Don't have MiG-29 manual, wrong DCS version title

Top Jockey

Well, today I updated DCS World from 1.5.8.xxx release to 2.5.3.xxx open beta, so I could try the MiG-29 Professional Flight Model.

Although the game works fine, and my in-game version is indeed 2.5.3.xxx, at Windows the start menu icon is DCS 1.5... and I don't have the MIG-29 manual in the docs file either.

How do I get it ?

I've done a repair, but everything seems to be ok.

Can using "Updater Version 2.6.xxx" syntax commands at the "Command Prompt Windows", to order the update cause this ?

(Not that the commands syntax changes a lot, but still..)

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-29\Doc

That's where mine lives.

I've attached it here.

You're the greatest Lixma 06 !

Something must have failed during my version update, because I don't have that MiG-29 folder there...

Thank you for the manual.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

It should function identically to the Su-27, with few exceptions, possibly none.

I remember the previous DCS flight manuals, also did group both fighters in the same chapter.

However because this is the Fulcrum, things like the flight manual are like 'memorabilia' to me. :thumbup:

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Something must have failed during my version update, because I don't have that MiG-29 folder there...

You don't have it if you didn't buy or force install the module.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

You don't have it if you didn't buy or force install the module.

Hello Dudikoff,

I did buy Flamming Cliffs 3 and MiG-21 Bis - directly from DCS Store, not Steam.

What's a "force install" ?

I'm still somewhat noob with all these DCS installing therms and procedures, etc.

So what I did was:

From 1.5.8.xxx release, updated to 2.5.3.xxx open beta.

Did that by following the instructions at:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

The mistake I believe I made, was writing :

DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.3.xxx@openbeta

When it seems I shoud have writen :

dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:2.5.3.xxx - because this is the correct syntax for installing through the "Command Prompt Windows"...

All this is somewhat confusing for me, do you think this might have been the reason ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Hello Dudikoff,

I did buy Flamming Cliffs 3 and MiG-21 Bis - directly from DCS Store, not Steam.

What's a "force install" ?

I'm still somewhat noob with all these DCS installing therms and procedures, etc.

So what I did was:

From 1.5.8.xxx release, updated to 2.5.3.xxx open beta.

Did that by following the instructions at:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

The mistake I believe I made, was writing :

DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.3.xxx@openbeta

When it seems I shoud have writen :

dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:2.5.3.xxx - because this is the correct syntax for installing through the "Command Prompt Windows"...

All this is somewhat confusing for me, do you think this might have been the reason ?

You did not have to specify the version AFAIK. You could have just type "DCS_updater.exe update" an it would have installed the latest version if you already had a openbeta folder.

Dudikoff was saying when he wrote "force install" is telling the updater.exe to install a specific module. For example DCS_updater.exe install MIG-29

The reason you did not get the manual is because you have FC3, you get the module but FC3 has not got the manual yet. This happened with previous modules like the SU-27 and 33. You will get the manual in the FC3 file eventually.

Right now, if you want the manual, you can install the Mig-29 module and once inside DCS, you can disable it. You can still fly it since you got FC3 and you will get the manual on the Mig-29 folder.

To specify, the current openbeta version is 2.5.3.22652

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You did not have to specify the version AFAIK. You could have just type "DCS_updater.exe update" an it would have installed the latest version if you already had a openbeta folder.

Dudikoff was saying when he wrote "force install" is telling the updater.exe to install a specific module. For example DCS_updater.exe install MIG-29

The reason you did not get the manual is because you have FC3, you get the module but FC3 has not got the manual yet. This happened with previous modules like the SU-27 and 33. You will get the manual in the FC3 file eventually.

Right now, if you want the manual, you can install the Mig-29 module and once inside DCS, you can disable it. You can still fly it since you got FC3 and you will get the manual on the Mig-29 folder.

To specify, the current openbeta version is 2.5.3.22652

Hello mvsgas,

Ok, I believe I'm beginning to understand more or less.

I only had version 1.5.8.xxx release, so probably there was no open beta folder on my system.

Didn't know there was the possibility to install specifically the MiG-29 through 'command prompt windows' or 'updater program'.

To install MiG-21 Bis there's an option in-game.

Lixma 06 already shared the manual.

However I believe something went wrong with my install, as in Windows all icons and folders related to the game still say DCS World 1.5...

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Hello mvsgas,

Ok, I believe I'm beginning to understand more or less.

I only had version 1.5.8.xxx release, so probably there was no open beta folder on my system.

Didn't know there was the possibility to install specifically the MiG-29 through 'command prompt windows' or 'updater program'.

To install MiG-21 Bis there's an option in-game.

Lixma 06 already shared the manual.

However I believe something went wrong with my install, as in Windows all icons and folders related to the game still say DCS World 1.5...

Don't worry about the windows icon. What version does it show on the main screen when DCS finish loading? The version will be on the lower right side

Example

[ATTACH]195807[/ATTACH]

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Don't worry about the windows icon. What version does it show on the main screen when DCS finish loading? The version will be on the lower right side

Example

[ATTACH]195807[/ATTACH]

At the in-game, at the lower right side it shows preciselly the 2.5.3.22652 version.

The graphic scenarios sure are the improved ones of DCS World 2.5, and the MiG-29 really has the Professional Flight Model - I've been flying it yesterday almost all day long. :thumbup:

edit:

(And it felt just great to see that aircraft turn and maneuver as it should!)

