Additional Call sign mod

Airogue

I'll do my best to be available. I will keep Discord open most of the time I'm on, so we can touch base. Like I mentioned, I have time, just not a good schedule of it due to my flexing work.

Here's the call signs I recorded previously. It's not great, just for some testing and learning. Recorded open mic'd from my laptop sitting in a conex so could be better haha, but it gives it a fairly good "radio" reverb.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lKs4rI3CJfhonNGD_Bkd4Bx5lOt2oNrn

These are just call signs, no additional scripts re-recorded yet. There may be some that Backy's does have, but I know there are some duplicates. Like you said Bone, I'd like to get an actual list together of all the "first gen" call signs so we can have multiple voices read for them.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not get crazy with the number

I agree, and I even think the current list we have is a bit heavy.

I'd like us to look at the list that is assembled (I've added it to the first post) that contains all of Backy's and the recordings I made, plus the ones requested on here.

Some criteria I think we should consider in narrowing down the list is Realism and possible, followed by usability and pronunciation, and lastly theme (ie. the themed call signs like beer: Bud, Coors, Miller, Labatts. Like Texaco, Shell, Exxon for tankers)

Our list should be 50 for aircraft. 5 for AWACs. 5 for Refuel. 5 for JTAC (they have a lot already but if we are going to re-record, it's not a lot of extra work to just add call signs).

All the wav files need recorded first, and then the callsigns once we have a callsign list promulgated because the voices have to match or it will sound odd. The callsign recordings that some guys have already made are useless if they do not record the other wav files such as digits, numbers and messages for each unit like AWACS, JTAC, Player, Tanker, ATC that their voice will be associated with.

The only voices that need redone are the ones that use callsigns. I have 3 voices recorded for ATC and 1 for the Tanker with some callsigns added for testing (most are Canadian because I am a Canuck :) ). Once we have the call sign list I can complete those voices and someone else can pick up the JTAC (2-3 voices), Player (2-3), one more ATC, AWACS (2-3) and 1-2 more Tanker voices. Wingman voices are ok because they do not have callsign wav files.

I think 2-3 voices for each unit is enough to manage and get in the sim because we need a total of 20 people to do 4 different voices for each platform if we want each platform to have different voices; that's going to be difficult if not impossible to achieve. I think we need to set minimal realistic goals and get those done within a reasonable time line (Nov 15 for beta). We can add other voices later if voice actors volunteer. So, my suggestion is:

Promulgate a callsign list via PM this week (we are doing the work so we choose what goes in initially).

Modify the callsign lua and give it to the team members this week (by Friday)

Record all the wav files for AWACS, JTAC, PLAYER, ATC (3 completed), TANKER (1 completed)

2-3 voices per unit. Completion (Nov 15)

Beta should be ready to test by (Nov 15)

The time line is reasonable. It only take a few minutes to record, and about an hour to apply effects etc. I'm not prepared to work on this for months, so I'd like to get my portion done within by Nov 15th; which I can have it done today if I have a callsign list.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

list of all Italian callsigns.

2° Gruppo - LYRA

8° Gruppo - LASER

9° Gruppo - DARDO

10° Gruppo - PICCA

12° Gruppo - STRALE

13° Gruppo - FALCO

14° Gruppo - NIBBIO

18° Gruppo - BRANDY

20° Gruppo - LEO

23° Gruppo - VELTRO

50° Gruppo - VEGA

71° Gruppo - PERSEO

81° Gruppo - GRANNY

82° Gruppo - PALMA

83° Gruppo - LORD

84° Gruppo - DUFFY

85° Gruppo - LEONE

86° Gruppo - SPADA

88° Gruppo - DAGA

98° Gruppo - LUPO

101° Gruppo - LAMPO

102° Gruppo - LUCE

103° Gruppo - GUIZZO

132° Gruppo - GRAPPA

154° Gruppo - FRECCIA

155° Gruppo - PANTE

156° Gruppo - LINCE

207° Gruppo - BRUNO

208° Gruppo - SAMBA

212° Gruppo - BIANCO

213° Gruppo - VERDE

311° Gruppo - SPERA

313° Gruppo - PONY (Frecce Tricolori)

604^ Squadriglia - SEAGULLS

605^ Squadriglia - SAETTA

606^ Squadriglia - DIAVOLO

609^ Squadriglia - JOLLY

632^ Squadriglia - FENICE

636^ Squadriglia - MARTE

637^ Squadriglia - GHOST

650^ Squadriglia - GLADIO

651^ Squadriglia - BOXER

670^ Squadriglia - SPEEDY

Squadriglia Linate - MONTE

Sq.Perdasdefogu - VERRO

510° Fighter Sqdn - BUZZARD (F16 Aviano)

