Additional Call sign mod

Airogue

BoneDust and all people making such great mods or adds.

Just want to drop few words.

Few words to say thank you.

When i see all that community work ,i just can be so thankful.

Thank you thank you thank you x 10000000.

Can't wait anymore to hear it, in my DCS.

Keep the good work.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly yeah. I've never tested it fully, but I'm fairly certain that is how the file structure is setup for audio.

@GRIMES,

So mimic the structure like the ...\\Common\Allied Flight\USA\(subfolders 1,2 & 3). I'm guessing subfolders 1,2, & 3 each represent a separate "voice" for the Allied Flight radio sounds?

For example, if we want multiple JTAC "voices" we could create:

… \\Common\JTAC\1 for the default, 2 for first "new voice", 3 for second "new voice", etc.

How exactly are the new JTAC voices in the example above used in game? Is it a random selection by a specific game lua code? I'm thinking that right now in an unmodified state, when I select any JTAC C/S in the ME; they all use the same voice, correct?

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was able to convince my wife to do voice overs for me, so I have the tanker finished, and I'll have her as ATC later today. I've also added quite a few callsigns, but will wait until the group meets to see what we are going to include.

Sample of my wife at tanker.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

This is amazing Airoge. Of all the mods out there, this one should top the lot. BoneDust, your wifes voice is perfect, great relaxed sound. I would love my callsign in there but will wait until later as you have so much work to do. "Foinaven" by the way. Might be stretching it a bit ha ha......Foy n ayven ??????

Edited by tmansteve

Thanks for the encouragement.

I believe we are meeting today to put a plan together and to discuss callsigns. My guess is there will not be any personal callsigns. I used mine as a sample only. Perhaps in the future Ed may want to look at a small fee for folks to have their personal callsign included; but that's just a thought for Ed and it would be a challenge using voice actors who may not be available later on.

cheers

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Just a thought to add a little realism to DCS. The disengage message. Ask your wife to put a "Have a nice Day" at the end.

I agree with the above. She did a great job.

It doesn't work because if you fall off the hose it would say it.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

I will have 3 ATC voice completed this evening.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

For true realism, remember, flights were given callsigns that differe from pilot call signs.

For example - first flight of the day may be Venom 01, and it might be a two ship so Venom 01 and Venom 02. Second flight may be Venom 11, etc.

Similarly, if it's the next day, and say we have 5 lines possible, and Venom 4 and Venom 5 are up, Venom 1 might be taking off again, and each time it's a different plane and pilot. It's the "line" or "flight" that gets the call sign.

So Maverick could be flying Venom 41 ;-) Clear as mud?

Venom may be a F15, but Demon is also an F-15, just different squadron. Or sometimes Havoc and Chaos are the same squadron, but different areas of responsability (North vs South AO). Etc or different missions types, one on CAP other on CAS.

Bone, that sounds great. That's exactly what I expect for phase 2. You guys are killing it. I really hope we find a way to include many different voices, or maybe a way to set certain "characters" for say, ATC at a field.

When I fly, I often deal with the same ATC if it's the same shift. You kind of get to know their voice and personalities, and expectations.

Bone, that sounds great. That's exactly what I expect for phase 2. You guys are killing it. I really hope we find a way to include many different voices, or maybe a way to set certain "characters" for say, ATC at a field.

When I fly, I often deal with the same ATC if it's the same shift. You kind of get to know their voice and personalities, and expectations.

I'm hoping someone from ED can provide us some guidance for things like how the sim knows which voice to use, or if there are features we can activate that are not currently used. I haven't attempted the callsigns yet until we have a list that we want to put in. Let's not get crazy with the number because there's a lot of wav files that need changed and or added. We can discuss the limit on Discord whenever you guys want to get together. I can build and installer once we are finished. I don't like unzipping files so I always build installers to keep is easy for users.

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

I'm hoping someone from ED can provide us some guidance for things like how the sim knows which voice to use, or if there are features we can activate that are not currently used. I haven't attempted the callsigns yet until we have a list that we want to put in. Let's not get crazy with the number because there's a lot of wav files that need changed and or added. We can discuss the limit on Discord whenever you guys want to get together. I can build and installer once we are finished. I have unzipping files so I always build installers to keep is easy for users.

Installers are nice, but some power users may not want to clutter up their Windows Apps & Features list. I believe we can offer both methods and let the user decide which method is best for their personal situation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sent Discord invite to Air and Backy, Team members please pm me your Discord names and Ill send invite to the channel thats good for 24 hrs.. PM me your names guys. Thanks

Update all Team Members sent the invite for Discord

Edited by uscstaylor

BTW you should be able to create alternative voice sets for different roles.

For example within DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound\RUS\Common\ATC there are 4 subfolders for 4 different Russian ATC voice overs. You should be able to mimic the same behavior for every speaker type in game rather than wholesale replace whatever is already there.

So move the default ATC into a folder named 1, then add modded stuff into 2, 3 etc.

Is there some scripting that needs done?

I currently have 3 voice actors completed for ATC and all three voice are mixed into the comms.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Is there some scripting that needs done?

I currently have 3 voice actors completed for ATC and all three voice are mixed into the comms.

FYI,

I put the default Tanker voice in folder 1 and your better half's voice in folder 2. Put two tankers in the air and checked in with each. First tanker created used voice 1 and second tanker used voice 2. I'm guessing a third tanker could use a third voice if created.

Cheers,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys all invites were sent out for the Team members so far. Me and Backy touched base but we'd like to hold our 1st official Team discord meeting next Sunday night 21st say 8pm EST does that sound good. We can discus things about this mod and where to go from here. We have 4 team members involved so far.

I've only got one voice for the tanker right now. Its ATC that's using all 3 voices at once.

Yep, 8pm est works

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png