cannot see left and right side button columns on MPCDs

dmatsch

The center UFC covers up the left-most buttons on the right MPCD and the right-most buttons on the left MPCD. I have to bind the "lean left" and "lean right" controls to see them, losing a control spot on my HOTAS.

I don't do VR yet, and no Track-IR, so this makes the workload a bit harder when you're being shot at.

Anyone else see this? I don't see it being reported at all, so I must have some setting incorrect.

I've tried to upload a screnshot from Chuck's guide, page 8. Don't know if that worked, but just click the link and go to page 8.

This is unfortunatly because of the layout of the real cockpit. Since you have no means of moving your head you have this issue. It’s kind of up to you to figure out some way of moving your head. I’d suggest TrackIR tbh.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

What I do is just remember where the buttons are and click through the caution and advisory lights. Also if I need to move my head I just double click the middle mouse button to lean left or right.

I didn't know you could click through the warning lights. Good info.

I'll also try binding left/right lean to mouse buttons. Also good info.

Thanks.