Maps we'd love to see

fargo007

Syria map

link to read more about this?

I was referring to the Syria map by Ugra - Media -

After completing a great update to their DCS: Normandy 1944 map, Ugra Media will continue their work on the ambitious Syria map. This map spans from Turkey in the north to Israel in the south, with Syria and Lebanon in between. After an initial map review, the Ugra Team will be implementing the feedback to move forward on an early access release.

You can read about this in the Newsletter section and in Ugra Media section of the forums.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I want to ask the map developers a question.

Is it possible if the Caucasus automatically loads the next map as you fly to the border of the current map?

example do I fly to the caucasus border and fly to turkey is it possible in real time while flying that automatically loads the map of turkey? and then Greece, and then Italy etc. etc.

link to read more about this?

Syria map in progress by Ugra-Media show on 2020 no aircraft module newsletter

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4168367&postcount=233

and the russian Ugra-Media webpage

http://ugra-media.ru/2018/proekt-blizhnij-vostok/

The Syria map appears on 2019 F-16 introduction video

I want to ask the map developers a question.

Is it possible if the Caucasus automatically loads the next map as you fly to the border of the current map?

example do I fly to the caucasus border and fly to turkey is it possible in real time while flying that automatically loads the map of turkey? and then Greece, and then Italy etc. etc.

Actually not has capable. That can be require a "Whole World" or similar map technology to interconect maps.

Here's my personal wishlist

• Baltic
  • Germany
  • GIUK Gap/North Atlantic
  • Balkans
  • South China Sea/Philippines
  • Bering Sea/Strait

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I would love Taiwan, I would love Bearing Straits.. but the map that makes more sense is Korea. its good for the 50´s and a plethora of whats ifs in any period.

I totally agree! We already have most of the aircraft that flew in the Korean war. Plus with the ongoing tensions with that part of the world it would be a popular map with anyone else curious to plan out what if scenarios.

1) Korea 1950's, 1990, 2020 (pick one for more roads more buildings more and paved airfields). Mustangs, Migs, Corsairs, Sabres, Vipers, Hornets and Carriers, Cobras and Hips, Hueys.

2) Norway Sweden Finland Russia region (think EF2000 map) because mountains, Fjords, glaciers, for Viggen era, F-16 era, and maybe paint up some JF-17's to look like Grippens or Eurofighters

3) Vietnam. for Huey's, A-6's, F-5 Tigers, Mig-19's and 21's, eventual F-4's and A-7's. possible Cobra (if they ever get here)

4) Central America. Because trees and rivers, hills and mountains.

1. A 2000km x 2000km map of the GUIK gap. One of the drawbacks from this area is the lack of operating air stations for Redfor. A proper 2k x 2k map would hit Scotland up through the Gap into Greenland and provide a lot of flying room out of Norway and possibly Sweden. The vast majority of it would be ocean and long range aircraft like the Tomcat and enemy bombers would have a lot of room to hide. This would work especially well with some planned assets on naval surface warfare.

2. The Fulda Gap. Germany in the 80's. A 500km x 500km map (or larger) would be an intense place to run. Squeeze in an area of sea at the top around Denmark for carriers and you have a very active battlefield. It would be a tac air dream - or a nightmare depending on your opinion. Its also the location most of these modules were designed to fight.

3. Vietnam. No further explanation required.

4. Kuril Islands. The Soviets captured it in World War II and refused to give four of them back to Japan. There's some dispute about that. Some people are a little sore about that. This means the Russian coastline is 18km from the Japanese home islands. A huge opportunity for BlueFor carrier and land based operations from friendly locations as well as the same for RedFor.

5. Balkans. This is one of the world's oldest flashpoints. This area could be modeled at any point in the last 70 years and you have the potential for explosive missions and campaigns. Tito vs Soviets all the way up through the more obvious issues during the 90's.

I won't hold out hope for a China/Taiwan map. China would just ban the game and ED won't poke the dragon over it. Someone is already working on maps for Afghanistan and the Baltic.

Honestly I would just really like to see a return to larger maps with more detail. ED got away from them due to minimum computing requirements for a wider audience. I don't know how many of you played LOMAC when it came out back in 2003, but you could fly anywhere in the Crimea and a little bit of southern Ukraine, all the way down to Georgia. There were powerplants, factories, and all sorts of strategic targets to hit.

Honestly I'm just really sick of flying over brown coloring or Caucasus. I cannot express how much money I would spend for a detailed GUIK or Fulda Gap map.

I'd like to see Vietnam, northern Persian gulf (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq & Iran), and cuba.i know Cuba is the least realistic of the 3, and has an admitidly small audience, I don't care, I just wanna fly Cuban air Force, and short of getting an Angola map, that's my only chance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 3 months later...

Vietnam :thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

My list in no particular order:

10)somewhere up north (Siberia ?)

9)Korea

8.Kuril islands

7)Bering Detroit

6)Vietnam

5)Somalia

4)Israel/Syria

3)Yugoslavia

2)Baltic sea

1)Switzerland, just because...

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

My list in no particular order:

10)somewhere up north (Siberia ?)

9)Korea

8.Kuril islands

7)Bering Detroit

6)Vietnam

5)Somalia

4)Israel/Syria

3)Yugoslavia

2)Baltic sea

1)Switzerland, just because...

Totally support the Switzerland Map. +1000

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

Here is what would get me excited the most based on module type:

Cold War

1)Korea

2)Nam

3)Fulda Gap/Eastern Europe

4)Afghanistan /SW Asia (Could be Modern)

5)Horn of Africa/Suez Canal area (WWII moddable as well)

WWII

1)Eastern Front

2)Mediterranean/North Africa (older models would work well here)

3)Philippine Sea/Indonesia

4)Burma (Could use Nam map here too)

Modern

1)Utilizing the western half of Caucuses

2)South China Sea

3)Alaska Red Flag

4)South America for funsies. I like Chile/Argentina over the Andes location.

5)Literally anywhere different

Edited by zinhawk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 5 3600 (4.1Ghz), 32 GB DDR4, Sapphire R9 390X Nitro, Fatal1ty B450 K4

TrackIR, Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Totally support the Switzerland Map. +1000

Yeah, well it would be something very personal for me since I live there, but headquarters of ED are in Lausanne too so I guess it would make (a very little bit) sense but I still doubt it, well whatever, I'll keep on dreaming :P

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?