Community could even vote on their favs haha.

http://www.udxf.nl/MCL.pdf -MILITARY CALLSIGN LIST as of 1 September 2018

http://www.the-guide.nl/callsign/ - 12000+ call signs from USA and Europe

Would it be something the community could develop and maybe ED could test integration with a future release? I totally get they are resource strapped with other projects, but I see on a regular basis how this community supports the game through their own time and effort. Just a thought. And it's a win win for all parties.

Donno, would have to contact someone actually at ED like Nineline or Wags. It really is mostly down to creating the audio files and getting people to voice stuff. The problem being that original voice actors aren't available for the assorted voices, so any new voice wouldn't match exactly. Also don't know what all might change whenever they get around to doing new ATC.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Wow, I'm psyched about the response this has received. I think this would be a great project, and I don't mind providing recordings.

I think it needs to be multi-phased, with the first iteration just being two new call signs. The number of files needing updating when just adding one can add up quick. It's easier, like Grimes said if you don't care if they sound different - and I think that's where we start.

First audios I will use are Gator and Mako. I'm trained pilot, not a coder so I will see what I can fumble through haha. If anyone find a solid way, please post. I will also try to take a bunch of screen shots and share on here to create the discussions.

First attempt success - Here is the simple work flow I tried.

1. Copied the two file names into the .lua - DCS World\Scripts\Database\DB_callnames.lua

example:

local callsignsAircraft = makeTable({_('Enfield'),        'Enfield',    },
                                   {_('Springfield'),    'Springfield',},
                                   {_('Uzi'),            'Uzi',        },
                                   {_('Colt'),            'Colt',        },
                                   {_('Gator'),        'Gator',    },
                                   {_('Mako'),            'Mako',        },    

2. copied the desired files that had matching names "Gator", "Mako", located in my documents folder

3. located every location that the US call signs were saved:

DCSWorld\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common

then in each folder:

Allied Flight

ATC

AWACS

JTAC

Player

Tanker

In side of each of those folders there is a "callsign" folder, except Allied Flight, that one has countries, then in the case of USA, 1; 2; 3; folders, for 3 different voices saying the same thing. 1, 2, 3, each have a callsign folder within them. Copy the audio file to each of those folders.

I'll post corresponding images to each step for clarification.

Upon finishing, I tested it in game. DCS didn't like SnagIt so I will find a way to get screenshots from in game, but to test I went to mission editor, created a F-5E flight, as player. The call sign list included Gator and Mako. I selected mako. I spawned in, and then called ATC for landing at Nellis. The player voice used my audio "Mako", then ATC's response used the same audio calling back "Mako", so it seemed like a solid test.

Now, what did I break in the process haha...

The fun part begins now, phase two, I need to create audio files with a more "similar" sound to the actual radio. I'd also like to change the tone so that ATC and flights don't sound identical.

2018-10-11_15-00-29.png.652c40fae26d9ffffac754e51c022811.png

2018-10-11_15-06-11.png.71bc40a7058fa091624351adc63b4aba.png

2018-10-11_15-08-47.png.1aa9873e2609217ff1f95b558fe53d92.png

2018-10-11_15-09-24.png.5051fb4dfd92f854c851652bbb705fb0.png

2018-10-11_15-10-36.png.73bfcf0785dc7f4e4825d5c801dbe4c1.png

First attempt success - Here is the simple work flow I tried.

1. Copied the two file names into the .lua - DCS World\Scripts\Database\DB_callnames.lua

example:

local callsignsAircraft = makeTable({_('Enfield'),        'Enfield',    },
                                   {_('Springfield'),    'Springfield',},
                                   {_('Uzi'),            'Uzi',        },
                                   {_('Colt'),            'Colt',        },
                                   {_('Gator'),        'Gator',    },
                                   {_('Mako'),            'Mako',        },    

2. copied the desired files that had matching names "Gator", "Mako", located in my documents folder

3. located every location that the US call signs were saved:

DCSWorld\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common

then in each folder:

Allied Flight

ATC

AWACS

JTAC

Player

Tanker

In side of each of those folders there is a "callsign" folder, except Allied Flight, that one has countries, then in the case of USA, 1; 2; 3; folders, for 3 different voices saying the same thing. 1, 2, 3, each have a callsign folder within them. Copy the audio file to each of those folders.

I'll post corresponding images to each step for clarification.

Upon finishing, I tested it in game. DCS didn't like SnagIt so I will find a way to get screenshots from in game, but to test I went to mission editor, created a F-5E flight, as player. The call sign list included Gator and Mako. I selected mako. I spawned in, and then called ATC for landing at Nellis. The player voice used my audio "Mako", then ATC's response used the same audio calling back "Mako", so it seemed like a solid test.

Now, what did I break in the process haha...

The fun part begins now, phase two, I need to create audio files with a more "similar" sound to the actual radio. I'd also like to change the tone so that ATC and flights don't sound identical.

Great start Airogue! I'm in! 90 callsigns inbound! WAV files generation one are done. Inputs to lua file underway …

As for extra callsign requests … post 'em. However, I see I already had many of them already.

There is one major problem with this as I see it. The Mission Editor pull-down menu for callsigns is massive as a result of this "mod". It will not pass integrity check and online play could be affected as well. More testing this weekend ...

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sound good Backy. Can you post a list of the call signs you have done? I can try to record another voice of the same ones that way ATC and flight have different voices.

I totally get the list problem. Maybe we should limit it to 25 of our favorites. Also, we can add new ones for ground and AWACs units. There must be a way to add voices specific to countries as well, like Sweeden's "Gator" as mentioned above. There is a french accent already...

Here's a link to a zip file on my google drive for you to download some I've recorded if interested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lKs4rI3CJfhonNGD_Bkd4Bx5lOt2oNrn

Edited by Airogue

Outstanding Guys I too am tired of Enfield and Colt. +10000000 on this if you need a tester Im here for ya....

Taylor,

I've got you covered with Badger, which was also the 95th AS C-130 callsign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh man that would be awesome!

You can take screenshots using the Print Screen key on your keyboard.

They'll be stored in C:\Users\Your Username\Saved Games\DCS World\ScreenShots

You can use Audacity to add a "

".

Requesting

for JTAC units.

Keep it up :thumbup:

Edited by Eight Ball

Oh man that would be awesome!

You can take screenshots using the Print Screen key on your keyboard.

They'll be stored in C:\Users\Your Username\Saved Games\DCS World\ScreenShots

You can use Audacity to add a "

".

Requesting

for JTAC units.

Keep it up :thumbup:

Will include with V1.1 … Will play with radio effect, thanks for link!

Edited by Backy 51

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The big job is recreating the voices because every voice for every unit would need changed. The voices have to be record and then edit for length and effects, and that is every single wav file in the sim; not just the callsigns or it will not match.

Its very easy to add callsigns.

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I'm interested in doing this if we have various voice actors.

I'll help do this because the sounds are very out dated.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

sound good Backy. Can you post a list of the call signs you have done? I can try to record another voice of the same ones that way ATC and flight have different voices.

I totally get the list problem. Maybe we should limit it to 25 of our favorites. Also, we can add new ones for ground and AWACs units. There must be a way to add voices specific to countries as well, like Sweeden's "Gator" as mentioned above. There is a french accent already...

Here's a link to a zip file on my google drive for you to download some I've recorded if interested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lKs4rI3CJfhonNGD_Bkd4Bx5lOt2oNrn

Record your stuff in mono

requesting "Blade"