So it's natural to have the game icons and folders refering to it as DCS World 1.5 instead of 2.5, and is my install ok ?

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Why does the manual don't say a word about landing procedures, aproach and landing speeds... Where can I learn how to land it?

I can't recall right now for sure, but maybe your best bet is the FC3 or Su-27 manual...

I believe the Su-27 would be the most similar in several aspects, regarding landings.

Sure the aircraft flying behaviour is 'considerably' different (the Su-27 is much more stable), but the instuments and HUD simbology are very similar.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I can't recall right now for sure, but maybe your best bet is the FC3 or Su-27 manual...

I believe the Su-27 would be the most similar in several aspects, regarding landings.

Sure the aircraft flying behaviour is 'considerably' different (the Su-27 is much more stable), but the instuments and HUD simbology are very similar.

I fly both in game and I can assure you they have nothing to do with each other.

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Why does the manual don't say a word about landing procedures, aproach and landing speeds... Where can I learn how to land it?

Hi,

Maybe this diagram, from the Luftwaffe's MiG-29G Flight Manual, can help you a bit ... the original was in knots, so I edited it to Km/h:

sts7YFQ.jpg

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

minor issues

I see a great work in the PFM and the cockpit and in manual, but

-preprogrammed MFD failure not turn off hud replicator

-electro mechanic airspeed indicator not display above 1000 kph ias

-qfe / qnh not alterable in pressure altimeter

-RWR is not readable in many light conditions, IRL pilot can use hand or an other shader

-there is a glitch in the left bottom corner of fuel indicator

-PDF pg110:

--mismatches in native betty gear down and up messages

--remaining fuel level not in kilograms!

-PDF pg30 Mechanical Devices Indicator suspected error:

with square-hole grids, those are indicated under fuel gauge, above 100 percent

-pdf pg45

"Aircraft engines emit head, than can be detected."

...emitting heat, that can be...

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

So it's natural to have the game icons and folders refering to it as DCS World 1.5 instead of 2.5, and is my install ok ?

I will say yes, is ok.

To whom it may concern,

Thank you sir! But how about the altitudes for each leg? Do you have this information also?

Hi,

Maybe this diagram, from the Luftwaffe's MiG-29G Flight Manual, can help you a bit ... the original was in knots, so I edited it to Km/h:

sts7YFQ.jpg

Cheers!

Thank you sir! But how about the altitudes for each leg? Do you have this information also?

No, sorry, the real manual doesnt say so

yPdzWqk.jpg

Using info from the manual (thanks a lot, ESAC_Mirmidon :) ), I've writen my own adapted checklist for landing the MiG-29:

• Start approach at 540 km/h, 1.000 mts AGL and 15 Km from the runway.
  • Use airbrakes (Key B), to reduce airspeed, but dont extend them over 970 Km/h. They cant be extended when using ventral drop tank or having the landing gear deployed.
  • Extend the landing gear at no more than 350 Km/h: Key G
  • Turn on Landing Lights: RALT + L
  • Extend landing Flaps at no more than 350 Km/h: LSHF + F
  • Touch-down speed: 250 Km/h at 11º AOA and normal weight. Use 270 Km/h at max. landing weight. Do not exceed 13º AOA or the tail cones can strike the runway.
  • Once on the runway, deploy landing chute: Key P. Do not deploy over 305 Km/h.
  • Use Wheel brakes at no more than 215 Km/h and only after the front Wheel has touched the runway.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

That's where mine lives.

I've attached it here.

Can you please Russian version?)

signature_GR(SW).jpg
ВПГ "Стража России" ведёт набор лётчиков на самолёты Су-27 и МиГ-29!

2.PNGVAT "Guard of Russia"

3.PNGВПГ "Стража России"

png-transparent-discord-computer-servers-teamspeak-discord-icon-video-game-smiley-online-chat-thumbnail (1).pngВПГ "Стража России"

No, sorry, the real manual doesnt say so

yPdzWqk.jpg

Using info from the manual (thanks a lot, ESAC_Mirmidon :) ), I've writen my own adapted checklist for landing the MiG-29:

• Start approach at 540 km/h, 1.000 mts AGL and 15 Km from the runway.
  • Use airbrakes (Key B), to reduce airspeed, but dont extend them over 970 Km/h. They cant be extended when using ventral drop tank or having the landing gear deployed.
  • Extend the landing gear at no more than 350 Km/h: Key G
  • Turn on Landing Lights: RALT + L
  • Extend landing Flaps at no more than 350 Km/h: LSHF + F
  • Touch-down speed: 250 Km/h at 11º AOA and normal weight. Use 270 Km/h at max. landing weight. Do not exceed 13º AOA or the tail cones can strike the runway.
  • Once on the runway, deploy landing chute: Key P. Do not deploy over 305 Km/h.
  • Use Wheel brakes at no more than 215 Km/h and only after the front Wheel has touched the runway.

Best regards

Thank you very much for your help! Let me do the training to properly land this beast! :thumbup:

That's where mine lives.

I've attached it here.

Thanks for that :)

Mine was missing, I don't know why.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Thanks for that :)

Mine was missing, I don't know why.

Do you have FC3? if so, that is why.

To whom it may concern,