555° Fighter Sqdn - NICKEL (F16 Aviano)

BCO5 - GARGOYLE

GRUPAER - WOLF

Nave Garibaldi - KING

GRUPELICOT1 - COSTA(antisom-antinave)/SHARK

GRUPELICOT2 - PRORA

GRUPELICOT3 - GANCIO

GRUPELICOT4 - RANDA(antisom-antinave)/PANTERA

GRUPELICOT5 - BITTA(antisom-antinave)/GUNNY

1AVES - NUBE

Carabinieri - FIAMMA

Guardia di Finanza - VOLPE(elicotteri)/GRIFO(aerei)

Guardia Costiera - KOALA(elicotteri)/ORCA(aerei)

Polizia - POLI

Pompieri - DRAGO

Edited by Xilon_x

For true realism, remember, flights were given callsigns that differe from pilot call signs.

For example - first flight of the day may be Venom 01, and it might be a two ship so Venom 01 and Venom 02. Second flight may be Venom 11, etc.

Similarly, if it's the next day, and say we have 5 lines possible, and Venom 4 and Venom 5 are up, Venom 1 might be taking off again, and each time it's a different plane and pilot. It's the "line" or "flight" that gets the call sign.

So Maverick could be flying Venom 41 ;-) Clear as mud?

Sort of correct ... the SPINS from the ATO details call signs. I won’t delve further into that arena. The Comm Card can be built with any call sign we want for training flights. The Mission Planner usually creates those via the Comm Card. In DCS, the Mission Builder via the Mission Editor picks the call signs for the Mission/Campaign.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've only got one voice for the tanker right now. Its ATC that's using all 3 voices at once.

Yep, 8pm est works

Try grouping your 3 ATC voices into folders named 1, 2, and 3 under ATC. I’m betting the behavior would be as each ATC is contacted from base to base, the voices will automatically cycle based on the order they are set up in the ME. A simple test mission can check this “theory”.

I agree on culling the callsign list. I slapped those 90 together to stick something on the wall and to find out how the ME would behave with such a large number. I think 3-5 new voices for ATC, JTAC, AWACS and Tankers is sufficienct for beta 1.0. I’d also like to limit the callsigns to 1-2 per aircraft type for BLUE forces initially.

I believe that many DCS users, whether SP or MP, will desire their own custom callsign lists. That is beyond the scope of what we need at this time. However, we will provide them with a good foundation to pursue further development either jointly or for their own personal requirements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, that's how its setup, but its not randomizing if I call different airfields. I sorted out most of the voice mixing.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

3 ATC voices in. Now, to fine tune them and record new callsigns

Yes, the folder concept works. I forgot that I didn't have all the voices recorded, so what happens is the system uses another voice; lets say you don't have the number 5 recorded the system will use whatever voice has the number 5 wav file. Now that I have all 3 voices fully installed it works very well.

Now, I need to fine tune it for speed and get the new callsigns.

Yes, the folder concept works. I forgot that I didn't have all the voices recorded, so what happens is the system uses another voice; lets say you don't have the number 5 recorded the system will use whatever voice has the number 5 wav file. Now that I have all 3 voices fully installed it works very well.

Now, I need to fine tune it for speed and get the new callsigns.

Good to know. I plan to build an Excel list of phrases/words to help expedite production of wave files via voice actor or robo-voice. This would obviously mimic the directory structure of the speech/sound folders.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did some work on the voice speed. One voice had the speed increased a little more than the other two; I'm trying to keep a little variation.

Good to know. I plan to build an Excel list of phrases/words to help expedite production of wave files via voice actor or robo-voice. This would obviously mimic the directory structure of the speech/sound folders.

Cool. Do we have voice actors for Player, JTAC etc?

Question for ED. Is there a way we can script the ATC so it will give bearing and range in this format - heading 1-2-6 for "thirty. Ranges are given in actual range so it would be 30 not 3-0. That is to prevent confusion between bearing and range.

cheers

Any News on this thing being able to pass an integrity check for online? Or is it going to be strictly for offline play? Also still willing to lend a hand in anyway that yall may need.

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

Any News on this thing being able to pass an integrity check for online? Or is it going to be strictly for offline play? Also still willing to lend a hand in anyway that yall may need.

I'm not sure bud. Haven't checked it yet.

If individual severs allow the mod on their servers, then you can use it for online use. They just need to have it installed on their server machine and accept mods. Most squadrons have their own pilots and servers setup for this type of thing. Im sure that's how it works..