How to gathering a group to one ?

jef32

Hi

I have some missions downloaded here, in the user's file section and on these missions, with the ME, if I select one object, that's validating several objects. I can delete them in one click if I want. I would like to know how making that because what I want to do, is creating big flock of cows or sheeps ( with the mod "animals" https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217299") without having to place them one by one in the fields of the caucasus. And one big gathered group needs surely less memory than one by one.

A ride that I love to make is going to Batumi, departing from Tbillissi with the SA-342, following the rivers towards the west from Mtskheta, and I would find more realistic to see some flocks of farming pets.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Place a unit and select the desired type. You will see "UNIT 1 of 1" in the menu on the right side of the screen. Click the arrow next to "of 1" to increase the number of units in the group. Each subsequent unit will inherit the properties of the previous unit unless you change them manually. I.E. place one cow, the next unit will also be a cow unless you change it. Clicking and dragging the first unit of a group will move the entire group, so be sure the first unit is where you want it. You can freely move subsequent units.

Great thanks

I'll try immediatly !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Ok, I've seen what you mean. I didn't find because I was using the cows since the static section.

But Ok, if I do like you're saying, can I save all the group as just one, to duplicate it at other places or in other missions ?

Yes, you can create a template of your herd using the toolbar on the left side. :thumbup:

Great thanks

I'd never try, that runs ! :thumbup:

I don't think they would have a better performance, if all the models are in a group rather than single ones. Especially with static objects, you can just click on them, press ctrl-c, click somewhere else, press ctrl-v. No need to group them.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net