Virpil T50 several problems with the Z axis

bmbpdk

Hi, i just recieved my T50 + base today and i have a few problems with the Z axis.

1: Its jumping on the VPC Joystic Mapper Tool without any input from me

2: Its so sensitive that after 3-5mm it reach 100%

3: I have to push it back out for it to go back to zero, like the spring is not installed correctly.

4: Halfway in button 19 activates without me feeling anything, is that normal?

Anybody have a solution or have the same problems?

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Yes, it is normal for that button to activate on the paddle lever. You get both an axis and button press.

Did you calibrate this with the Virpil software? ( do not try calibrate with Windows).

You mean you have to push the lever back out, it does not go out on it's own? If so yes that likely a spring issue.

If so I would contact Virpil support on that.

support@virpil.com

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes, it is normal for that button to activate on the paddle lever. You get both an axis and button press.

Did you calibrate this with the Virpil software? ( do not try calibrate with Windows).

You mean you have to push the lever back out, it does not go out on it's own? If so yes that likely a spring issue.

Thanks for the answer, i have been trouble shooting for 6 hours now, because i just dont understand the VPC Configurator Light software.

The brake lever only goes some of the way back out, making the axis going nuts jumping up and down, exactly like a broken sensor or worn out sensor.

I have to push the lever all the way out to prevent that.

And the brakelever only works the first 3-5mm on the axis, leaving more than half of the travel useless, and its kinda annoying that you cannot feel the button, it activates around halfway on the axis.

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

My x and y axis does not move at all so i cant do that, and at the "Axis" screen "Link Error" says 4-5.

What is link error, the manual does not say anything about them or im blind as a bat.

Where does the setting gets saved to?

Internal in the joystick?

Ok, it seems it is ok now.

I followed the guide you posted, no luck...

Then i thought; "F*ck it", i took a cup of coffee, had something to eat and took a short walk.

I came back, did the exact same thing, and voila, it works now.

Apparently i missed something or misclicked before.

But i works, so thank you.

Ok, it seems it is ok now.

I followed the guide you posted, no luck...

Then i thought; "F*ck it", i took a cup of coffee, had something to eat and took a short walk.

I came back, did the exact same thing, and voila, it works now.

Apparently i missed something or misclicked before.

But i works, so thank you.

:thumbup:

That's great - but if your paddle lever does not go back out fully on it's own that is still not right. I would contact support if that is the case.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Keep in mind how the VPC Software works. U dont even need a driver for your stick.

You load the burned information from the joystick. U change values... maybe load a new profile... maybe calibrate your axis by just moving them all around..

...and all of this stuff you burn back to the joysticks firmware. And u never need the VPC again. If u don't want to change something.

:thumbup:

That's great - but if your paddle lever does not go back out fully on it's own that is still not right. I would contact support if that is the case.

Yeah, something is wrong with that, will contact Virpil tomorrow or over the weekend

Keep in mind how the VPC Software works. U dont even need a driver for your stick.

You load the burned information from the joystick. U change values... maybe load a new profile... maybe calibrate your axis by just moving them all around..

...and all of this stuff you burn back to the joysticks firmware. And u never need the VPC again. If u don't want to change something.

Thank you :thumbup: